Chapter 7

My Personal Jerk

 

 

“Kwon _____. I’m going to have to leave the classroom soon. Please hurry up.” Your professor said as he started packing up his teaching materials into his suitcase. Throughout the first half of your first class, you had failed to pay attention to the class. You figured that it was due to getting “sick” this morning, but still it didn’t change the situation you were in. You had gotten behind on the note taking in class so you were the last one in the classroom copying the notes the professor had kindly left on the board for you to copy. Once you were done copying the notes, you put your spiral into your brown backpack and headed out the classroom

“Thank you Professor Lee.” You bowed as you walked by the professor. He sighed. “Just pay attention next time and practice abbreviating more if you need to.” He replied as he followed you out of the classroom. The professor locked the wooden door and walked the opposite way of you which left you walking by yourself to your next class. Time didn’t concern you today since you still had about six minutes to your next class so you decided to casually walk to you next class.

“There she goes.” You heard some try to whisper around you. You shrugged and kept walking. “They’re probably talking about someone else.” you thought to yourself. The hallways you were walking down then suddenly became quiet. It was kind of eerie and peculiar. You looked down and saw your shoe lace on your left foot was untied so you bent down and started to tie it. As you were tying your shoe, you heard feet shuffling around and some whispering coming from the second floor. “Hurry up!” you heard someone else whisper loudly. You stood up and instantly heard a crack behind you. You turned around and saw a raw, cracked egg on the floor. You turned you gaze upwards to the second floor rails, but saw no one there.

You hurriedly walked to your next class despite the confusion that was going through your mind. As you walked into the classroom you felt someone pushing you from behind and started turning around. “Listen her-” you stopped awkwardly as you found your face only a few inches away from someone else’s face. Eli was standing there just as awkward as you were and with a surprised expression as well. Your face started heating up again. “I’m still sick!” you said to yourself as you felt a weird feeling coming from you abdomen.

“Hello ____!” Kevin smiled brightly from behind Eli. You snapped out of it and quickly backed away from Eli. “Hey.” You replied softly and walked towards your seat. You pulled your stool away from Eli’s and sat down. Unaware of himself, he watched your every move from you pulling the chair farther away and then sitting down. “Is she mad at me?” he thought to himself as Kevin pushed him towards his stool so that he could get to his own seat. ”Why would it even matter?!” he questioned himself. You turned your face away from him so he wouldn’t see your reddened face.

“Partner Quizzes!” Professor Kim said as he walked in with a stack of papers on his right arm while he passed them out with his left. You sighed in relief after you saw it was over chapters you had already reviewed. Without any thought you started answering the questions and completely forgot it was a partner quiz. Meaning you had to do the quiz with Eli. “Hey Piggy…” Eli whispered as he leaned in towards you. “We have to do it together.” He smirked as you blushed at his statement. You silently slapped yourself again and reminded yourself to buy medicine on the way home. Slowly and unconfident was how you felt as you scooted in towards the center of the black table. You repeated the same question to yourself over and over, but you still didn’t understand what it was asking. “The answer is C.” Eli blurted out softly as you started at him with a shocked expression. “Just because it seems like I don’t like school doesn’t mean I’m not good at it.” He explained as he rolled his eyes. You scoffed continued with the rest of the quiz. You looked at the next question and finalized your thoughts, but as soon as you answered the last question, Eli snatched your purple pencil and erased. You gave him a baffled look. “What are you doing?!” you whispered, “It’s right!” He ignored and tapped the pink eraser on his chin as he completed his thoughts. “Yah!” you whispered loudly as you leaned in closer so he wouldn’t ignore you again. He finally decided on an answer and circled the same one you had chosen earlier. “You caveman! That was the one I ci-” you stopped as Eli turned his head to retort, but found himself a few inches away from your face. “This feeling again…” he thought as he stayed in frozen position in front of you. You immediately started blushing from the sudden shorten distance between the two of you. “WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!”  you asked yourself and quickly turned away. “Stupid caveman…” you muttered as you grabbed the quiz and walked to turn it in to the professor.

After you two finished the quiz, the professor started the class with a lecture and once again you started taking more notes. It was that much of note taking and only after thirty minutes the professor seemed to be done lecturing for the day. As you finished putting your stuff into your backpack, the professor once again reminded the class of the papers that were to be due soon. Earlier in the week you and Eli had agreed to come up with some of the paper and information to put together afterwards.

“Hey piggy,” Eli started as he stood up from his stool.

“Hnn…” you muttered as you held a pencil in your mouth as you tried to multitask with all your school items that needed to go into your backpack. Eli watched you as you struggled to put your items in your backpack.

“Let me help.” Someone said from behind Eli. You turned to their direction and saw Kevin grabbing your textbooks from you as you held your backpack open. Kevin smiled at you and you felt yourself blush. You might as well be a tomato today. Eli watched your actions and felt himself get uneasy with the scene.

“Piggy we need to get together to finish the paper.” He blurted out as he moved in between you and Kevin. You blankly blinked at him for his random behavior.  “You better text me before we get out of here.”  He said as he walked past the two of you and headed out the door. “What…is he bipolar too?” you asked yourself as you headed out of the classroom with Kevin.