Chapter 6

My Personal Jerk

 

“Lee Minsoo!!” you squeaked. It was a brand new day and you were currently waiting with Minsoo for the bus. Earlier you two had gone to go get some coffee and some donuts. Minsoo had requested to take a picture with you, but he failed to tell you that you had some powder on your lips.

You reached for the phone, but Minsoo stood and sadly you were too short. “Yah! Who told you that you could disrespect your elders?!” you whined. Your cheeks were still flushed from the embarrassment. Minsoo put the phone in his pocket and smirked.

“Noona…who said I was disrespecting you?” he asked playfully. You glared at him. You were debating whether or not to dig in his pocket for the phone, but it seemed inappropriate. You felt your face get hot again. “What if he thinks I’m a ert? Oh screw it!” you said to yourself. You scooted over to him and dug your hand into his pocket.

“Yah! Noona what are you doing?!” Minsoo shouted as his cheeks flushed red. You looked up at him and smirked. “You didn’t think the location would hold me back did you?”

You finally felt the phone and grabbed it and tried to pull it out, but your hand wouldn’t come out. You looked down and saw your bracelet stuck on the chain on his pants. The chain was connected to his pants and hung above his right pocket.

“It’s stuck!” you shriek in panic. Minsoo looked down at you with a red face still. “Well let me sit down so we can get in unstuck. Minsoo sat down on the bench and you sat next to him. From the angle you were in you could tell your bracelet was hooked onto the chain and made a link, but the position was hurting your arm a bit and you had your arm across Minsoo’s crotch which felt awkward as well. So in an attempt to make things less awkward, you sat down on your knees in front on Minsoo. As you tried to pry off the chain, Minsoo started fidgeting in his spot. Probably from the awkward and uncomfortable position you both were in.

“Hold still! I can’t do it with you moving so much!” you groaned in frustration once more. You stared at the silver bracelet.

“Hey witch! I didn’t know you were that type of girl.” You heard a familiar voice state from behind you. You rolled your eyes and found yourself looking at the one and only Kim Eli.

You gave him a confused look. What on earth is this caveman talking about? Eli smirked and looked down at you and Minsoo and then at the area where you were position. You gasped at the sudden realization of how you two looked. Embarrassed you tried to get up from the ground, but you ended up dragging Minsoo towards you.

“Geez get a room you two!” Eli snickered at you. You glared at him looked behind him to find Kevin there as well.  You blushed from the humiliation.

“Good morning _____!” he smiled as he looked down at your hand. “Does the bracelet hook on? Maybe you can unhook it.” He suggested. You mentally slapped yourself. It was probably one of the most obvious things to do and it had completely past your mind. You turned back around to Minsoo and unhooked it as the two of you blushed out of embarrassment.

“Why’d you do that?! I was having fun with this!” Eli said as he looked at Kevin. Kevin just shrugged and smiled at you. You were about to make a remark at Eli, but the bus had finally arrived. The doors creaked as the opened and you slid your hand up the silver rail as you walked up the steps.

“Noona! I got you covered!”Minsoo smiled in front of you. As you walked behind him on the black aisle you noticed that the bus wasn’t full nor was it empty. There were a few high school students and some elderly people in the front of the bus. “Noona, where shall we sit?” Minsoo asked happily. You pointed towards the right in the back and walked towards the back with Minsoo. Minsoo stepped aside to let you sit on the inside. You smiled at his kindness and sat down on the lime green seats. As you were putting your backpack on your lap, Kevin and Eli sat behind the two of you. Kevin was sitting behind Minsoo and Kevin was sitting behind you. You took out one of your college books and started reviewing what you had highlighted the night before to study for your exam today. As you turned a page you felt something tickle your right ear so you rubbed it to make it go away.

It didn’t take you very long afterwards to get irritated. The tickling didn’t stop. Thinking it was Minsoo messing with you, you turned to your right and looked over at him to find that he was consumed into his phone. His earphones were in too. You sighed and went back into your studying. As you got deeper into your studying, you noticed that the tickling started again. This time you decided to ignore it until whomever it was got tired or at least to where the person messing built enough confidence for you to catch their hand and this time you did. You grabbed the hand and turned around to find Eli staring back at your hand.

“I should’ve known it was you!” you whined. He just continued to stare at your hand as though he was in his own world. You looked in the direction of his eyes and pulled your hand back. “Weird caveman.” You muttered as the bus stopped. All of you walked out of the buses and headed towards the campus.

“Alright Noona I’ll see you later!” Minsoo smiled as he headed the opposite direction of the three of you. Kevin was to your right and Eli was walking next to him. In other words farther away from you. You and Eli were still walking until you noticed that Kevin had stopped. He was looking at his phone and he sighed. “Ahh I have to go another classroom today. I guess I’ll see you two in later then.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You frowned, but nodded. “Later!” both you and Eli said at the same time.  Eli turned his head into your direction and you did the same. Heat started rushing to your face so you placed your hands on your cheeks and looked away. “What’s wrong with me today?” you questioned yourself as you obviously started walking to your class and leaving a curious Eli behind. “Why are you being rude piggy?” Eli asked as he caught up with you and watched you slap your cheeks lightly. You turned your head to the right and looked at his chiseled face. You shook your head and looked back at the sidewalk.

“Why is she being so weird today?” Eli pondered as he continued you watch your strange actions. You puffed your cheeks out and groaned. “Cute.” Eli chuckled to himself and then stopped in his tracks, “What the hell am I saying? I must be getting a cold.” You stopped walking and looked over at him before walking over to him. His cheeks were light pink and his ears were kind of red as well. You reached your hand out and placed the back of your fingers on his forehead. He stiffened and felt his face heat up even more. “Ugh, why is your face so warm? Mine is too.” You paused and took your hand off of his forehead. You looked up at him to find his shocked looking back into yours intensely. Your heart felt as though it was beating too fast for your body to handle, but managed to get yourself back together. You cleared your throat and looked away before looking at him again with an annoyed face. “I think I’m getting sick. It must’ve been your fault caveman! Cavemen aren’t sanitary!” you shrieked as Eli started to snap out of it. You turned around and continued walking on the pavement to your classes with a dazed Eli behind you.