Chapter 4

My Personal Jerk

 

Today was a brand new day and you were determined to keep it that way. You walked down to the school café that was near your dorm to get some coffee to wake you up. You had stayed up reading last night to catch up on your readings and fell asleep late so you were dragging.

While waiting for your order to finish, you felt someone lightly tap your shoulder. You sluggardly turned around to look at who it was. It was Kevin who was of course bright and bubbly this morning. How he did that blew your mind. He was wearing a jean jacket with a thin, white hoodie underneath and was looking comfortably chic like he did last time.

“Someone looks sleepy.” He teased. You just smiled slightly and nodded for response. You were going to wait for Kevin to get his order, but you noticed someone who walked out of the restroom and was now walking towards the both of you. You sighed and decided to stand your ground. There was no way you were going to let Eli push you around. 

At first you thought he was ignoring your presence, but you soon realized that he just hadn’t realized you were there. He leaned forward a bit to look at who was on the other side of Kevin and gave you a disgusted look. “Ew.” He said loudly so that you could hear him. Kevin looked over at you and sighed. He obviously felt bad at how Eli acted towards you. “Look in the mirror.” You stated coldly as you took a sip of your frap. “Well obviously my looks kill.” He snarled. You rolled your eyes. How can someone be so cocky and rude? “If looks kill then you must be bring people back from the dead.”  You retorted without thinking. You could hear Kevin trying to contain a laugh. Eli glared at you and turned his attention to Kevin. “Yah, why are you laughing? How is that supposed to be an insult?” he asked annoyed. Kevin just shook his head and took the coffee that had just finished being prepared from the counter. You followed Kevin out the door as you tried to ignore Eli’s comments.

You were casually talking to Kevin as you guys entered the class room building A. You were peacefully getting near your classroom while Eli kept quiet, but that was quickly interrupted by Eli himself. “Yah! Why are still walking with us you ugly witch?” he started. You were about to retort, but was quickly cut short by Eli of course. “Do you not have any friends?” he shouted. You opened wide with shock at your realization just then. You thought about it, you really didn’t have any friends on campus. You looked down at your feet and held your books tightly against your chest. You really didn’t have any friends on campus. Without saying a word you turned away from them and walked towards your classroom. You felt like crying. “How could he be so mean?” you thought to yourself. How would he know though? You two didn’t really know much about each other.

Keeping your head down to let anyone from seeing your upset face, you sat down and took out your notebook. You were scanning for the last page you left off in your notebook when you saw an envelope with your name on it near your feet. You picked it up and opened the envelope. As you opened the letter, a picture fell out of yourself that had been drawn on. The picture had actually been photoshoped onto a picture of a pig. Your face had been drawn on as well. You turned it over and there was something written on the back. “You ugly pig. Don’t think you’re good enough for him because you’re not.” It read. You were too shocked to even notice anyone.