Pushing her away

Although You Didn't Know

 

“Daehyun,Daehyun?Did you break up with her?”,Mr Jung asked as soon he saw his son entering the house.He wanted to save the business he put his whole life in it as soon as he could.At that moment,he thought that his son could have another wife,but his business wouldn’t have another chance to revive,if he lose it this time.

Daehyun stopped and stared at his father for a long time.He observed his wrinkles that he hadn’t notice on his face and how his hair had got whitened from the past few years.He could see how much his father wanted his business and as the only son in his family,he couldn’t say ‘no’ to his old man’s desperate wish.

“Yeah,I did,ahbeoji”,he tried to force out a smile.Mr Jung who was too dull to notice his sadness,beamed widely as usual.He went over and gave his son a fatherly hug.”I am really sorry,for asking you to do things like this.Trust me,appa will find you a better one,okay?”,he patted his back.“Neh”,Daehyun just nodded.

Daehyun locked his room right after he entered.He leaned himself against the door as he stared at the ceiling blankly.Ji Eun’s hurt,tearful face kept replayed in his mind like a video player and it broke his heart,no matter how many times he remembered about it.

Those tears he had been hiding ever since he said those harsh words to her flew out from his eyes as he tumbled to the floor.”Ji Eun ah,mianhae”,he sobbed as he kept apologizing even though he knew she couldn’t hear.

--

The news Daehyun’s and Ji Eun’s broke up spread even faster than Ji Eun’s father’s incident.The bright,sunny morning was full with the chatters and gossips about the lastest hottest news in the school.

Weird stares and glares were sent towards Ji Eun right after she had her foot stepped into the school compound.Normally,she would had either ignored their stares,or challenged them back,but this time it was different.She had her head lowered and even though,she could hear those spiteful insults that were thrown to her side,she just continued walking as if nothing was wrong.

Ji Eun had to admit,she had never felt this awful before.She never felt this weak before,even after her father’s death.She had thought of skipping school yesterday because she had predicted this,but she didn’t want to be a coward.Eventhough she had gone through so many things,there was still this arrogance in her.

And,it wasn’t only her that was affected by the news.The BAP boys got shocked the most when they heard about the news.They thought it was rumour,until they had it confirmed from Daehyun.

“What?I don’t like her anymore,so why can’t we break up?”,Daehyun munched on his toast and answered the question as if nothing was wrong.”Did I hear wrongly?”,Youngjae rubbed his ear.He couldn’t believe that those kind of word would come out from Daehyun’s mouth.

“She was your fiancé,hyung!I thought you loved her,why?Why?”,Zelo pouted.”Aren’t you getting married,hyung?Something happened?”,Jongup looked at him worriedly.

“What’s wrong with you guys,man?Its not like I have to be with her,right?There are so many girls out there,why should I give up on a forest because of one unworthy tree?”,Daehyun raised one of his brows.

“Are you seriously Jung Daehyun?Look at me,who am I?”,Himchan grabbed both Daehyun’s cheeks and stared into his eyes.It was too unbelieveable for the goody Daehyun to act like this.”Yah,stop it hyung!”,Daehyun slapped his hands away,grumbling.

“Tsk,lets just go to class.You guys are being so clingly.Stop acting like a girl.When did we ever discuss about girls like this?”,Daehyun laughed and got up from his seat.

“He isn’t the Jung Daehyun we knew,isn’t him?”,Youngjae awkwardly looked at the others.”He definitely not the Daehyun hyung that would buy me food”,Zelo pouted.”Let’s just go,let me hit some sane into his head later!”,Himchan grinned.

Yongguk who had been staring at Daehyun ever since he saw him in the morning didn’t speak out a single word at all.He knew Daehyun too well for him to act like that.And he will find out why,even though he hated Ji Eun,he knew Daehyun loved her a lot.

--

“Look at that .Her family got broke and now she is being dumped by Daehyun oppa?Can that be any funnier?”,a girl laughed as Ji Eun walked pass her.

Woohyun who had been secretly following her,looked at Ji Eun sadly.*Why isn’t she fighting back?*.Ji Eun just walked pass the girl,not even bothering to look at her.”Shameful isn’t she?”,another girl giggled.

“Daehyun oppa!”,a few girls squealed.Ji Eun’s head quickly snapped towards the girls’ direction.A spang of sadness hit her heart when she saw Daehyun walking towards her direction with the BAP boys.And what made her felt worst,Daehyun didn’t look affected by their break up at all.

“Oppa!”,a girl wrapped her arms around Daehyun’s shamelessly.Daehyun was about to pull her arms away when he noticed Ji Eun staring at him with those sad eyes that made his heart wavered.He wanted to run to her and apologized for whatever he said yesterday,but he knew,he couldn’t.

Instead of pushing her away,Daehyun forced himself to smile at her instead.”Oh,Jung Ri ah.Do you want to go for a date today?Oppa is so free now.Now that I had get rid of ‘someone’”,he emphasized.

Woohyun frowned when he saw what he did.*What is that jerk doing?And I thought,he was good to her!*.

“Really?!!”,Jung Ri squealed even louder and tightened her grab around Daehyun’s arms.”I will fetch you at 8 tonight.Wait for me”,Daehyun winked at her and strolled forward,nearing Ji Eun.

As he walked pass her,he didn’t even spare a look at her.He purposely ran through her shoulders and walked pass her like he didn’t see her at all.The BAP boys looked at Ji Eun with apologetic eyes,but what they could do?

Ji Eun stood still at her spot,without moving at all.She still couldn’t believe what she had just seen.The man she trusted the most for the past few years,the man she loved with all her heart for the past years,the man..she thought would never leave her side.

Ji Eun felt her tears started to run down her cheeks,so she started to run.She didn’t want anyone to see her crying,at least,not in front of all those people who won’t comfort her,but just insult her more.At that moment,she had those little thoughts in her mind that,maybe,the way she acted last time,made her deserved what she get right now.

 

-END-