Chapter 21

My Personal Jerk

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! <3 Hello to my new subscribers as well! Here's the chapter as promised! :) I hope you guys enjoy this one! - BlossomKiss

 


 

“So you really can’t come to practice today?” Minsoo pouted as you both walked outside towards the parking lot. Earlier in the day Minsoo had asked you if you wanted to go to his rehearsals, but by that time Eli had already snatched up your afternoon.

You lightly shook your head. “No, I’m sorry. I had already told Eli that I would help him today.” You looked down at the concrete sidewalk and continued limping. You ankle didn’t hurt as bad today, but it still hurt enough to make you limp.

Minsoo looked down as well and then sighed. “So you two are okay now?” he asked curiously.

You paused a bit before answering him. It was a question you were really unsure of how to answer. Partially because you didn’t quite understand what was going on or what was going in Eli’s head to be exact. “I think so.”

Minsoo nodded and then stopped walking. “Well I have to go before I’m late! Bye noona!” he smiled as he gave you a quick hug. You laughed and hugged him back. “Bye!”

You continued to walk around the parking lot in search of Eli’s car, but you had no luck so you decided to call him to see where he was at.  As you started dialing, you heard a honk come from behind you. Right behind was Eli in his car with a mischievous smirk. You walk over to the passenger side door and attempt to open it, but the door is locked. Eli then scrolls down the window enough for you to see and hear him, but not enough for you to reach in.

“What the hell Eli?” you yelled through the window.

Eli just chuckled and looked over at you. “What?”

“Open the door.” You replied in an annoyed tone.

Eli rested his arm on the steering wheel with his head rested on it as well. He then looked at you with a poker face. “Why?”

“You told me you needed me today!” you whined outside his car window. Some of the other students were walking by looked over at you and started whispering at each other. You groaned in frustration. “Fine then, I’m leaving.” You stated as you turned around and started limping back towards the campus. Your pace was a little bit too fast for you as you pain started to come about your ankle with each step.

Eli pulled his car up to you slowly and rolled down his window all the way. “Get in the car.” He demanded.

“No.” you replied quickly without looking at him. Your hair swayed with the movement of imbalances.

Eli turned off the engine and looked out the window in your direction before shouting in your direction. The hot red car behind Eli honked his horn. “Get in the car.”

“No!” you turned around.

The guy behind him rolled down his window and leaned his head out of his red car. He looked irritated. “What the hell man?! Move your car!” he shouted from out his window.

“Eli get out of the way!” you shouted at him. You didn’t want a conflict to happen.

Eli rested his arm on the window on his jet black car. He then rested his chin on his arm. The guy in the red car started to open his car door. You could feel your heart beat loud and fast. It was like you were about to have a panic attack. “Eli!” you shrieked.

“Well get in the car!” he sneered at you. He didn’t even have to say it twice till you started to move towards the car and he the engine. The guy from the red car got back in, but not before shouting “” at Eli. Eli didn’t care and rolled up his window. You climbed into the car and shut the door. With that Eli peeled out of the parking lot before you could even put on your seat belt.

“Slow down!” you shouted as you fumbled with the seat belt. There was a yellow light coming up and Eli looked as though he was going to pass it up when there was no chance of making it. This boy was going to kill you.

Just as you think he’s either going to slam on the breaks, he comes up to the light in a gentle stop. How he did it was beyond your understanding.

Eli continued to look at the road ahead of him. “What?”  he asked without looking at you.

“Where are we going anyway?” you fumbled with your fingers in your lap.

Eli sighed and then put his foot on the gas pedal slowly. “I was going to take you to accompany me for dinner, but seeing as your foot’s still hurt, I don’t think that’s going to happen.” You remain quiet as you didn’t know what to say to that or what to think of it either.

“So we’re going to my house.” He stated.

“Do you even know how to cook?” you snorted.

He laughed. “I do, but I don’t like to.”

“Then why are you going to?” you asked curiously.

“Because it’s you.” He smiled to himself. You were about to say something, but his phone started ringing. “Can you get that for me?”

“Yeah.” You responded and took his phone from the charger he had in his car. The phone’s screen had Eunmi’s name lit up. Meaning she was calling.

“Answer it before they hang up.” Eli stated as he took a turn. You sighed and finally went to press the answer button, but by that time she had already hung up the phone. “I told you.” He cooed. You pouted in your seat as you two continued to his house.

 

 

 

“You seriously made this?” you asked him as you stared at the plate in front of you. It all looked delicious and neatly presented. The effort could be shown in the arrangement.

“Yeah so you better eat it piggy.” He laughed. He took his fork and started eating with a smug look on his face. His hair dangled down his face as he looked down at his plate. His lips became pink and moistened as he took in food into his mouth. “I’m pretty sure the food taste better than my face.” He stated without even looking at you. You felt your face flush as you looked down at your place in embarrassment and started eating.

“This was really good. I can’t believe you made this.” You complimented as you wiped your mouth clean from stuffing yourself.

Eli got up from his chair and took the plate from you and went to put the dishes in the sink.

“Do you need help washing the dishes?” you asked. You didn’t want to leave him with dirty dishes. Especially when you ate at his house.

Eli the sink and started washing the dishes. “It’s only a few dishes. It’s okay.” He smiled at you genuinely. It felt as though his smile could melt you right in that very spot.  That smile was something you wish you could see every day. Eli had continued to wash the dishes as you dozed off into his face yet again.

He turned off the faucet and dried his hands before pulling you into the living room. He pulled you down onto the black couch and reached in front of the couch for the remote. He started browsing through the movie guide as you both remained quiet. His house was a bit chilly and you could feel your arms get goose bumps.

“Are you cold?” he asked as he looked over at you. You nodded and get got up from the couch. “I’ll go get you a blanket.” While he walked over to the closet in the hallway and started searching for a blanket, his phone went off again. “Could you get that for me?” he shouted.

You looked down at the coffee table and found the phone. As you picked it up you noticed that it was Eunmi again. This time you decided to answer it. You didn’t want to irritate Eli by failing to answer his phone again, but really did he think you were his secretary?

“Hello?” you answered.

Eunmi hesitated before answering. It seemed as though she wasn’t expecting you to answer. “Hello….who is this?”

“Kwon _____.” You replied.

“Oh…is Eli busy right now?” she asked. You looked over to Eli who was walking your way with the blanket and asked him if he wanted to talk. He shook his head no.

“Yeah, he can’t talk right now.” You replied.

“Okay…tell him to call me back when he has time.” She sighed.

You hesitated before answering her. “I will. Bye.”

“Bye.” With that the phone call had ended.

Eli opened up the blanket and laid it on you. “Who was it?’

“Eunmi wants you to call her back when you have time.” You replied irritated. Eli didn’t say anything and sat down next to you.

“What do you want to watch?” he asked.

You shrugged and yawned a little. “It doesn’t really matter.” Eli continued to switch through the movies until he found one that he liked. “Eli?” you asked half sleepily.

He looked over at you. Your head was falling towards his shoulder. You were starting to fall asleep. “Yeah?” he asked back.

“Why did you need to ‘borrow’ me today?” you asked with your head still bobbing back and forth. Eli reached over to you and pulled your head towards his shoulder.

“We didn’t finish our date.” He whispered, but you still heard him and that was the last thing you heard before you passed out.