NINE.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

"Your assignment is to make up a healthy recipe for the Sports Forte class. You can choose your partners, but the athletes get to choose the chefs. They'll be coming in tomorrow, so you and your partner have to make up a recipe together by tonight!" informed the teacher.

Sulli sighed. The assignment took up the majority of her grade and she didn't know who to partner up with. At least, on the bright side, Krystal was in Sports Forte and she'll most likely be her guest! Everyone was standing up, walking around to find a partner. Sulli was too shy to ask anyone...besides, almost everyone hated her. Just then, someone grabbed her wrist.

"Sulli, you're partnering with me." She turned around and saw D.O. dragging her to an open kitchen. Even before she could answer, D.O. placed her in front of the countertop as he brought out a paper and pen.

"So what should we make?" asked D.O. as he tapped the pen on his chin.

"Yes, oppa, I'll be your partner," Sulli said sarcastically and both of them laughed.

"We just need to brainstorm ideas for the recipe. We can experiment with it when we go back to the dorm," suggested D.O.

"I'm fine with that, but I have detention, so if you don't mind working late or possibly pulling an all-nighter..." told Sulli.

"It's okay!" said D.O. Both of them went right to work as they scribbled down a lot of ideas down on the paper. 30 minutes passed and the two were just relaxing while observing the other teams.

"So, uh, how's everyone in f(x) doing?" asked D.O. carefully.

"You should know? Not sick, not depressed...? You see Luna unni and Amber unni everyday," answered Sulli.

"What do you guys usually talk about...?" asked D.O.

"OPPA! Why do you need to know?" said Sulli, laughing.

"J-just..." answered D.O. shyly.

"Well the usual...school, celebrities, Vic Omma's nagging, boys..." listed Sulli. D.O.'s eyes beamed when he heard the word "boys."

"Who do you guys usually talk about?" D.O. asked while smacking his lower lip and upper lip together, making popping sounds. Sulli quickly put a finger on her lips.

"Secret!" she said.

"Why?" whined D.O.

"Oppa, you're acting strange! Do you like any of our unnis?" teased Sulli.

"N-no! Of course not!" stuttered D.O.

"By the way you're acting, you do! Who? Krystal? Luna unni? Amber unni? Vic omma? Wait...Vic omma has a boyfriend already..."guessed Sulli.

The two spent the rest of class with Sulli guessing who D.O. liked, and D.O. denying everything Sulli said.

~.~

Taemin kicked the soccer ball. Hard. The goalie, who happened to be Minho, dodged the flying ball. Taemin was stressed and confused.

Taemin, you have a girlfriend! The prettiest, most popular girl in the whole school!

Taemin pictured Jiyoung in his head. But that didn't last long...Jiyoung's smile turned into Sulli's and Jiyoung was soon completely replaced by Sulli. Taemin screamed in the middle of the field from frustration. Everyone around him jumped with surprise.

"Taemin, you okay?" asked Bora (of SISTAR) who was right next to him.

"Oh what? Huh? Yeah...I guess..." said Taemin.

"Is your hyung gone? You're usually sad when Jonghyun sunbae leaves," suggested Bora.

"Yeah. He left for China like yesterday or something..." said Taemin. Minho jogged over the two, worried about his dongsaeng.

"Taemin, you okay?" he said while inspecting him.

"I'm fine, don't worry," assured Taemin.

"Probably mad that we didn't listen to him..." Minho murmured to himself.

"Let's just go back to practicing..." suggested Taemin. Minho nodded as he started to head back to the goal post. Taemin, whose mind was completely blank, carelessly kicked the ball...this time, his aim was bad and the flying ball hit the back of Minho's head.

"HYUNG!" Taemin yelled as he ran to a dizzy Minho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D.O. neatly hung his uniform in his locker. Next to him, Taemin was busily changing, murmuring "crap" over and over again.

"Why the rush?" D.O. asked.

"I'm late for detention," Taemin answered.

"Or you can't wait to see Sulli?" teased D.O.

"WHAT?! NOOOO!" Taemin yelled while turning red. D.O. laughed.

"Where'd you get that from?" Taemin complained.

"Jonginnie and Sehunnie~" D.O. said in glee.

"Aish those blabbermouths...they twisted the words!" Taemin argued.

"Sure..." D.O. said sarcastically. "I never knew our Taeminnie was a player."

"HYUNG!" yelled Taemin. D.O. laughed again; he just loved teasing Taemin.

"Anyways, I need to go. Ugh, I hate detention!" Taemin was racing out the door. D.O. smiled as he grabbed his backpack. He opened a little note that he left for himself: a shopping list for tonight's experiment. He left the locker room and head to the school entrance.

"OPPA!!!" yelled someone as two hands slapped his back.

"Ack..." D.O. squeaked. He heard two girls laughing as the two started to walk with him.

"Oh hey Luna, hey Amber!" he greeted the smiling short girl and the tomboy.

"What you got there? A love letter?" asked Amber, indicating the folded paper in his hand.

"Love letter? Nope. It's just a shopping list I need for forte class," explained D.O.

"OOH! Can we go to the store with you?" asked Luna cheerfully as she linked her arms with D.O.'s. His heart started to race at Luna's sudden action.

"S-sure..." stuttered D.O.

"So what are you doing for forte class?" asked Amber.

"Big assignment (sigh). We have to come up a recipe fitful for atheletes. I'm paired with Sulli, so I guess I'm fine," answered D.O.

"With our Sulli? Please take good care of our little Sulli!" Luna said cutely as she playfully pinched D.O.'s cheek. D.O. could feel his cheeks burn and blush. Amber just laughed.

"Our Sunyoungie should grow up and stop doing aegyo," mocked Amber.

The three laughed.

"So how are your frote classes?" D.O. asked. Luna started to jump.

"OPPA! GUESS WHAT? OUR FORTE IS DOING THE ANNUAL MUSICAL AND I GOT THE LEAD! I'M SO HAPPY! YOU'LL COME AND WATCH ME, RIGHT, RIGHT?" she screamed happily.

"Of course! Which musical?" replied D.O.

"Legally Blonde!!!" squealed Luna.

"She has to dye her hair blonde," commented Amber as Luna blissfully nodded. Luna? Blonde?

"I'll definately go. Save me a seat in the front row!" D.O. responded. Nice move.

"Don't worry!!!" Luna said innocently.

"Rapping class is so hectic!" suddenly complained Amber.

"What happened?" asked D.O.

"Hoya happened. His sudden "fame" is making all the girls in our class scream...and other girls skip forte class JUST to come and see Hoya rap! So annoying!" Amber ranted.

"Hoya? That dude? He-" started D.O.

"Hoya oppa is so nice! And he's so talented and good-looking! He's so perfect!" cut in Luna. At Luna's compliment, D.O. could feel a rage inside of him. You...too...Luna?

"What's so great about him anyways?" said D.O. flatly.

"I don't even know," Amber said, clearly showing everyone that she was annoyed.

"Well, he's good at rapping, good at dancing, he's smart, he writes good songs, he's good looking, he's...." Luna started to list.

"It was rhetorical," Amber said. Luna gave out a dreamy laugh and D.O. was about to explode. Luckily, they arrived at the grocery store even before his head blew up.

"Oppa! Let's see the list together!" Luna said cutely, cooling down D.O.'s anger. He obediently handed the girl his note. Luna checked the list as she carried a basket around to and looked for the ingredients. Amber was casually checking out the beverage section, filling the basket with as much coffee as she can. D.O. couldn't snap out of his dream. And, unluckily for him, he didn't see Luna bump into someone, causing everything to fall out of the basket.

"Are you okay?" the other person asked, helping Luna get up. D.O. snapped out of his dream when he heard the voice.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry! I should've looked while I was walking!" she apologized, letting him help her up. When she was on her feet, her face lightened up when she saw who it was.

"Hoya oppa!"

D.O. could feel the rage coming again.

"Oh, it was Luna! I'm sorry, Luna! It's my fault...Here, I'll help you pick your stuff up," he said while bending down.

"Oh, no! It's okay! I can do it," Luna said shyly as she bent down with him and both picked up the ingredients together. The two were laughing and joking around, causing D.O. to steam up more. When he couldn't take it, he marched up and grabbed Luna's wrist.

"Let's go, Luna," he commanded.

"Wait...what..uh...Hoya oppa! I'll text you later! Bye!" Luna said hurriedly. 

WHAT?! TEXT?! Hoya...I will get you someday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sulli quickly changed into comfortable clothes as soon as she got to the dorm. Detention was really awkward...the two didn't say a single word, though they sneaked glances at each other from time to time. She quickly grabbed a hair tie and made a pony tail.

"Hey Ssul, did you eat?" asked Victoria.

"No! But I have to meet up with D.O. oppa in the kitchen, so I'll grab something from there, okay?" answered Sulli, knowing that Victoria will make her eat at least something.

"Alright!" Victoria said as she went back to texting her boyfriend. Sulli rushed downstairs and found D.O. getting out all the ingredients 

"Oppa! Sorry that I'm late!" panted Sulli.

"It's okay! It's only 10. I usually sleep late, so 10 o'clock is pretty early for me!" assured D.O. Sulli sighed in relief. D.O. handed her an apron and both went straight to work.

~.~4 Hours Later~.~

"Taemin-ah, are you okay? I'm sorry I'm not there to be with you...Do what you think is right. Even though I'm not there, I'll love you. I loved you, I love you, and I will always love you. I'm sorry Taemin...so sorry..."

Taemin's eyes opened. He was panting. Was it a dream or a ghost talking? He feared the woman's voice, yet the voice was so familiar to him. And those words....he heard those words before...Taemin reached for his water cup, only to find it empty. He sighed as he got off his bed and went downstairs to refill his cup. Strangely, the kitchen light was still on.

Did Onew hyung forget to turn the lights off again after stealing chicken?

But as he got closer and closer, he could hear two people laugh. He peeked inside and found D.O. and Sulli playing around with food. Sulli continued chopping...whatever she was chopping and fed D.O. some samples. Taemin started to get angry.

Hyung...how could you...

Taemin stopped himself. 

I.DO.NOT.LIKE.SULLI. I.DO.NOT.LIKE.SULLI.

Taemin distracted himself by chanting the phrase over and over again, quitting on getting water. He heard more laughter from the kitchen as he wanted to just go up to D.O. and punch him in the face and drag Sulli out and....

WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME?! I DO NOT LIKE SULLI! I DO NOT LIKE SULLI! I DO NOT LIKE SULLI!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sports Forte students do not have to dress out today," read Krystal as she squinted at the sign on the locker room's door. "Huh. I wonder why..."

Sulli smiled. She couldn't wait until she cooked for her best friend. The athletes didn't know that the Culinary assignment was related to them. Sulli put her arm around Krystal's shoulders as the two walked into the locker room.

~.~

"Alright guys! Sit down on the floor!" yelled the coach. The students obeyed, for they were afraid of the coach. Once he gets mad, he turns into a bear, lion, hyena, shark...all the scary animals combined.

"So! The reason why we have no training is because we're helping the Culinary Arts Forte with their assingment! They were required to make up a recipe that is healthy for athletes to eat! You guys will be the judge for your Culinary peers!" announced the coach. All the students cheered and high fived each other...eating was better than exercising, any day.

"So this is how it's going to work! You'll be lined up beside the kitchen door! One by one, you guys will head in the kitchen and sit in front of anyone! And it's only one person for every two chef-students! No fighting over who gets to sit where, understood?" informed the coach. Everyone happily answered them as they quickly lined themselves up. Taemin was fourth in line...he just HAD to get to Sulli's station. When the class was in front of the kitchen door, they obeyed the previous order and entered the room one by one. When it was Taemin's turn, he tried hard to find Sulli.

"Taemin! Over here!" he heard. He turned around, wishing it was Sulli, but turned out to be Nicole. He pretended not to see her and went back looking for Sulli...and when he did, his smile lasted for 10 seconds. Despite Sulli's beauty, he saw that she was paired with him. But Taemin sat down anyways, smiling at the two. Sulli's eyes widened in surprise.

"Taemin..." she whispered.

"Hey, our Taeminnie! Come to taste your hyung's yummy food?" said D.O. happily. 

"Shut up, Kyungsoo," he said, half-pissed.

"Kyungsoo? I'm your hyung!" D.O. scolded.

"Technically not. You're just a fast 93er," Taemin argued while sticking his tongue out. Sulli chuckled.

"How childish.." she muttered. Taemin, even though it was not a compliment, felt light hearted when Sulli laughed.

 

Even though she smiled, Sulli felt uncomfortable. She could see Krystal entering the room, surprised at Taemin taking away her spot. Sulli sighed...she wished that she could make Krystal something. A dumbfounded Krystal made her way to another station.

Why is Taemin here? Is it because of D.O. oppa? I don't want to cook for him...Though he looks really cool today...AW WHAT AM I SAYING? I'M OFFICIALLY GOING CRAZY!

"Okay guys!" yelled the Culinary teacher. "You may begin!"

Sulli and D.O. concentrated on their cooking. Taemin, who was right in front of them, dreamily looked at Sulli the whole time; but Sulli was too absorbed into her work that she didn't notice.

"Oppa, get the pan ready," she said as she rushed to get some oil. D.O. obeyed and placed a pan over the heat.

"You should stop looking at her like a e," said D.O., who didn't even look at Taemin.

"No I didn't," snapped Taemin.

"I could see you from the corner of my eyes, Taemin. You're freaking me out," said D.O.

"But I didn't!" argued Taemin.

"Whatever you say," said D.O.

"Just don't get too close to her," Taemin whispered, hoping that nobody heard it. D.O., however, did, but just kept it to himself.

That rascal.

Sulli came with a bottle of olive oil in her hands. D.O., being the evil boy he is, helped her, but adding in some skinship. Sulli was too innocent to notice, but Taemin was furious.

"Oh Sulli, can you go get the sauce?" D.O. asked. Sulli nodded as she went to the refrigerator. Taemin glared at D.O.

"Stop shooting fire balls at me with your eyes," D.O. said with a laugh.

"Stop doing whatever you're doing," Taemin said while holding his anger.

"Doing what? Oh! That thing! I thought you said you didn't like her!" D.O. said sarcastically.

"I-I-I..." Taemin started. Suddenly, they heard a scream from behind. Both of them turned and saw that Sulli accidentally cut herself with the knife. She was eyeing her bloody finger, while her body swayed. D.O. turned the fire off and rushed to Sulli. He caught her right in time, before she fainted.

"Ssul, you okay?" he asked. But Sulli was too scared to answer. Taemin couldn't do anything...but he wished he did. The teacher rushed over.

"Take her to the nurse's office!" she pleaded. D.O. grabbed Sulli by the waist and helped her up. An unconscious Sulli obeyed as she held on to D.O. The sight of D.O. and Sulli leaving pierced Taemin's heart.

That should've been me...

"Sorry Taemin, but I guess you won't have food today," said the teacher.

"It's fine," Taemin said, still eyeing the two partners. Then, Krystal ran over to Sulli's station.

"I JUST SAW SULLI BEING CARRIED BY D.O. OPPA. WHAT HAPPENED?" demanded Krystal.

"She cut herself accidentally and almost fainted," answered the teacher worriedly.

"Oh dear God..." Krystal breathed.

"Just leave her at the nurse's office," said the teacher as she went back inspecting other students. Krystal sighed as she turned around to go back to her respective station.

"Hey, Jung Soo Jung, come over here," she heard. She turned and saw Nicole motioning her. Krystal was kind of scared for a minute...who knows what Nicole could do to her. But, being the brave girl she is, she went to Nicole and gave her a "what" face.

"Keep Sulli away from our Jiyoung's boyfriend," Nicole said.

"What are you talking about? Sulli hates Taemin!" Krystal fought back.

"Well, that girl is seducing Taemin and he's actually falling for her!" argued Nicole.

"Sulli is too innocent to seduce anyone. Open your eyes, Nicole, it's Taemin who's...following...her," Krystal said while realizing something.

"Oh god...does Taemin like Sulli?" asked Krystal.

"No! Taemin is falling for that who's been seducing him ever since she came here!" Nicole yelled. Everyone turned around and looked at Nicole. Nicole looked a bit proud...and Krystal could see why.

Now the whole school will think Sulli is a boyfriend stealing, seducing .

This is not good.

____    ____    ____    ____    ____    ____

Sulli was in the locker room by herself. She ended later than everyone else; she had been passed out for a couple of hours. She was exempted from detention because of her sudden faint. Sulli opened her locker and something fell. Confused, Sulli picked up a little box. There was also a note to it:

To: Sulli

Feels guilty not giving you anything because I know. Happy Early Birthday. I know it's in one week, but anyone else saw, my image would be ruined.

-Egg White

Sulli smiled. Despite the meaness of Jiyoung (and her note), deep down inside, Jiyoung still cared for her. But that Jiyoung moved on, and she should too. Friends change. Sulli will forget about the old Jiyoung by accepting the one last gift from her. She opened the box and saw a cellphone keychain; it was a little photo album. Sulli opened and saw pictures...of her, Krystal, and Suzy. Jiyoung must've sneaked to take a picture of the three friends. Sulli smiled when she saw it. She moved the pictures a little bit, finding another picture behind it. Curiously, Sulli tooked out the first picture and found another picture...this time it was a picture of a young Jiyoung and a young Sulli, happily smiling in front of their school. Sulli couldn't help but smile at the old memory. She slid the top picture back in, saving Jiyoung's reputation of "being friends with the poor girl."

____________________________________________________________________________________

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE D:

SO D.O.'S CRUSH IS REVEALED ( YOU GUYS CAUGHT IT RIGHT? XD)

PLEASE COMMENT :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

~~~~................~~~~

"Jonghyun-ge!"

Jonghyun smiled as he headed out the airport entrance.

"Hey!" he said.

"Welcome back to China, Jonghyun-ge!" 

"For the hundredth time, you're Korean! Say 'hyung' instead of 'ge ge'!" Jonghyun scolded.

"Sorry, hyung! Still used to the Chinese language...you know...I've been living here for a long time...when do I get to go back to Korea though?"

"Not yet...it's still dangerous...if my dad finds you in Korea at the wrong time, he'll seriously kill you. I promised you to take you to Korea when it's not as dangerous, remember?" Jonghyun assured.

"But why will he kill me?"

"He'll be shocked if he found out that....never mind..."

The younger pouted.

"Come on, let's go eat! I'm hungry!" Jonghyun changed the subject as he put his arm around the boy. The boy smiled and lead the elder to the car.

"So how's Taemin doing?"