Mamihlapinatapai

collection:: The Ice and The Smiling Angel

A/n: Oh hey there! Yes it's me popped out from nowhere after a very loooong looong time and yes, this will still be a jeti fic because you know why lol. I'm not back to writing fic this just happen because i have this huge urge to write one and i dont know if this is good enough for a beginning  of another-going-to-be-in-a-hiatus-again kinda comeback. But this is very short and I wrote it on my phone so sorry I can't promise you anything. And yep, still no beta. But i kinda enjoy writing this and i hope you do too when you read it. 

Mamihlapinatapai means the wordless yet meaningful look shared by two people who desired to initiate something but are both reluctant to start.

In which i kinda ruined its actual meaning for this fic lol! Anw, enjoy! And hey, sorry that this is so short.

P.s: read slowly.

--------

 

 

"Are you still there?"

"Yes." You said.

The darkness in your room and the brightness of your phone screen makes your eyes hurt and the heaviness of your head multiplied by hundreds. You are very tired, work kept you away from your sleep for almost two days but you can't just sleep once you touched your bed because you need to hear her voice and see the girl's face on the other line.

You missed her, and you will always be.

"Sleep." She said, smiling that one smile that makes your heart feels warm. You touched your phone screen hoping so much she wasn't that busy, that you can touched her face instead of the cold screen of your phone.

"How long until we can meet?" You asked, voice heavy with sleep.

"Five days, just five more days."

"Five days until i can sleep."

"Babe..." A sighs. "I'm sorry my job makes us like this."

You shake your head. "Even if you don't work as much I would still be craving for you."

•••


Five days later you got a text from her saying that she got to go to paris for a fashion week. It's another seven days schedule which meaning way too long time to meet her again. You sighs, you came back to the country because you want to meet her, not because your job. Now that you are here, her job is the one keeping you away from her. You can't wait that long, you postponed one meeting with your share holders only to come here and crushed by her packed schedules. You don't have another seven days. You texted her back, telling her you have to be  back to the states next week. It instantly smashed your mood, you threw away your coffee you just bought and slammed the car door's closed.

"Hey..." She said tentatively when you picked up the phone. You didn't answer but you can imagined her biting the inside of her cheek waiting for your answer. "I'm sorry... I didn't see this coming..."

You sighs, heavy with disappointment. "It's okay, i guess. Except, i come all the way here for you."

"I thought you have work to do too?"

"Only for two days. I told you about it."

"Sorry....." Silence. "I'll make it up to you."

"Yeah? Like you have the time."

"Jessi--"

"It's okay, I understand. I guess i just need to go back to the states tomorrow."

She didn't answer but you can hear her breathing on the other line. You Know you were being so bitter and upset but you can't help it.

"I'm sorry..." She said after a long moment.

"Stop saying that."

"Can't you wait until next week?"

"And doing what? Hang out with your friends??"

"They are your friends too."

"Were, Tiff. They were my friends."

"Jessi!"

"What?? You don't even tell them that we are still together! Not even one of them. I don't even know if I still existed in their eyes."

"Jessica!"

"You know what? Nevermind, I'll go back today."

"What but--"

You disconnect the line and went straight to the airport, having your assistants to bring all your stuffs from the hotel and book a flight. You turned off your phone the entire day so you don't have to deal with her while you're still so upset. When the clock hits eight in the evening, you enter the airplane, falls asleep once the plane took off. It is going to be a long flight.

•••


"Thank you gentlemen for your time and once again, I'm sorry for the delay of this meeting. This will not happen for the second time. Have a great day ahead."

The upper button of your shirt feels too tight and your high heels hurt your feet. Your assistant asking if you're alright for the third time and you said it's your nervous system. The truth is, you are so itchy to call Tiffany back and answers all her texts. Buy you are still upset, disappointed mostly. It's been three days and you're afraid she will break up with you.

"I'll go home and rest, if anything happens, call me immediately."

"Understood, ma'am."

 

You pushed the button of the elevator, your handbag feels so heavy on your arm you have to put it on the floor once you're inside. You took it again when you walked through the hallway looking for your card key. Put it inside, you opened the door and leaned in on the wall, heaving a tired sighs while getting off of your uncomfortable high heels. 

You flicked on the lights and walked to the sofa and stopped when you saw she lay there peacefully sleeping, on your favorite pajama, holding her phone on her hands that's on her chest. You crunched down slowly, swiped her hair away from her face. Your heart jumped when you touch smooth skin, almost forgot how it feels like. You almost smile when you see her swollen eyes.

"You've been crying....."

You didn't mean to saying it out loud but when she stirs and opened her eyes your breath caught, face hardened, slowly moving away from her waking figure; not because you don't want her here nor because you still mad at her, it's just that you don't know what to do now that you see her in flesh, that she is here, that you finally meet her.

"Hi..." She said groggily. Looking more nervous than how you think you are. 

She holds her hands down on her lap, as if she doesn't want it to move by itself and reached out to you. She scratched her eyes, pushing away the remaining blurry vision from her sleeping. Your face feels hot and you hold back from throwing yourself at her, hugging her, stealing her breath away from her lungs.

She was the one who move closer to you first and you become all tense, rigid, you couldn't move a muscle. She looks at your hand and then bite her lips. Getting closer, she touched your face nervously and then when skin met skin, your face flushed. Her hand is so warm and softer than how you remembered and you leaned to the touch.

"You have to pick up my call next time." She said softly. And you can't stop looking at her moist lips.

"Why?" You ask, only to bit your own when hers move.

 

"Because i like you so much it drive me insane."