Chapter 1

My Personal Jerk

 

“This jerk.” You muttered to yourself as you tried to relieve some anger with words. You were picking up your textbooks off the floor after the conceited jerk purposely knocked them off of your desk. Today was supposed to be a good day for you. It was technically your freshman year, but you were labeled as a sophomore since you decided to take classes ahead of time. You tried the best you could as you tried to fit in with the college sophmores in your classes, but it just didn’t seem to be going your way. You best friend’s parents had also decided to send her abroad so here you were. Alone in Seoul…with no one to depend on, but yourself while you went to university to make your grandfather and your deceased parents proud.

No matter how much you wanted to leave, you couldn’t. You had made a promise to your parents to get a good education and get a good job. You were going to help your grandfather so that he no longer had to work hard at the noodle shop your family owned. After all, he was getting rather old now. Everything would’ve been tolerable in school if it weren’t for one person who seemed to have it out for you.

This jerk has been bullying you since the first day you started Biology II this semester. The semester before, you had taken another Biology I with another Professor, but had to switch to another Professor because your previous one had decided to retire. So as a result, you ended up in an overly crowded class. Now what was the reason this guy was picking on you?

The day you were signing up for classes, you were the last one to sign up that particular hour and the idiot was wanting to sign up with his friend, but couldn’t. You had taken his spot. “It’s your fault for being late.” You remember retorting to him that day. He was a lucky one alright. A few days after the class was filled, one of the students dropped the class so he was able to get it. Unfortunately for you, he was still holding a grudge for making his life a little more complicated for a few days.

You sighed as you finished getting your books and placed them into your backpack. “I’m sorry about my friend.” Someone said behind you. You turned around to see a tall guy with slim features, pale skin, dark hair, and light brown eyes. Flower boy.

“Why can’t he let it go? It’s his fault anyway and he got into the class regardless.” You groaned. He only laughed at your frustrations. “Hey! You think it’s funny that this idiot goes around through my stuff?” you asked shocked that he was laughing.

He rubbed the back of his head as he messed up his dark brown hair and looked at you. “I’m sorry. It’s just I’ve never seen him act like that to a girl before.” You nodded and finished zipping up your backpack. “My name is Woo Kevin by the way. What’s yours?” he asked smiling. “Kwon ______.” You replied. He put his hand out for you to shake and you took it.

“Oh, and that idiots name is Kim Eli.” He said played along.

 “Now why would I want to know that? He’s so mean! I don’t care to know anything about him!” you said annoyed. He chuckled once more. He was so nice and friendly unlike his friend.

“Because I’m sure you’ll be seeing more of him around.” You looked at him dumbfounded. He then pointed at the partners list that the Professor had finally posted on his door before waving goodbye. The Professor even had a setting chart already assigned. You searched around the room franticly for the Professor. It looked like a permanent seating arrangement. How were you supposed to survive this seating arrangement?

“Professor Kim!” you shouted across the classroom. He looked up and noticed that you had just come from looking over at the list. “Kwon _____. I am not going to change the list. If I make an exception for you then I have to make one for all my students.” He sighed.

You looked at his face. It didn’t look like he was going to change his mind at all. You were stuck with Kim Eli as your partner for a whole semester.