Chapter10

My Personal Jerk

 

“Class before you leave, I just want to remind you that the papers are due this Friday.” Your biology professor said as he started whipping the board. 

Most of your morning seemed to be going smoothly despite the little bickering between both Eli and yourself. They were mostly little things. They ranged from not opening the door for him, to you accusing him of abusing the power, or to you not answering his text messages.

After you finished putting your backpack on you started heading out the door, but ended up being jerked backwards by your backpack. “Where are you going?” Eli asked while still holding your backpack.

You groaned. Eli constantly nagging at you was starting to get a little old. “The ladies room.” You replied in hopes that he wouldn’t follow you there.

“Shouldn’t you be going to the little boys’ room instead?” he asked while keeping a straight face. He was starting to get good at it too. You glared up at him as you tried to come up with a witty comeback, but ultimately failed. So with that you left the classroom and headed towards the restroom. Meanwhile you could hear Eli laughing behind you.

You turned around to find Eli following you. “Are you going to follow me into the restroom?!” you asked annoyed.

“Do you want me to?” Eli asked while he arched an eyebrow at you. You smacked his arm and walked into the restroom. “ert.” You muttered as you walked in. As you walked into the stall you heard the restroom door open again. The first thought that came into your head was that Eli actually followed you into the restroom, but then you realized it was a group of girls that walked in because of the sound of their clicking heels.

After you finished in the stall, you headed towards the sinks and noticed the group of girls fixing their makeup and gossiping. It seemed as though they hadn’t grown up since they had graduated. You were starting to get an odd feeling that someone was watching you as you rubbed your hands with the soap. You looked up and saw one of the girls looking at you and then she looked away. She had long, black hair that was parted to her left and a tall, slim figure that suited her outfit well. In other words, she was what most girls would consider “perfect”.

“Kwon ______?” you heard one of the girls ask so you turned to face the group again.

“Yes?” you asked timidly. You weren’t one to usually get intimidated by others, but just the fact that there was a group of them bothered you.

One of them stepped out of the circle and walked towards you. “So you’re the girl our dongseangs keep telling us about.”

You furrowed your eyebrows from confusion. “I’m sorry, but I don’t know what you’re referring to nor do I know you.” You replied for her to explain herself.

She flipped her medium length brown hair behind her shoulder and laughed. As if on cue, the other girls laughed with her. “Well you should know us and since you don’t, we’ll make sure you do.” She started. What was with this girl’s cocky attitude? “My name is Kim Yoomi. This groups of girls and I belong to drama club. We’re known on the campus, but most importantly you should know our sunbae.” As she finished introducing, she looked over at girl who was leisurely applying pink lipstick by the mirror. “Kim Eunmi.” Yoomi started again while Eunmi pretended to be oblivious to what was going around her. “Science Major. Your sunbae. Also,” Yoomi paused and looked over from her to you, “The one woman who Kim Eli belongs to.”

You stared at her with bewilderment. What did Eli have anything to do with the conversation? To you she was talking pure nonsense. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Just say it.”

Yoomi looked at you unamused. “Fine.” She glared at you. “Kim Eunmi and Kim Eli belong together…and no matter what you do, you’re not going to get in the way of that or you will have hell.” Yoomi’s expression got serious.

The whole room stayed silent and you noticed that Eunmi was looking at you. She didn’t look like she was mad nor looked sympathetic. She was just there and emotionless. “Kwon ___ __! Piggy! Hurry up! I’m not going to wait for you all day you know.” You heard Eli shout from outside the door.

You looked back at Yoomi and then at the rest of the girls in the group. “Sunbae or not, I will not stand here and listen to your meaningless threats. Especially when you’re acting like high school students. Now if you don’t mind I will be leaving first.” You said and walked towards the door. You could feel glares digging through your back as you walked out the door.

When you walked out Eli was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. “Geez what were you doing in there that took so long?” Eli asked as he fanned the air in front of his nose. You ignored him and sighed as you walked towards the cafeteria.

 

“So you DID actually make my lunch!” Eli smiled as he looked at the lunchbox in amusement. You rolled your eyes and took out your own lunchbox.

“Noona!” you heard a familiar voice shout from the in the direction you both were facing. You looked up and found Minsoo’s smiling face looking down at you. You couldn’t help but smile as well. “What’s up?” you asked as you unpacked your utensils and opened the lunch boxes. You waited for Minsoo to reply, but you noticed how he was eyeing your food.

“What some?” you asked as you patted the empty chair next to you so he could eat with you.

Eli watched as you conversed and you feed Minsoo some of the food had. “Ah this is so good! Did you make it?” Minsoo had asked you while clasping his hands in enjoyment. You laughed and Eli scoffed. He didn’t know why he was so bothered from watching you feed Minsoo. “It’s not that great I’ve had better.” Eli commented. He took another bite of the food. He lied. He actually enjoyed the food you had made. He didn’t know what go into him.

You put your chopsticks down with a loud thud. Eli jumped at your sudden outburst. “You could at least be grateful and thank me for actually keeping my word.” You glared at him.

Eli stared at you blankly, but inside he felt ungrateful. You had actually made him something to eat for lunch and it tasted amazing to him. “Well maybe yours taste better. Feed me…ahhhh…” Eli demanded as he opened his mouth wide for you to feed him.

You rolled your eyes and grabbed your chopsticks to feed him. You cupped your other hand underneath the food you were transferring to from your lunch box to his mouth. After you placed the food in his mouth, you immediately grabbed a napkin to wipe his mouth. “Geez you’re like a cave-baby.” You snickered as you gently wiped his mouth. You were waiting for Eli to retort, but he didn’t. You turned your gaze to his eyes whom were looking down intensely at you. He was looking at your hands. You looked at your hands and immediately noticed his plump, light pink lips. You felt your face start getting hot again.

“Stupid caveman! Feed yourself!” you complained and turned back to your lunch box so no one would see your flustered face.