(req) Things Were Too Much [part 2]

collection:: The Ice and The Smiling Angel

PART II

 

 

Tiffany eyed the girl that holding her hand quizzically. She doesn’t realize she made a funny face.

“You know me?”

Jessica almost choked on her own saliva by the stupidest question the other girl asked. She lifted her eyebrows as she scoffed. Tiffany is a real dumb or something? Maybe it was the left hand, Jessica thinks.

“Seriously? Tiffany Hwang, paints very good in class, Jiyeon’s crush, the leather jacket, see? You’re wearing it just now. Don’t you know how famous you are?”

The look on Jessica’s face somehow made Tiffany thinks. Why I became famous with the leather jacket I barely washed.

Tiffany shook her head. “Jiyeon’s what?”

“Jiyeon’s crush.”

Jessica said as she started to walk. Tiffany followed right beside her, her eyes still on Jessica. She has no idea what was Jessica was saying. Or it was just her that barely pay attention to everything’s going on around her.

“She was kinda down when you refused her party invitation you know.”

“Really? I didn’t mean to.”

Jessica nods as she chuckled. “Yeah I know. Jiyeon was young. I mean the way she thinking. I bet she’ll beamed like a mad maniac if I tell her you just safe me from those thugs.” Jessica puckered her nose when she remembers how stinks the thug’s hand was.

“You should be careful next time. Those thugs won’t leave you alone when they met you again.”

“Yea? And how about you?”

Tiffany shrugged as an arrogant smile plastered on her face.

“I can always beat them.”

Jessica has to roll her eyes at this.

“By the way, it looks like you walked me home,” Jessica giggled. “Thanks.”

Tiffany looked at behind her before she stood beside Jessica. The other girl smiled a little which made Jessica blushed by that little precious view she barely seen. This girl in front of her was the coolest and her smiling doesn’t help anyone to survive.

Jessica looks away immediately before she looked at Tiffany’s left hand. That doesn’t make any significant movement other than slightly swinging when Tiffany walks. Jessica bit her lips as she looked at it worriedly.

“Is that okay?”

Tiffany looked down to her left hand and she nodded.

“I think it’s fine.”

The brunette shifted her gaze to the owner of the hand. Really? After receiving a very hard hit by a beer bottle she said her left hand is fine? She remember how the bottled creaked when it made hard contacted with the girl’s hand.

“Who are you kidding.”

And with that Jessica slapped Tiffany left hand. Just with a little swung of her hand, Tiffany screams. The other girl looks like ready to eat anyone and swallowed them without chewing first.

“THE HECK WAS THAT FOR!?”

“You said it is fine.” Jessica shrugged.

“Just because I said it’s fine you can’t slap me with so much force like that! THAT’S HURT LIKE HELL!” Tiffany groaned.

“I don’t even put any effort.”

“That’s still hurt!! What’s on your mind!?”

“To make sure it’s fine?”

Just if eyes can kill, maybe Jessica already dead just now by the hated glare Tiffany gave her. But the other girl bare pay attention to the winching girl’s eyes.

“I Shouldn’t help you!”

“Oh you regret it now?”

“O yeah I am. I should just let those thugs play with you!”

“I don’t really need your help either!”

“Say’s the one who almost got rob.”

“I seriously about to kick them!!”

“Yeah.”

“I hate you.”

“So do I.”

“You smell like cucumber and I hate cucumber.”

“Cucumber smells nice. You look like a mantis and I hate bugs.”

Jessica face palmed for a few seconds before she burst into laughter.

“Seriously? You hate bugs? You’re bigger than bugs! They should be the one hating you.”

“Shut up.”

Tiffany frowned as she looked at the rolling-on-the-floor Jessica. The girl has her hands clutching her stomach, tears barely escaping her eyes. Tiffany wants to kick Jessica out from the earth.

“I know right.” Tiffany mumbled. “And you hate cucumber.”

Jessica stood straight on her feet finally stopping from the laughter. She wiped the corner of her eyes as she looked at Tiffany. Series of chuckled still escaped .

“Just let me take care of you hand. That became like that because of me.”

“I said it’s fine.”

Jessica lifted one of her eyebrow and Tiffany cringed. Just in care Jessica planned to slapped her left hand again. She gulped.

“Fine.” The girl said.

“Good.” Jessica smiles. “Since it’s… super late already, and since you’re a girl and I don’t want you got into a fight with another thugs, I insist you sleep at my place tonight.”

***

 

Yoona and Yuri exchange glances. Both look rather confused. Tiffany sleeps on the couch of their shared condo? Was Tiffany became high last night and make a wrong turn to their place? What was happening really. They barely talked to one another and now they found this sleeping flesh in their condo?

“Maybe the couch was hers.” Yoona mumbled, her eyes fixed on Tiffany that sleeping soundly on the brown couch.

Yuri nodded. “It was secondhand.”

“I know.” They both nodded.

No one speaks within seconds. The two girls busy thinking the reason to why Tiffany sleeping on their couch. They are not got any new roommate yet, and Tiffany snores doesn’t helped their curiosity.

“What she is doing again?” That was Yuri sounds too stupid for Yoona liking. But the younger girl doesn’t spare a glace to her lover.

“Sleeping.”

“Sleeping.” Yuri repeated to herself as she nodded.

They watched more, stared more until Tiffany stirred and shifted on her sleeps and slowly opened her eyes. She blinks for several times and

“AH!!!”

Yoona and Yuri jumped backwards hugging each other in shocked. Tiffany managed to sit before she stood up but her frantic movement sends her walking backwards to the couch and stumbled onto it. Her on the edge of the couch’s back rest and her eyes widen.

Slowly but surely, the couch fell onto the floor along with Tiffany.

Yuri was far too late when she reached out her hands.

Yoona closed her eyes when she heard the loud thud.

“That hurt.”

The next thing Tiffany knows was another room door opened and slammed shut and she heard Jessica panic sleepy voice throughout the small condo.

“Oh my god!! Are you okay??”

Jessica helped Tiffany stands on her feet and rubbed the back of her head. Tiffany swears she saw stars and birds flying over her head. She feels like puking.

Another hands helped her standing up and a soft thud was heard again when Yuri pulled up the fallen couch. Jessica helped the other girl sitting down on it when both Yoona and Yuri sends her series of apologizes.

***

 

That afternoon they just got back from the hospital to check on Tiffany’s left hand. The girl now had bandage around her wounded hand and she can barely holding on to something properly. Jessica has to help her with everything.

Jessica pulled out the x-ray result from the white envelope along with some documents that showed how bad it is. Jessica pouted when she eyed the other girl. Since the doctor said that Tiffany got a fractured bone, the girl hasn’t speaks a single word until now. Tiffany was quiet but now she was even more than before.

Jessica however felt totally guilty. If Tiffany wasn’t there to help her that night the girl wouldn’t has this fractured bone and could go on her life without any problem. But the reality shows her otherwise. Jessica folded her arms on the table of the café they choose to kill the time.

“I’m sorry.” Jessica said frowning.

Tiffany looked at her for awhile. “It’s okay. That’s not your fault.”

“Is it hurt?”

“Right now?” Tiffany titled her head. “A little bit?”

Jessica doesn’t sure herself either Tiffany says the truth or not. Her sister once got a fractured bone and she barely sleeping at night because even she wasn’t moving at all the pain was the one thing that kills. She brushed it off. Maybe Tiffany didn’t want to put all blame on Jessica.

“But look at the bright sight!” Jessica beamed got Tiffany’s attention. The other girl straightened her sit and looking at Jessica questioningly.

“It’s your left hand after all!”

Tiffany face palmed. The view of this stupid grinning Jessica in front of her really gets on her nerves. Tiffany leaned closer to the other girl as she spoke.

“I am left handed.”

Jessica’s balloon of happiness popped. She eyed Tiffany, lost of words. Jessica gulped when Tiffany’s boring eyes glued on her.

“I- I’ll take a good care of you… then.”

Tiffany exhale tiredly. “Thanks but no thanks.”

“You’re left handed! And your left hand can do nothing!”

“I―”

“Just shut up, Tiffany. I’m just gonna be your left hand for a moment, just when we’re together. Only at the university I promise. That’s my fault after all.”

“That was an accident, Jessica. Stop blaming yourself. And I still have my right hand anyway.”

“I, Tiffany Hwang, I insist.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes and huffed. This girl is as stubborn as ever and it seems like Tiffany has nothing to do when it comes to argument. This girl is bossy and tiffany hates how she always loses.

“Whatever.”

***

 

The next day was another story. Yuri chocked on her ma juice and Yoona had to not spit on her soft drink when they saw both Tiffany and Jessica coming together to the campus. The couple watched them as they sit side by side at the cafeteria. Yuri and Yoona bit their lips from asking questions.

There at the cafeteria, eyes were looking at Jessica and Tiffany. Some of them judging some other just stared out of curiosity. None of the two girls bother to felt uncomfortable, but the other two girls do. Yoona and Yuri looked around. Yuri scratched her head when Yoona rise her eyebrows telling the not to staring. Doesn’t work.

“Hey― wow! Hello there Tiffany! That’s a surprise. What’s bring you here?”

All of students at the cafeteria had to thank Sooyoung to voice out their questions. What does Tiffany did there? Tiffany might be the coolest but seeing her socializing with other students? That’s another deal to make.

“Oh hi Soo!” Jessica greeted the taller girl brightly. “That’s her hand by the way. She can’t do much with her right hand so I decided to help her.”

“Really?”

Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona titled their heads to Tiffany’s left hand and Jessica continued to telling them story about that night, about the thugs and about how Tiffany safe her. Really, Tiffany thinks that was no need to tell them everything with so much detail but she didn’t protest ― too lazy to get involved to another argument.

***

 

“Let me help you with that.”

Jessica pulled out Tiffany’s sketch book from her duffle bag and put it on the table after she grabbed the other girl’s pencil. Tiffany eyed the girl carefully when Jessica wasn’t looking and look away immediately when the brown haired girl looked up at her.

Tiffany nods and opened her sketch book at the empty page from the almost last page. She grabbed her pencil but soon sighs when she realized how useless her right hand was when it comes to drawing. She huffed in annoyance and dropped the pencil onto the table with a clank.

Jessica pouted a little bit when she look at her now chair mate. She really is having trouble with everything doesn’t she? Jessica folded her arms on the table, feeling all guilty.

“I can draw for you.”

Tiffany looked at her with a rise of eyebrow.

“Drawing is my passion. And I won’t let you do my work.”

“What? You think drawing is not my passion?”

“You got C minus for your last sketch.”

“H-how do you know that??”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Mrs. Jang announced it.”

“She did!? What― when?? How― Why I didn’t know that??”

Tiffany sighed in boredom. It was two weeks ago when Tiffany saw her running away from the building and to the parking lot with Yuri before they dashed out and left the study behind. What drawing passion with ditching class?

“I told you I’m gonna be your left hand until it healed. This one is your favorite subject I heard from everyone. So helping you doing a work which I also can is not a big problem.” Jessica said again, now with a scratch on her head.

“Thanks but no thanks.” Tiffany said again as she leaned back on her chair.

Jessica was about to question again but Tiffany’s mumble get her all attention.

“You draw like a kindergarten kid.”

“Excuse me!?”

“It’s true.” Tiffany shrugged.

“I was just trying to help!”

Jessica stomped her feet, her face became red either from ashamed or angry. Did her drawing really that bad? The last thing she drew was an elephant. Mrs. Jang wants her to draw an animal and she decided to draw an elephant; big circle for the body, smaller one for the head, two little circles for the ear, one long oval for the snout and little ovals for the feet.

It didn’t look that bad. Right?

“I told you it’s okay for not helping with the task.”

“But there’s not need to mock my work like that you jerk!”

“What did you just call me?”

“Jerk! Tiffajerk you are!”

“I was helping you with the thugs and now you call me jerk!? Wow Jessica Jung, just wow.”

“And I was trying to help but you mock my drawing! I hate you!”

“Hate you too.”

Jessica gritted her teeth as she eyed Tiffany angrily. The other girl looked at her with all cool and a lifted of an eyebrow. Jessica was like being burn on hell fire when she look at that face longer and she, with a fast movement, lifted her hand and smacked Tiffany’s left hand with full force.

Tiffany gasped and closed her eyes and holding on her left hand as she bend down hugging her hand and working so hard to prevent her tears to not flowing down. She bit her lip until it looks pale in between her teeth. Jessica however, looks more than satisfied when she turned away from the view and crossed her legs as she continue drawing on her book.

Mrs. Jang looked up from her seat and to Tiffany.

“Tiffany, are you sipping on drug?”

***

 

Jessica ignores her all day long after that; she doesn’t even helping the brown haired girl to put her books to her bag. At this rate, Tiffany felt guilty because she somehow realized how mad Jessica had become when she about her drawing. Plus, the smacked on her hand was more powerful than the first time Jessica did it that night.

Tiffany sighed as she keeps on tailing Jessica but the other girl doesn’t even spare a glance at her. Sooyoung looked over her shoulder worriedly, a frown on Tiffany’s face when she looks down to her feet.

“What exactly did you do to her? She looks like a lost puppy. Cute sight though but it was just unusual.”

Jessica looked back slightly when Tiffany lifted her head. Sooyoung doesn’t sure herself either Jessica doing that only to flip her hair or checking on Tiffany.

“Do nothing.” The girl said.

“Thought you’re becoming her left hand?”

“I was before she teased about my elephant drawing.”

Sooyoung lifted her eyebrows as she muffled a laugh.

“Oh so I’m not the only one who thought it was real bad, didn’t I?”

The tall her gives Jessica’s shoulder a pat before she grinned and nodded her head towards Tiffany who still tailing them. She stops for a little while as she speaks. The girl with leather jacket also stops and watched them with innocent eyes.

“Aren’t you still guilty for her hand?”

Jessica keeps her mum.

“Don’t be silly, Sica. Even your sister knows how awful your elephant was. C minus was more than enough for it.”

Jessica sends her glare but the taller girl laugh it off.

Was it really that bad?

“Act like your age. You’re not Jiyeon.”

With another pats on Jessica’s shoulder, Sooyoung walks away and left the two stubborn girls on the hallway. Jessica watched until her friend go in to her next class before she turned around facing Tiffany. The brown haired cool girl stood there with so much trouble on her face. Tiffany held her bag strap tightly, looking away from Jessica’s cold gaze.

How come this girl in front of her affected her like this?

Tiffany bit her lip.

“I’m sorry. Y-your elephant drawing wasn’t that… bad.”

“Really?”

Tiffany nodded.

“You’re a bad liar do you know that?” She said again.

The girl huffed irritatingly and she looked up to Jessica. The other girl’s hands were crossing on her chest, the hair that was tied into a messy bun now cascaded Jessica’s arrogant face in such a y and breathtaking way. Tiffany gulped hard at the view as she cannot take her eyes from the other girl and now she really thinks that Jessica’s elephant drawing looks really wonderful that Mrs. Jang should’ve scored it A plus.

“So you don’t know that you’re a bad liar?”

Tiffany snapped aback by the voice and she soon gathered herself when she looked questioningly at Jessica.

“Huh?”

“Look, I know I am that stunning and I don’t know what’s going on with you. Well, maybe you missed me after I ignore you all day long but, please, your face is like a total moron, though that was priceless I still hate it when someone didn’t answer my question.”

“Oh um… I uh… I’m sorry? Then?”

Jessica wants to keep on ignoring this Tiffany Hwang in front of her but the said girl was just really hard to not get all her attention. So Jessica chuckled at her as she walks closer to the other girl. She combed her messy brunette hair with her hand.

“Just let me help you, okay? I promise I wouldn’t draw elephant anymore, that was really after all.”

Looking at Jessica when the other girl smile made Tiffany smiled in relieved at her without she even noticed it. Jessica liked the view and she can’t help but cling onto Tiffany’s right arm.

“Okay.”

“And Tiffany,” She titled her head. “I like it when you smile.”

***

 

“Did you see Tiffany?”

“She said she wants to borrow some books, maybe library?”

Jessica smiled slightly to Yuri before she dashed out from the cafeteria and to the library. She doesn’t even bother to turn around when Yoona asked her for having lunch and she missed how Jiyeon lifted her eyebrows when Jessica asks them about Tiffany’s whereabouts.

Someone has to explain everything to that innocent one.

When she opened the library wooden door, she wandered her eyes everywhere and found a glimpse of Tiffany behind a rack of drawing book. Jessica smiles and she jogged to the direction.

“You were not telling me you need something here.”

Tiffany jumped a little by Jessica’s voice that suddenly appear from nowhere in the middle of silent. She then watched as the other girl reach for an old book Tiffany tried to pull out. Jessica handed the book with a sweet smile.

“T-thanks. Well, yeah I feel like reading this book again. They got the greatest tutorial ever, you should read this.”

“Is it because my elephant drawing?”

“No! no no it’s not that.”

Jessica chuckled when she sees Tiffany frowning. Maybe the girl still had guilty feeling about how mad Jessica became because of her couple days ago. She watches when Tiffany turned around again and looking for another book on the shelf. This time, the other girl clumsily reached for the book and pulled it out which almost made some books to fell.

Noticing how troubled Tiffany became, Jessica reached out for the book again and held it on her grip and she took the other book from Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany smiles as she eyed Jessica softly.

“Thanks.”

Looking down at her wrist watch, Jessica frowned as she sighs. Tiffany titled her head as she looked at the other girl. Jessica looked up at her and shrugged.

“Looks like I just missed my class.”

“Oh… Sorry?”

Jessica shook her head before she walked past the brown head. Tiffany followed behind and stops in front of the librarian desk. The boy behind the desk stood up and took a pencil and a note from under the table.

“These all you need?”

Tiffany looked over to Jessica who’s looking at her back before she shifted her glance to the librarian and nodded. It takes less than two minutes for the librarian boy to scribe on his note and handed them the book. Right before Tiffany could reach for the books, Jessica took it first with one hand, holds it on her embrace and grabbed Tiffany’s right hand with the other.

“Let’s go.” She said as she smiled.

Tiffany gulped.

She never leaves Jessica’s back from her sight until the brunette girl lets go of her hand and sit down on her cafeteria’s usual table. Tiffany shook her head without Jessica noticing and sits down beside the girl. She exhaled heavily. Grabbing on her book with her right hand and she put her wounded one beside it carefully.

“Still hurt?” Jessica asks with a pout on her lips.

Tiffany tried to not looking to the other girl and keeps her cool. She nodded her head.

“Doctor said it gonna takes a while.” Jessica patted Tiffany’s shoulder lightly. “So, anything to eat? Wait, you won’t have class until one fifteen right?”

Tiffany nodded. “I’m craving for fried rice since this morning. Could you… please…?”

“Sure.”

Jessica chuckled as she stood up and walks to the food stands. Tiffany watched the figure when she talks, when she pointed her fingers to the board menu, when she nodded her head and smiled to the cashier or even when she scratch her temple, Tiffany noticed it. The brown haired girl lowered her head and peek to her bag. She tucked her hand into it and got a hold of her sketch book. When she about to pulls it out, Jessica’s voice and a tray full of foods come into her sight. She put it back down on her bag.

“Smells so good~” Jessica chirped.

The girl dragged the tray closer to her without even handed Tiffany her fried rice.

“You gonna eat it yourself? You’re that hungry?”

Jessica shrugged without looking at her. She takes Tiffany’s fried rice and started to spoon it.

“You think so?”

Tiffany eyed the spoon when Jessica scooped it.

“That’s my―”

Before she even finished her speak, a mouthful of steamy delicious fried rice come in front of her face. Tiffany looking at the other girl, Jessica had her eyebrows lifted.

“Is this necessary?”

“This is a must for a handicapped person. Now open your mouth and eat it.”

Tiffany was hesitant for a moment, she was thinking about Jessica’s prank. The girl is somehow did things stupid just for her own fad and Tiffany can’t help but having that thought on her mind. But when she looks more to Jessica’s eyes, the girl was far for doing something like that.

Jessica nodded her head to Tiffany and groggily, Tiffany opened and the fried rice soon dancing with her taste bud. She lowered her head, the heat on her face increasing like mad. Tiffany wondered how come her face became so warm like this and why she felt butterflies flying on her stomach.

She swallowed the food on and she looks up to where Jessica’s eyes been looking at her. Tiffany doesn’t sure herself either it’s because the friend rice or the look on Jessica’s eyes were different at this moment. She opened again and Jessica feed her the second mouthful. The other girl smiled at her and the feeling of butterflies comes again. Now Tiffany has to turn around and looks everywhere to hide her flushing face from Jessica.

“Taste good?” Jessica asks. Tiffany only nodded.

“Can I have a taste? It looks delicious.”

Tiffany nodded again and when she swallowed the food on , she turned around to Jessica. Tiffany keeps her gaze on the other girl when she scooped on the fried rice and put it on . Tiffany’s eyes never left the spoon when it going in and then out Jessica’s mouth.

That’s the same spoon Jessica use to feed Tiffany.

Some people says that if we use the same thing that we use for our mouth, either it’s drinking from the same bottle or glass, from the same lollipop or eating with the same spoon of fork, that means the persons just had indirect kiss.

 

So Tiffany was thinking; Did we just kissed?

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

a/n: so... how is it? i seriously dont know how to write romance or fluffy or.... things so sweet and this is what i got after some hours of typing and imagining things lol. haven't write a single word for part 3 and... idk if this gonna have 3 parts or more. but please look forward to it :) share your thoughts, yes? i like reading comments kk~

p.s: so... Bluepinkz! how is it? :DD