The Basketball Match

Although You Didn't Know

 

“Today’s the day~~”,Himchan sang as he spun around the corridor.”Stop it hyung,you are embarrassing us”,Youngjae chided.”What?!Is it wrong to be excited for the basketball match?”,Himchan faked a sniffle and hit Youngjae’s arms in a girly way.Youngjae just rolled his eyes and turned away.

“We must win the match today.If we win,we would have kept our record for winning 3 years continuously!”,Zelo grinned.”So you better make a good use of your height and be a good rebounder for us”,Jongup patted his shoulder.

“Daehyun hyung,what post you want to play this year?Point guard?”,Zelo turned to look at Daehyun.No reply.”Hyung?”,he squeaked.Still,no reply.”Yah,maknae is talking to you”,Yongguk nudged Daehyun lightly.Daehyun finally snapped out from his deep thoughts.”Sorry,what were you saying?”,he faked a smile.

“I was asking what post do you want to play this year?”,Zelo repeated.”Huh?Post?Play what?”,Daehyun raised his brow.”Looks like someone just came back from the Mato Planet”,Youngjae laughed,earning himself a whack from Himchan.”No saying my son this way”,Himchan wagged his finger at him.

“The basketball match,Daehyun hyung!Its our 3rd time playing this year”,Jongup reminded.”Oh..right.When is it again?”,Daehyun muttered.”Its today!Where are you,Jung Daehyun?!Come back right now!”,Himchan grabbed both his shoulder and started shaking him back and forth.”Alright,alright!I know already”,Daehyun pushed his arms away and nodded.

“Daehyun hyung,can you really play today?You seemed..a little space out today”,Zelo asked worriedly.”Are you sick?”,Yongguk put the back of his palm on Daehyun’s forehead.”Nah.Its okay..I was just..thinking about something”.*Ji Eun*.”Who are we playing against this year?”.

“Not really sure,but I heard they say it was some people from Woolim High”,Youngjae replied.

--

“Why must we watch some stupid basketball match?Its just a stupid game where 10 boys fight for a ball just to get it into the net.Is that even interesting?”,Ji Eun rolled her eyes.”Of course it is!Plus,there is surprise this year”,Woohyun winked.

“What surprise?”,Ji Eun asked curiously.”You will see.Come on,lets go.We must hurry to grab a good seat!”,Woohyun urged and pushed her back along to the gymnasium.

By the time both of them entered the gym,there were already quite many people got seated already.Woohyun managed to find a seat a few rows away from the court.Its quite a good spot,I must say.”Lucky us”,Woohyun shifted in his seat to be a little bit more comfortable.

“We should have just go back and have some rest.We have work today remem-“,Ji Eun stopped when her eyes lingered somewhere to the court.The crowd started to cheer.The BAP boys entered with Himchan waving his hands,sending flying kisses as if he was some superstar.But Ji Eun’s eyes were particulary on someone.The someone who was looking as dull as ever.Daehyun.

“What were you saying?”,Woohyun looked at Ji Eun to find her deeply immersed with someone she was staring at.He followed her gaze and Woohyun immediately found himself hurting at the image she was staring at.*She still like him a lot..didnt she?*.

Daehyun wasn’t half interested at all on the match since his mind was occupied with something else.But when he felt an intense stare piercing his back,he turned to find the one responsible for it.He saw Ji Eun at his right and his eyes immediately softened.*She never come for any of my basketball match,why is she here today?*.His eyes wandered to the person sitting right next to her and his stern expression returned.*Is him the reason she is here today?*.

Ji Eun noticed the change in Daehyun’s expression and she flinched.She swore she saw the soft,warm eyes that he always had on her just a seconds ago.Why did the cold expression re his face again?Did he really hate her this much?Ji Eun snapped out from her thoughts when she heard another cheers again.

“Fighting!!!”,she heard Woohyun shouting beside her.And that was when she realised who they were.The Infinite boys.Girls started to cheer at their new eye candies.The 6 of them trudged into the court  from the opposite direction from the BAP boys.”This is the surprise you were saying?”,Ji Eun looked at Woohyun boredly.Woohyun just grinned.

The BAP boys,of course,weren’t feeling happy at all after they saw who their competitor was.”Aren’t them the one we saw at the pub?”,Youngjae whispered.”Hell,right they were.I am going to kick some asses”,Yongguk cracked his knuckles.

“Hey,there is Ji Eun nonna over there!With Woohyun hyung!”,Sungjong cried and waved at the two of them.Woohyun waved back while Ji Eun just snorted,followed by a small smile.

“Ji Eun know them?”,Zelo gasped.Daehyun couldn’t believe either.He saw Ji  Eun snorting but he knew he was already warming up to them with the smile she tried to hide.

The 12 of them confronted each other in the middle of the court with both their leaders in the front.”Its nice meeting you here”,Sunggyu crossed his arms and gave his opponent a smile.”I don’t feel nice at all seeing you ‘these’ people here”,Yongguk spat.

“What do you mean by ‘these’?!”,Myungsoo growled protectively.”Its okay L,we will show what ‘these’ people would do in this match”,Hoya smirked and glared at the BAP boys.

 

-END-