February 14

collection:: The Ice and The Smiling Angel

a/n: i recomend you to read this first before read the story.
so there will be Jessica and Sooyeon and Tiffany and Miyoung,
both, will be  a different person, different life and different story.
so don't get confused when you read it, because i put both their
korean and american name into one story because
i cannot thinking of any pairing when i wrote this so i made
Jessica/Tiffany and Sooyeon/Miyoung.
then if it's okay with you, please do enjoy and i'll be glad to receive
comments. happy reading :)
and btw! Happy Valentines day ;)
 

***

 

 

February 14…

 

What actually would happen if there’s no February 14? Not the date but the said special day that always remained as the Valentine day. What if there’s no Valentine? Wouldn’t it will be just the same? Don’t we show each other’s love not only in Valentine day?

What so special with that day anyway? There’s not even a mark on the calendar if it’s not you who marked it, the government doesn’t even made it a national free day and all the chocolate’s factory will just keep on producing other than February 14.

 

So what made it different?

 

“Hi Sooyeon,”

The said girl smiled softly at the weak voice. Sooyeon take a hold of the pale hand that rested limply on the bed she sat on and placed it on her face. She looked at the black haired girl as she leaned forward to fix the other girl’s fringe. Sooyeon kissed the forehead.

“Why are you still here?”

Sooyeon exhale softly as she touches her forefinger on the other girl’s nose, the black haired one smiled by the touch.

“Do i need a reason to stay?” She asked calmly. “Go back to sleep, it’s still dark outside.”

A faint smile was the last thing Sooyeon see when the girl on the bed closed her eyes. She caressed the black hair, her fingers played with every strands of it.

If there’s no February 14, will everything that had happened to that day gone? If there’s no February 14, will she be okay or it will turns out worse?

Sooyeon looked at the desk calendar on the nightstand, it reads February 12. She took the calendar and rested it on her lap, her fingers caresses the thick material of the calendar. She placed her thumbs on the date she doesn’t like and started questioning herself again as she took a glace to the sleeping girl beside her.

“Will you be okay if there’s no February 14, Miyoung?”

***

 

“I’m not sure she likes tulips. Do you have pink roses instead? Yes please pink roses. Thank you, Seohyun.”

“Does she know about all this?”

Yuri sliced her blueberry cheesecake and feed the girl on her side, she lifted her eyebrows and grinned when Taeyeon hummed and clapped her hands at how delicious the cake was. The shorter girl patted her girlfriend’s shoulder.

“Of course not idiot. It won’t be a surprise if I told her,” Jessica put her phone on the kitchen table as she made her way towards Yuri. “How is the cake?”

“She should cook more when we got married.”

Jessica chuckled at Taeyeon’s word. The blonde haired girl back hugged Yuri when the taller girl turned around. Looking at Jessica who’s now made her way to the living room like it was her own place. She flicked the remote tv and started watch everything she doesn’t really interest with.

“It’s a good start you know, proposing.” Yuri said from the kitchen.

“I know.”

“She would be very happy I can imagine how her face looks like.” Taeyeon added as she giggled.

“I know.”

A smile crept on Jessica’s face as she can’t help but imagining her girlfriend’s face would looks like when she propose. Jessica already bought her the ring the other girl wants, Jessica already ordered the flowers the other girl would probably loved, Jessica even thinking to gave her a white fluffy puppy when the other girl accepted her latter. Everything was her on her mind, it was perfect and she was sure enough that her girlfriend would love it.

“So it would be two more days.”

“Yes,” Jessica grinned as she looked at her buddy’s faces. “February 14.”

Taeyeon released Yuri from her arms as she made her way towards Jessica. She sat there and looked at the younger girl in front of her. She held the hands and smile happily.

“Goodluck.”

 

So, February 14…

***

 

Sooyeon flipped the magazine page as she eats the grapes on the plate beside her on the couch. She took another grape and put in on , chewed it and swallowed it. The fruit has never been her favorite. She would choose mango or anything but grape? No she doesn’t really like it. Sooyeon said it reminds her of the smell of wine and since she hates everything with alcohol in it, she also hates grape because of wine.

She took a glace over the sleeping figure on the bed for once in a while before darted her attention back to the magazine on her lap. She moved her shoulder a little bit only to be greeted by a pain which made her closed her eyes for awhile. Sooyeon sighed and placed the magazine on the nightstand as she stood with a plate of grape on her other hand.

“And you said you don’t like grape.”

The voice was rasp and low but it was enough to draw a smile on Sooyeon’s face. She put the grape on the refrigerator and walked towards the bed. She sat at the edge of the white single mattress and kissed the pale hand.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning, Sooyeon.” The other girl closed her eyes when the warm lips met her forehead. “How’s school?”

“Hmm…” Sooyeon looked up to the ceiling pretend as if she was thinking how was at school yesterday. She looked down at Miyoung and shrugged.

“Well, Hyoyeon is as mad as always when Sooyoung snatch her lunchbox, Sungmin still look like a lost puppy when Sunny’s not around and I think your sister will never leave her eyes on me when I excuse myself to the bathroom,” Sooyeon heard the raspy laugh from the girl on the bed and she looked at her. “I was just wanted to pee, Miyoung-ah.”

“Yoona is a good girl,” Miyoung cupped her girlfriend’s face and she pulled Sooyeon for a kiss. “She doesn’t want another sister-in-law except you.”

Miyoung stared lovingly at Sooyeon when the other girl blushed. She fixed the blonde fringe on Sooyeon’s face and she touched their noses together. Miyoung smiled a little when Sooyeon frowned. The blonde haired girl knows where this would lead them.

“Sooyeon…”

“Not now Miyoung, please.”

“Sooyeon…”

“We’re agree we’re not gonna talk about this anymore.” Sooyeon darted away and looked out the window.

“But we have to. No matter how much it hurts, we have to.”

Sooyeon back still facing her, Miyoung heaved a long sighs. She shifted to a sitting position and she scooted closer to the older girl. She hugged the girl, nuzzled onto blonde hair that smells like tangerine. Miyoung loved how Sooyeon’s body reacted when she hugged her. It was like melted, secure by the warm hug Miyoung always do to the other girl. Sooyeon held the hands on her waist carefully, playing with the pale slender fingers.

“Don’t Leave me.” The voice was just a whisper ― a painful whisper ― but Miyoung’s arm that tightened around her waist was the answer that she heard it.

“I love you.”

***

 

What will happen to February 14 actually?

 

It’s just another day, or not.

 

Jessica is not a romantic person although she reads so many romantic novels and quotes. She is not really a sweet girlfriend but she sure do everything to someone she loves. She hates waking up early on weekends and she hates how her white BMW looks so dirty after her girlfriend borrow it for a day from her. But she looks fine with all of them. Well, she looks more than fine with it.

She never even once complained with all the ‘mess’ her girlfriend cause with her so called daily life. Her wake up early time is twelve fifty but now it’s six o’clock. She hates it when everything so noisy when she sleep but now when she heard voice of a baby crying at the middle of the night, she will woke up and stay awake for another three more hours even though she had a meeting the next day.

Well Jessica always asked all divorced people at how can they even planed to married in the first place but agreed to cut all relationship between them several years or months letter, but now, she thinks she knows that things called marriage is not as sweet as she thought it was.

And she never even have a thinking at why someone who divorced can easily forget the one they loved once and started dating other people like it was their first time. But now, she thinks every little thing in this world has a little tiny reason to show her rather than to answer her with words.

“Mommy!! Wake up! Wake up!”

Jessica peeled her eyes open when someone little jumping up and down her back like it was a trampoline. Jessica heard a crack and she opened her eyes completely, realizing what was actually happening.

“Oh my god Stephani, Mommy’s goona die if you keep on jumping on my back.”

The little girl giggled and crawl closer when Jessica lay on her back, she massage it and groaned when the little girl jumped onto her stomach and hugged her Mommy’s waist tightly.

“Good morning Mommy!” come the cheerful voice. “Mom said breakfast is ready,”

The little Stephani propped her chin with her hands and Jessica looked at her confusedly. The little girl played with the pattern on her PJ’s with little fingers.

“Your mom cook?”

Stephani giggled as she stood up and held Jessica’s hand with both of her hands, dragging her out of the bed and to the kitchen.

“Come on mommy, Steph is hungry!”

Jessica yawned widely when Stephani run to the kitchen where Tiffany feeding Stephani's younger sister Sulli on her lap. The four years old little girl stuck her hands when Jessica sat across them ― Stephani still tried so hard to sit on the chair that’s ten centimeters higher. The little girl refused the help Jessica offered her.

“Good morning.” Tiffany greeted pecking Jessica’s lips.

“Morning, Honey.”

The brunette haired girl took Sulli from Tiffany’s hand when the baby started to whined more if it’s not called as crying. She kissed Sulli’s cheek and the baby forgotten that she was crying. The girl clung onto Jessica’s neck while she looking down at Stepahie who decided to sat on the floor instead because of her failed attempt to sit on the chair beside Jessica.

“So… you cook?”

Tiffany eyed the girl in front of her with a confused look as if Jessica asked a weirdest question ever. She titled her head to one side.

“Well if cereals counted as cooking then yes, I cook.”

Jessica laughed to herself.

 

Of course

 

There is no way either of them became friendly with kitchen.

“I see.”

***

 

February 14…

 

Sooyeon sat uncomfortably, she keep on shifting and glancing to the operating room’s door. She take a look to her wrist watch, she still has 5 more hours to wait until the surgery finished. Miyoung’s parents was there, her mother was praying nonstop while her father stood right in front of the closed door ― biting his fingernails.

The frown on her face was visible, she can’t help it. She was afraid of losing, for not having Miyoung anymore. It was a year already and Sooyeon’s hope was a little faded when she knows what was actually happened with her girlfriend.

 

A cancer

 

Sooyeon doesn’t know what it calls. The science name of it already gives her headache. Miyoung told her to not worried, that she will made it if Sooyeon promise her that she will be always there for her no matter what, she will recover soon. Sooyeon is not a six year old kid anyway. She knows cancer, she knows how it worked, knows how fast it killed people.

A year is a long time and she was very happy that Miyoung can make it that far. She has the desire to heal, to live a normal life again, to graduate together with Sooyeon, to have their graduate picture hanging on her room so she can show everyone that it was her and Sooyeon that standing beside her when they graduate.

Sooyeon was a smart girl and Miyoung really proud of her.

 

 She really likes her.

 

“Just hang on for a little more Miyoung. You promise me.”

Sooyeon hand her hands clapped together as she closed her eyes.

 

She prays for her dearest.

***

 

“Flowers?”

“Check.”

“Dress?”

“Check.”

“Candles?”

“Check.”

“Champagne?”

“Check.”

“Ring?”

“Ring… Where’s the ring??”

Jessica dropped the paper and pen on her hand and with panic looking for the ring everywhere. Inside her jean’s pocket, inside her shirt pocket, her wallet, her bag, her shoes, her socks, Taeyeon jean’s pocket, Yuri’s mountain of dirty clothes, everywhere, she couldn’t find it.

There’s no way she would purpose to Tiffany without the ring, Tiffany would thinking that she is joking. If there’s no ring, there will be no proposal, if there’s no proposal, there will be no marriage, if there’s no marriage, Tiffany would thinking that she was not serious with the relationship and will leave her. No. Jessica doesn’t want that.

“Where the hell is the―”

“Your finger.” Taeyeon crossed her arms as she watched Jessica panicking.

“No! The ring is for Tiffany, to put on Tiffany’s finger! Not mine!”

“The ring is on your finger, stupid.”

Jessica stops from looking for the ring on the mountain of Yuri’s dirty clothes. She looked at her middle finger and found the silver white ring with a little diamond on the top circled her finger sweetly. The little diamond shone slightly when she raised her hand up to take a look at it. A relieve smile crept on her face.

“There you are.”

“So her finger just the same as yours.”

It was more to a statement than to a question but Jessica speak when Taeyeon walked to the kitchen, checking on the cake.

 

Her thin lips curved upwards.

 

“Yea… it fits perfectly.”

***

 

“Miyoung’s parents?”

Sooyeon snapped her head up when she heard the doctor’s voice. She stood up immediately with Yoona by her side. Both look as tense as Miyoung’s parents when the doctor opened his mouth to speak. No, they couldn’t hear anything. The doctor speaks to soft for them to hear. Sooyeon’s body was stiff and her palms started to get wet by the nervousness. She gulped.

The doctor patted Mr. Hwang’s shoulder as he left them and they walked to where Sooyeon and Yoona standing. Mr. Hwang put his hands on Sooyeon’s shoulder when Mrs. Hwang cried on Tiffany’s sister’s shoulder. sooyeon gulped hard, waiting for Mr. Hwang to speak.

“H-How is she?”

“Sooyeon, you know we always thanked you for everything you did to help Miyoung,” He paused, a weak smile on his face. “You know she really likes you and you also know that you meant everything to her. Thank you for always being with her, Sooyeon. We know you’re the only one who can courage her to fight with the cancer,” the man sighed as he hugged Sooyeon. “Don’t ever leave her and stay by her side. She needs you when she did recovery latter.”

Sooyeon closed her eyes as tears going down her face. She hugged her man back and soaked the brown coat he wore. A pat on her head and Sooyeon knew everything was alright,

 

She was alright.

 

“Thank god.”

***

 

Jessica was clad in a pastel dress with white ribbon on the waist that night. The silk fabric hugged her body just perfectly and made her even more gorgeous than she already was. Tiffany had hung open and her eyes locked to the beautiful creature in front of her when Jessica stepped out from the car to pick her up at the lobby. She can’t believe herself that the breathtaking gorgeous girl in front of her was actually Jessica.

 

Her Jessica

 

“You’re so beautiful.”

Was not the thing Tiffany said but Jessica. Tiffany only clad in a black mini dress without doing anything with her hair and Jessica said she is beautiful. Tiffany thinks she was the only one that should say that instead her girlfriend.

“Wow you’re the most breathtaking tonight, Baby.” She said after Jessica kissed her cheek. The other girl chuckled.

“Shall we go now?”

“Sure.”

She grabbed Jessica’s arm and walked side by side with all people eyes lock to the two most beautiful girls.

***

 

A hand on her head with the fingers playing with her hairs was the first thing that woke Sooyeon up. The blonde girl opened her eyes slowly as she looked at the blur image that smiling at her. She rubbed her eyes to get a better vision and saw Miyoung smiling at her with her eyes. The black haired girl grinned at her.

“Hi sleepy head.”

The voice was not as rasp as before although it was still a little bit weak. But Sooyeon couldn’t be happier than this when she hinted the glint behind those pretty orbs Miyoung doesn’t had for the past one year. Sooyeon’s eyes beaming with teas.

“Aww why are you crying?”

Miyoung pulled the girl into an embrace and Sooyeon cried more on her shoulder. The black haired girl chuckled as she patted the blonde’s head.

“See? I’m here. I’m not leaving you.” She said, her voice was so soft until it sends warm down Sooyeon’s heart. “Don’t cry. I need my strong pillar to help me going through rough way.”

She patted the head once more before Sooyeon pulled away wiping her tears. The blonde girl still had that pouts on her face when her hands busily wiping the remaining tears. Miyoung laughed at the cute view and pulled Sooyeon closer by her chin. Kiss her deeply before pulled away.

“I’m here, Sooyeon. I made it.” was the last thing the black haired girl can utter when she herself break down to tears.

Sooyeon pulled her closer to her heart as if telling her she was there for her, she was there to be her pillar to keep her stood straight no matter how hard her life’s is. Sooyeon kissed the head and she buried her face into black hair. The smell of strawberry was still there and she smiled.

 

 

That night, she knows Miyoung would be there forever with her.

***

 

Jessica watched as Tiffany finished her last bite of tenderloin and she started to get nervous. Jessica had prepared the place for about five days and the fact that it was so quiet was the thing that made her more nervous. She does like quiet, but at the time like this the answer will be No.

Tiffany put the napkin on the table after she wiped and now looking at Jessica smiling with her eyes. She loved Tiffany’s eyes but right now it only made her more and more nervous. Tiffany cleared and stare right into Jessica’s eyes. The other girl shift uncomfortably.

“This was really romantic.” She said.

“I know right.”

“You planned all this?”

“W-Well―”

“I thought you hate romantic things. So what is this all about? You’re going to propose me?”

That was really only a joke Tiffany said there, the red head girl even laughed after it but Jessica’s body became all tense. Her heart stopped for a second and her palm get sweaty. She wiped it on her dress. Jessica scratched her neck awkwardly.

“Uh… T-Tiff?”

“Hmm?”

“Uh forget it.”

Tiffany shrugged and she took her wallet. She stood up and fixed her dress before she look at Jessica with eyebrows lifted up.

“Where are you going?” She asked nervously.

“Home? I don’t think Taeyeon and Yuri can handle the kids.”

“H-Huh?”

Jessica’s brain was working so hard to deliver what was happening. If Tiffany going home now and she doesn’t propose her yet, that means all of this were just a waste and she will be a person with a pain in the after that. She wetted her lips.

“B-but―”

“We’re done aren’t we?”

“W-Well yes. I mean no. I mean yes. The dinner is done but―”

Jessica looked up to Tiffany and the red head have that questioning look on her face. There’s no way she failed to propose to this girl. So she stood up and held her girlfriend’s hands. Jessica heaved a long exhale.

 

This is now or never.

 

“Jess?”

She looked straight to Tiffany’s eyes. Jessica’s face became red just by thinking of proposing to her. Tiffany’s confused look was so cute and it doesn’t help when she feels like kissing her here and there.

“Firstly, Happy 14 date for the 108 times, Tiff.” She kissed the girl’s head and thinking at what she have to say next when Tiffany blush when Jessica’s not looking.

“Thank you.”

There was silent for awhile since Jessica was a slow thinker and she couldn’t think with Tiffany’s eyes bored into her soul. It makes her hard to concentrate. Jessica bit her lip and she exhale for the umpteenth time tonight. She smiled a little.

“We’ve been together for three years already, time flies so fast,” She fixed Tiffany’s hair before she continued. “We’re both almost hit thirty and I think staying in the same roof with only a label as ‘girlfriends’ is really sounds like a teenager, doesn’t it?”

Tiffany only looked at her. Doesn’t really understand what her girlfriend was saying. So Jessica continued as she took out something from her wallet. Tiffany’s eyes followed the hands with the silver metal box on Jessica’s hand as the other girl played with it. She darted her eyes to the girl in front of her again when she spoke just to see the sincere in her brown eyes.

“I’ve been falling in love with you since I met you in the hospital that night. You may look so miserable but I landed my eyes on you when you were crying. You may not the one I dreamt of but when you smiled to me that night with your wet swollen face, I never thinking again about how my ideal girl must have look like

“I don’t like loud and I don’t like morning that much, but you’re really loud in the morning. I hate kids, but you have the most wonderful child like Stephani and Sulli and you brought them to my place. I got headache when it comes to pink but you made the room all pink. And I hate romantic things, but you indeed made me do it to propose you,” Jessica opened the silver box in front of the red head. Tiffany covered with her hands.

“I might be really lazy and demanding and annoying, but if you want me to do the laundry or the dishes even though I can’t cook or the cleaning or take the kids to school or made a bottle of milk for at night, I will be glad to do it, so you can just continue to sleep and gain as much weight as you want, I wouldn’t complain. As long as you’re with me I’ll be doing just great. So, Tiffany Hwang, Marry me?”

All Jessica got was a deep kiss on her lips with the taste of Tiffany’s salty tears. She smiled on the kiss as she pulled the red head closer to her heart. They pulled away softly and Jessica waited for Tiffany’s answer. The other girl smiled widely as she nodded.

“I was waiting for you to say this to me,” she laughed between her sobs. “Yes Jessica. Yes I’ll definitely marry you.”

Jessica put the ring onto Tiffany’s finger with the red head’s promise to never ever take it out from her finger. She failed once on her previous marriage, and she promised herself to make things with Jessica works. She wants to live with Jessica, she wants to grow old with Jessica and she wants to watch Stephani and Sulli married and live happily, along, together with Jessica.

“I love you.” She said.

Jessica kissed her lips once more.

“Don’t you want puppy? The fully one?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

a/n: so how is it?
did you guys get confused? ._.
share your thoughts?
comments are allowed you know.