(req) Things Were Too Much [part 1]

collection:: The Ice and The Smiling Angel

Things Were Too Much
Jessica/Tiffany
Request by Bluepinkz

 

 

Several years ago…
Seoul, South Korea.


Panting, a girl around 17 years old leaned her back to the damp mildew wall behind her. Her head hung low and her eyes shut tight and warm breath coming from as she breathed out tiredly. The hallway she was in was completely dark, if her dad didn’t train her maybe her enemy would already have her head hanging on the wall. The girl opened one of her eye and looked at her left side. She cannot see anything but darkness. She swallowed her saliva and she straightened her body.

She walks slowly but she thinks she doesn’t have much time left so she chose to run. The darkness can’t beat her ― not now. The hallway was empty until she heard another footsteps coming closer from behind her. Instead of stopping, she run faster and turned around like a lightning before finally stopping.

She waits…

The gun on her right hand pointed straight to the dark hallway in front of her.

But nothing’s coming.

She doesn’t hear the footsteps anymore.

A sweat trails down her temple to her neck slowly when she nervously took a step forward. The feeling of being watched haunted her. She bit her lips.

“I know you’re there.” She said groggily.

No answer.

“Show your se―”

A hard thwack on her neck made her fell on to the ground harshly. The gun dropped near her with a clank.

The last thing she saw was a pair of dirty boots before she out completely.

***

 

“Wake her up.”

A guy with black coat and a torn black jean blew the smoke from his mouth as he eyed the girl in the center of the room, handcuffs on either of her wrists. One of his man walks to the said girl. He cracked his neck to one side and throws a hard punch to the girl right on her stomach. The girl groaned in pain and soon consciousness brings her back to the reality.

“Oh you’re awake.” Said the guy in the black coat excitedly.

He flicked his cigarette to the cement floor and stepped on it as he walks. He had his hand tucked into his jean’s pocket and the other one scratching his chin. The guy smiled innocently when he squat a little to meet the girl’s hating eyes.

“I’ve been waiting for you to wake up you know. You’re a sleepyhead, aren’t you?”

The guy patted the black haired girl’s nose. The girl shook her head away from the searching finger. She sends the guy her deathly glare. The pain on her stomach is forgotten at the time she saw the ugly face.

“Where’s she?” She asked.

“Oh… don’t worry she’s safe.” The guy waved his hand as he stood straight on his feet again.

“You’re not that type of guy to keep your enemy’s daughter safe. Where is she?” The girl growled.

“That was harsh, kiddo. Don’t worry, she will safe. At least until your daddy came.” He takes one cigarette from his coat and played with it.

“It’s been awhile now. I’m not really sure if―”

“He will come!” She Screams. “If he doesn’t, I am here already! I can do what my dad can do! You don’t lay a finger on my sister or you will regret everything you’ve done!!”

Instead of feels threatened, the guy laughed at her mockingly as if it was the funniest thing he ever heard. He put his hands up as in surrender, his eyes looking at the girl.

“Yeah? Do you wanna see her now? I’ll just bring her here and blew her head right in front of your eyes. That’ll be very much interesting!” He beamed. “Bring her sister here!”

His mans were fast at followed his command. Soon after they went out, they’re coming back with a long haired girl on their grasps. The tall girl looks extremely exhausted mentally and physically, she looks more painful than her dad’s mans that came home from a long night fight. The girl’s eyes barely met her sister’s but it was enough to make the older girl’s heart sank.

“Seohyun…” A whisper. “What did you do to her?”

She felt tears dwelled up her eyes before her vision become blur. She saw the door slam closed and they pushed Seohyun down to the ground harshly. Another wound by the contact of her pale skin and the hard cement make a bleeding scratch on her elbow. The younger girl winched in pain.

A tear dropped to the ground…

The girl on handcuffs shook in anger.

“Well? Give your sister a smile! You’re seeing her after… four? Uhm… six days? Aren’t you missed her? Heard you looking for her everywhere.”

The guy smiles at her but she was too busy looking at her sister. She can’t takes her eyes away from the younger girl she grow up with, she loved the girl maybe more than her dad did and saw her at this kind of condition, she can’t prevent the tears to not coming out from her eyes. She bit her lips and started to struggle under the handcuffs.

“Nah, won’t work.”

The guy said as he walks away from her and to the younger girl. He grabbed Seohyun’s arm and forced her to stand up which made the girl gasped in half shocked and more to the pain.

“Don’t touch her!!”

The guy laughed as she put his hand on the younger girl’s shoulder and the other behind his back. Reaching for his gun but not pulled it out yet. He eyed the anger girl in mock.

“Oh I’m sorry I already did.” He chuckled as he patted Seohyun’s shoulder with his hand. “See? Your daddy is not here. Are you sure he will come? Because I have no more time left. I need to shot your sister’s head so your dad can give me the territory he’s been promising.”

“He will! Just… just wait!”

Uncertainty began to eat her. The guy was right, it’s been six days but her dad hasn’t come to rescue Seohyun yet. She questioned herself at why her dad seemed so nonchalant with Seohyun’s life. Isn’t Seohyun also his daughter? If it’s not her that ran away from home to looking for Seohyun, will her dad also looking for the younger girl now?

So many questions are on her mind and she can’t seem to concentrate more to what was happening in the room. Seohyun looked at her pleadingly but she doesn’t utter any words. She only looked at her sister as if telling her to not doing what she is doing right now; rescue her ― being here with her. Although she knew the guy will kill her at the end, she has to admit that seeing her sister here right now somehow gave her a bit of relieve.

“Time’s up, I think.”

The girl doesn’t even have enough time when a loud bang deafened her ears and everything is in chaos. That was the sound of a gun but the person lay on the hard cement with blood wasn’t Seohyun. It was the guy’s man that died. She looks to another side and saw Seohyun crawled towards her and opened the handcuffs with a key she got from somewhere her sister doesn’t know. The handcuffs were gone and she pulled Seohyun away to the corner of the room under the table, hugging her.

It was her dad with some of his men. She knew her dad will come, she knew her dad loves his daughter so much. She peeks over to the table and saw her dad fought with the guy that kidnapped Seohyun. Her dad will win this, she just knows it. When she sees her dad signaled her to go out from the room, she pulled Seohyun up and dragged her out.

She was inch away until she reached the outside of the room when another bang echoed. The girl smiled, she knows her dad will wi―

“NO!!!!”

That was her dad’s voice.

She tells herself to not turn around but her feet betrayed her. Lay on the hard cement with so much blood was Seohyun. It was her sister.

Her heart sank again, this time deeper.

It breaks into billion pieces when she saw Seohyun’s tear coming out from the corner of her eyes.

She still holds the hands when she kneeled down and touched the angelic face.

Another loud bang echoed throughout the room.

Her dad won.

But she hoped she never ran from under the table,

Not until the last bullet has been blown.

***

 

Present days…
Seoul, South Korea,
3 years latter

 

It needs three knocks to the locker until it finally creaked open. The owner of the locker sighed inwardly, two years with the same stupid locker. She wonders when the time her bones gonna cracked because of too much knocking.

She put some books on her duffle bag to the locker and grabbed her old sketching book. She untied the straps and takes a look at it before smiles innocently. This book was the only ‘friend’ she has since she entered the collage. She doesn’t really interest of making any friends.

“Hi Tiffany!”

The said girl turned around as she closed her locker. In front of her was Jiyeon, the girl that always smiles and waves and beams and shouts and jumps and squeals every single time she saw her. Tiffany thought Jiyeon has a mental failure at first because the other girl seemed very energetic when she approached Tiffany. But when she found a sweet baby pink envelope with a letter in it, Tiffany now know Jiyeon hasn’t had a mental failure, she thinks that Jiyeon needs a map to show her the way to the post office. Maybe Jiyeon was confused after all.

Tiffany nodded her head to the greeting Jiyeon gave and walks away from the locker. Jiyeon pouts, but Tiffany keeps on walking. The younger girl ― she’s two semester before Tiffany ― she pulled Tiffany’s leather jacket until the older girl stops and looked at behind her shoulder before Jiyeon continued talking.

Still pouting.

“Why are you always this cold to me?” she said but continued on even before Tiffany asked again what she was saying.

“There’s a party, at my place. And as always, I’m inviting you to come!” She beamed.

Tiffany scratched her eyebrows as she talks. “Nope.”

The older girl walks as she folded her jacket sleeves until it reached her elbows. Jiyeon bites her lips and smiles shyly at the little charming gesture Tiffany made. Gosh, it was just folded on the sleeves but Jiyeon ― everybody on the hallway ― looking at her in adoration. Tiffany was the coolest, the most mysterious girl in the building, the low profile but the quiet one ― the leather jacket gives her another plus point ― and every single person adored her.

“Aww why~?” Jiyeon whined as she clings onto the older girl’s arm.

Tiffany patted the head as she smiled slightly. “I just don’t feel like too. Sorry, I have class to attend. See ya.”

And with that, Tiffany walks away ― again ― from Jiyeon and to her class. The younger girl sighs as she watched Tiffany run up to the stairs and vanish in the crowd of another student. Jiyeon folded her arms when someone stood beside her.

“Aren’t you tired inviting her to the party?”

“I am. But she’s too cool to not getting the invitation.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes at Jiyeon. “Forever crushing on her are you?”

“There there Jiyeonie, give up already. I think she is not a party goers.”

Yuri came along with Jessica beside her and the tanned girl put her arm on Yoona’s shoulder. She kissed her girlfriend’s cheek as they walked together. Jiyeon rolled her eyes at the scene.

“Just try to get another girl!” Teased Jessica as she giggling to the younger girl.

“Cannot! Another girls aren’t as cool as her! She’s charismatic! The only one looking so y with leather jacket!”

“Hey hey, I’m very y with leather jacket.” Yuri protested.

“The only jacket you wore was a bath robe, bath robe doesn’t even count as a jacket but you wear it when your brother drives you to my home by his motorbike.”

“Oh shut it, Sica”

“You only wear bath robe when visiting Sica Unnie??” Yoona snapped at her.

“What!?”

“With nothing underneath??”

Jiyeon covered her innocent ears from the ambiguous conversation.

Jessica eyed the doe eyed girl quizzically.

“I wear undergarments!”

“But with motorbike!? Aren’t it gonna flew??”

Yah baby!”

“Geez Im Yoona!”

“Did you show your body to her, Yul??”

“Baby!!!”

“IM YOONA THAT’S GROSS!!”

***

 

Jessica sat across her group of friend couple days after the party day at Jiyeon’s. Sooyoung, her friend that happened to waited for her girlfriend, Sunny, to finished her last class that day, joined the other four at the campus cafeteria. The tall girl gave Jiyeon the look when the youngest whined about how Tiffany still on ignoring her. Jessica has to laughs lowly at that.

“You sound so gay do you know that?” Sooyoung protested as she sipped on her iced coffee milk.

“Like you’re not gay yourself.,” Jiyeon mumbled. “It was just that! I just want her to come to the party or at least smile at me just for once.”

“She’s just not a party goers, that’s all.” Jessica shrugged.

Yuri stretched as she put her arm around Yoona’s shoulder. The younger girl leaned onto it.

“Yea, she barely speaks and really quiet after all. Maybe she hates crowd.”

“You know, Sunny has been thinking about a party at our place. Maybe we can invited her and see if she refused it again or not.”

“She refused mine and now you? Of course she’ll refuse it!”

Sooyoung chuckled and combed her hair with her fingers. Annoy Jiyeon beside her and the other three looking at her with wondering eyes in front of her.

“Tiffany and I were at the same class last semester. She barely talks to anyone but I think few words with me were another story?”

“Seriously? She talks to you?” Yoona speaks Jiyeon mind when the younger girl straightened her sit.

Sooyoung nods. “I’ll make her come.”

“Speaking of which, your three o’clock.”

 Jessica bobbed her head to the side and there Tiffany sit alone with earphone plugged to her ear as she chew on the hamburger, the other hand scrolling down her phone.

A smile made it to Sooyoung’s face as she stood up. She grabbed her sling bag and made her way to the girl who sits alone with hamburger in hand. Tiffany looks up when a tall silhouette shadowed her.  The girl nodded her head to Sooyoung and signaled the taller girl to sit on the empty chair in front of her.

 

Tiffany’s attention: one point for Sooyoung from the four girls.

 

“Doing great?” Sooyoung starts, she got a nods from Tiffany. “Good.” She smiled.

“You?”

Sooyoung shrugged and grinned widely. “Awesome.”

Tiffany smiles a little.

 

Tiffany’s smile: five points for Sooyoung.

 

The giant smiles widely when Tiffany was not looking, the other girl continue scrolling on her phone when Sooyoung spoke.

“Sunny and I decided to make a party at our place. Are you, by any change, wanted to come?”

“Ohm… I don’t think―”

“I promise there won’t be a lot of people. Maybe it was just me, Sunny, Jessica, Yuri, Yoona and Jiyeon and maybe some of my classmate.”

“It’s not that I hate being in the middle of people.” Tiffany mumbled as she looked up to Sooyoung.

“Come then! A party won’t hurt you, you know.”

“It was just―”

“I don’t really like rejection, and Sunny cooks really good. You should come. Just this one and I promise Jiyeon wouldn’t ask you again for another party.”

Tiffany had to chuckle at that. The girl heaved a sigh as she sit properly. She smiled to Sooyoung and nodded her head tentatively.

“Okay.”

Sooyoung beamed as she stood up. The smile on her face grew wider than it already does.

“Great!! I’ll text you my address and the date!”

Tiffany smiled a little when she nodded. She watched until the tall girl sits on her previous chair again and her friends excitedly asking her question Tiffany cannot hear. She smiled at the view. It sure wonderful to have group of friend like Sooyoung did right? Not to mention a girlfriend.

Her eyes looking at the silly faces one by one. Jiyeon’s face was full of betrayal mixed with curiosity and amazed. That was adorable, Jiyeon is a cute girl with arrogant face and Tiffany is a stupid if she didn’t admit that Jiyeon was loveable. But no matter how loveable Jiyeon is, her eyes somehow landed at someone across the table with the younger girl.

Tiffany knows her as Jessica.

And when Tiffany about to looking at her longer, the other girl’s eyes met her. She was about to chocked on her hamburger but she maintains herself cool. She grabbed her duffle bag and placed the half eaten hamburger on the plate. Tiffany stood up and left the cafeteria with a last glance at Jessica.

***

 

Tiffany looked up to the sky and to her phone. Sooyoung’s place was blocks away from her own and she didn’t know why she was heading there just now. A party won’t hurt right?

She put more effort to her feet to walks further, she didn’t bother to take a cab or bus or anything like that. Walking is healthy as long as walking didn’t make her feet bleeding is okay for her. One block more and she’ll arrive at the address.

The girl stops in front of a white house with loud blast of music and some of her school mate walking in and out of it. This must be the right address. Tiffany checked on the text from Sooyoung and she got it right. This is the house of the tall girl. Tiffany walks to the door and about to knock when she stupidly realize it was a party and it has nothing to do with knocking. No one gonna heard it anyway. She steps in the house and realized how a liar Sooyoung is.

“And she said there wouldn’t be a lot of people.”

***

 

“Tiffany! You came!”

Jiyeon beamed when Tiffany barely put her two feet inside the house. The older girl planned to stepped back and go away in an instant when she heard the voice. Jiyeon jumped onto the girl and Tiffany almost lost her balance when the body bumped onto her with hard impact. Her head bumped into the door she just closed.

That was hell hurt.

“Whoa there you animal, back to your habitat. You scare my guest.”

Sooyoung pulled Jiyeon harshly and the girl almost fell onto the ground if it’s not Yoona’s legs that prevent her from falling down. Jiyeon looked up to Yoona with a thanked foolish grin but Yoona moved aside and the younger girl fell onto the ground.

Jessica reached out her hand but her hand was wet she was just washed it and she haven’t wiped it yet. Jiyeon however, seeing a help, she grabbed the hand and unluckily Jessica’s hand way too slippery.

The floor loves her more than anything.

Sooyoung waved her hand as she looked back to Tiffany.

“I really don’t know her.”

***

 

Jessica has to excuse herself at so many times that night. Everything was so funny and she was a liar if she said it wasn’t fun at all. She drained herself because of too much laughing and going home after everyone was out is the best idea she had in mind. She helped Sunny a little bit by washing some of the dirty empty plates but the blond said she’ll just gonna cleaned it in the morning.

It was four in the morning when she finally going home from the party and she decided to take a walk since there are no more bus and cabs around anymore. Her house only two blocks away so it wouldn’t be a tiring walk.

She walks and walks and walks until she was half way away from home when she saw some thugs watching her. Jessica at some reason doesn’t really scare with thugs. She watched her uncle practicing taekwondo when she was a little and she thinks she can copies what her uncle did back then. Jessica walks more until the thugs stood up and blocked her way. One of them with a beer bottle in hand looks so troubled just by standing up.

“Why does a gorgeous girl like ya walkin alone in da street this late, huh?” He slurred. “Ain’t ya scared, pretty?”

Jessica rolled her eyes at the drunken thugs.

“None of your business. Now move.”

She took a step forward but one of the thugs tried to grab on her hand. Jessica gasped and moved backwards as she eyed the thug. The thug with beer bottle took some steps to Jessica until the girl’s back touched the brick wall behind her.

“Of course it ain’t our business,” He laughed foolishly. “Gimme some money, needa buy another bottle. This one ain’t strong enough.”

“Try to earn it yourself, stinks.”

That was really brave of her. The thugs taken aback by Jessica’s remark and instead of walking away, they got more interest in Jessica. This pretty girl really has something to show doesn’t she? Or else, she wouldn’t be this brave, right?

In the other hand, Jessica doesn’t sure herself either she still remember her uncle’s taekwondo moves or not when the thug pulled out a knife from his pocket and the other one started to swing the empty beer bottle dangerously. Jessica started to panic as she keeps her eyes on the knife. She moved to the side like a crab, trying so hard to not being cornered and she succeeded.

She was manages to run but the thugs were faster. One of them pulled Jessica by the hand and muffled . Jessica eyes grew wide when the thug with the knife walked closer to her as he laughed lowly and ertly. Centimeters away and she gasps when the tip of the knife on her―

“EFFIN !! SMELLY HAND!!!!”

Jessica screams in her mind as she struggled to get rid of the hand on to get off. She shut her eyes. She was thinking to bite the hand and ran away but it sounds so gross and she was just hoping her feet had enough strength to kick the thugs.

So Jessica gathered all the courage she has and ready to swung her feet when―

“OW!”

Did she hit the thug already?

But her feet still there stays still. She doesn’t even swing it yet. Maybe it was her mind control? Like what Jane do in X-men? Jessica was panic as she still has her eyes close, she was thinking that she has some magic ability to make other people suffer with just thinking about it.

Another groaned from the thugs and the hand that muffled left. Jessica fell flat on her as she watched the fighting scene in front of her. She barely can see but the figure that fights with the thugs has long hair.

Maybe it was a long haired man. There wouldn’t be a girl wandering around this late. Right?

Jessica watched when that someone throw a hard punch to the thugs with the beer bottle and he stumbled onto the ground seems unconscious. Jessica watched the scene wide eyed and when the long haired someone walking to her direction, she moved backwards by instinct. The stranger squatted in front of her. Jessica still can’t see the face.

“Are you okay?” the voice was soft.

The stranger is a girl.

Jessica nodded groggily.

“Are you hurt? Did they do something to you? Took something? Maybe?”

Jessica opened about to answer the question but the feeling of someone watching them made Jessica looked up to the stranger’s back. Her eyes widen and without any of the thinking, Jessica screams real loud when the thug rise the bottle.

“WATCH OUT!!!”

The stranger however react really fast ― or rather surprise by the scream ― and turned around, lifted the left arm above her head. The bottle hits the hand so hard Jessica swear she can hear a crack from the bottle. Just by seeing it she winched in pain.

The stranger kicked the thug’s ball even harder than the impact the bottle gave and the thug fell down to the ground once more but this time Jessica sure he wouldn’t make it to get up so soon. The stranger found Jessica’s wrist and pulled her up.

“Let’s get out of here.”

Jessica wanted it or not, has to or not, followed the stranger that looks like someone she knows from behind, she followed her like a lost puppy. She felt thanked and relieve but when she shifted her eyes to the left hand, she once again winched in pain.

“Hey stop.”

She said and the stranger slowed down before stopping completely. Jessica keeps her eyes on the left hand she doesn’t see the stranger’s face when she turned around. The brunette girl grabbed to the left wounded hand softly and the stranger winched.

“Your hand…”

Jessica tentatively looked up and she lost of words when she saw the stranger’s face.

“Tiffany!?”

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: this may take some parts. i just make it to the first part. still working on the second one :DD

hey there dude! i hope you liked the first one :DDDD sorry for taking too long.

enjoy! comments are allowed ofc ;)

 

 

warning! i'm too lazy to re-read it lol