Chapter 2

My Personal Jerk

 

You sighed as you took your lunch you just ordered to the table at the cafeteria in your university. You day had just been ruined thanks to your biology class. What else could you do? But bare the next couple of months in the class. You would only see him during that class too; so it couldn’t be that bad.

As you took a sip from your coke you noticed Kevin sitting down at the in front of yours with some guys who were equally as attractive as he was. He then noticed you as well. He waved at you to come sit with him and you were about to accept his invitation until you saw Kim Eli sit down next to him. You frowned and then shook you head no at Kevin. He frowned as he didn’t know the reason you had declined his offer. He was only trying to be friendly.

You sighed as you realized you were eating by yourself once again. All thanks to your friend studying abroad, but you accepted it. After all you were starting your new life as an adult. The food didn’t taste amazing, but it was decent enough to digest. You took a bite of rice as you felt the presence of someone sit in front of you. You looked up and saw a guy sit down. He looked as though he was tall, slim, dark brown hair, pale skin, and was giving you a charming eye smile.

“Do you mind if I sit down with you?” he asked kindly as he held his tray. He looked a bit lonely as did you so you decided that the company wouldn’t hurt. After all you needed to make new friends.

“You can sit here.” You blushed. You didn’t feel like eating anymore now. You were starting to feel nervous so you just looked down and you poked it with your chop sticks.

“My name is Lee Minsoo. What’s yours?” he asked politely. “Kwon _____.” You replied shyly. He smiled at you and took a bite of his food. “Ah _____, why are you sitting by yourself?” he tried to converse.

After sometime of chatting, you found out that Minsoo is actually your dongsaeng by a year and had come from a town about three hours away. So he didn’t really have any friends around the university.

“Noona, what class do you have next?” he asked curiously as he ate some rice.

“English.” You replied as you finished eating your lunch. Lunch had actually gone by faster than you had expected with Minsoo sitting with you. He was a chatterbox, but an entertaining one.

“I do too! I actually just switched Professors. I have Professor Cole.” he exclaimed excitedly. His personality was cute; he seemed to optimistic and bubbly.

“That’s great!” you smiled. You were actually going to have a new friend in one of your classes. It was definitely something to look forward to and your day seemed to be getting somewhat better.

You got up from your chair and walked towards the trash can to throw your good away food. While passing by Kevin and Eli’s table, you felt something by the bottom of your foot and suddenly found yourself with your face on the floor. You lifted your head up to see Eli smirking down at you.

This jerk. Who does he think he is?

You started to snap back into reality and noticed that the whole restaurant was laughing at you. You’ve never felt embarrassment like this since you were a little kid. You felt your eyes start to water when you felt someone help you up. You looked up to find Minsoo looking down at you with concerned eyes. He picked up the rest of your trash and threw it away along with his. He then grabbed your hand and glared at Eli who was glaring back at him. Eli then looked at you and saw your swollen eyes. This jerk humiliated you in front of the campus and now everyone had their attention to you. Not in a good way either. The look on Eli’s face looked like he was showing remorse. You wanted to never see this jerk again, but unfortunately you had to see him the next school day.