SIXTEEN.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

Sulli awed at the palace the whole time.

"What your  saying is that my birthplace is here?" she asked with huge, bunny eyes. The "father of Jonghyun and Taemin" laughed and assured her that she was. A couple of bodyguards, maids, and the man accompanied her from room to room of the enormous palace. She was particularly amazed at the palace's kitchen. 

"And this is, well was, your room. We'll get rid of the crib and hire some professional interior designer to redesign your room for "teenager-appropriate,"" explained the man. She nodded as they moved on.

"This was your parent's room. After their death, we were ordered to never touch this room or use it," the man said. Sulli scrutinized the room and had brief flashbacks: her young self crawling next to her parents when she had a nightmare; her mother reading a book to her every night; her father playing with her and tickling her in the bed. The bodyguards guided her to the next room over.

"This was your brother's room," introduced the man.

"I had a brother?" asked Sulli.

"You clearly don't remember things. Yes, you had an older brother, three years older than you. He was deceased on the same day your parents were...shot in the massacre," said the man. Sulli bit her lips and whispered to her accompanying group that she wanted to continue the tour.

She was surprised that there was a movie room, arcade room, astronomy room, and library. She didn't even know these rooms ever exsisted. 

"And last but not least, the ballroom," announced the man. The butlers opened the colossal doors, in which the room presented itself with its huge, glossy glass floor, an expensive grand piano, and a beautiful chandelier. Sulli had another flashback: a minute with people laughing, and then the next, blood everywhere and dead bodies lying on the floor, covering the glass with red.

"This is where they died," sighed Sulli. Everyone around her bowed their heads, as if they were remembering their death. The group quickly escorted Sulli, awared that she was hemophobic.

Sulli found herself seating at the meeting room. The guards and maids were standing up and she was seating at a long, wooden table with the man.

"I'm pretty sure you have a lot of questions," said the man. Sulli nodded and the man gestured, allowing Sulli to "ask away."

"I don't want to be rude, but who are you and how do you know Taemin and Jonghyun sunbae?" asked Sulli. The man's identity bugged her the whole time. The man chuckled.

"I'm Lee Han Bin, the Vice President every since your father's enthronement. And to answer your second question, I am Taemin and Jonghyun's dad," explained the man.

"You're their father?" asked Sulli loudly. She could see that the guards were trying their best to hold in their laughter. Mr. Lee chuckled.

"The more I look at you, the more I see the resemblence between you and your sons," said Sulli.

"I'm really proud of them for being successful and going to that prestigious high school. We have a strong relationship," assured Mr. Lee. "Next question," he moved on.

"Who killed my parents and my brother?" Sulli asked, her heart pounding for answers.

"That...still remains a mystery. The attack was sudden and unexpected. Few managed to escape, like you and me. Some were unlucky and are remembered til this day," said Mr. Lee, sounding really unfortunate. "Any more questions?" Sulli shook her head and still marveling at the room.

"Well, then. I have some questions for you," continued Mr. Lee. Sulli nodded and waited for the barrage of questions.

"First things first, how did you escape that day?" he asked.

"Well....that whole day is a blur to me. I have a few flashbacks, but not the entire picture," explained Sulli. "Is it really that unbelieveable?" 

"No. We were just surprised to see that your body was missing during the funeral. I actually knew that your body was missing, but we told everyone that you died," explained Mr. Lee.

"You had to lie about me?" wondered Sulli.

"The press were already going crazy. If people found out that you've escaped, then the whole nation would flip around again," explained Mr. Lee. Just then, they heard the a knock on the door.

"Excuse me, Vice President Lee, but the Princess is supposed be informed with her schedule," said a woman, as soon as she walked in the room.

"Thank you, Miss Park. Well, your Highness, you're free to go," said Mr. Lee. Sulli gave him a nod and she follwed the so-called Miss Park.

~.~

"You guys should know about this," confronted Victoria. The members of f(x), SHINee, EXO, and Suzy and Jonghyun met up after school at a cafe. Everyone was on one side of the table, questioning Jonghyun and Taemin.

"We didn't know anything about this. All we knew was that our father was coming to school for a meeting. But that's it," explained Jonghyun.

"Are you sure?" argued Amber.

"Yup. Same goes with me," Taemin defended, showing the group his text message. Everyone remained silent and looked away from the two brothers' charismatic glares.

"Get your information straight before accusing people," scolded Jonghyun. All the questioning members looked down in embarrassment.

"Wow...Sulli was the princess..." sighed Krystal.

"But isn't she supposed to be...dead?" asked Kai carelessly as Krystal punched him in the stomach.

"It's a mystery," answered Suho. Taemin bit his lips nervously.

"You okay?" asked Jonghyun,  looking at his brother worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Taemin lied.

"I want Sulli back," complained Luna, receiving sympathies from the others.

~.~

Sulli curled up on her huge, fluffy bed, looking at her phone. She wanted to text her friends so bad...she wanted to text Taemin so bad. But she didn't know what to say. She repeatedly pressed on Krystal, Suzy, and Taemin's name, deleting each message. Part of her felt sorry them. Just then, she heard a knock on her crystal door. In came a maid and her maid-in-training.

"Your Highness, we're hear to give you your schedule for tomorrow," said the maid. Sulli sat up on her bed and awkwardly motioned them to come forward. The maid-in-waiting anxiously handed her an iPad. The maid and the maid-in-waiting bowed and left her in her room. Sulli's eyes widened when she saw her schedule. The only thing she could do as of now was to let out a deep breath:

"6:00am Breakfast (1 hour)

7:00am Korean Laws Class (2 hours)

9:00am Royals Etiquette (5 hours)

2:00pm Lunch (1 hour)

3:00pm Traditional Korean Lesson (1 hour)

4:00pm Dress Fitting (1 hour)

5:00pm Royals of the World (2 hours)

7:00pm Dinner (1 hour)

8:00pm Meeting with Royal Attendents and Vice President (1 hour)

9:00pm Fencing, Ballet, Golf Lesson (3 hours)"

She sighed; her day schedule was practically hell. She did not see this coming. Wasn't being a princess easy? Wearing a dress, standing and seating up tall, eating with utensils from the outside in...Sulli yawned. It had been a very, very long day.

~.~

"Can't sleep?" Jonghyun asked his little brother.

He was strolling along the soccer field when he saw Taemin lightly kicking around a soccer ball. Taemin stopped the black and white ball with his foot.

"Yeah," he said, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. Jonghyun picked up his brother's water bottle from the grass and handed it to him. Without hesitating, Taemin gulped down more than half of the water.

"Just had a lot of things on my mind lately," furthur explained Taemin as he plunged into the grass.

"Same," responded Jonghyun, quickly sitting next to Taemin.

"Hyung, can I be honest with you?" asked Taemin.

"Sure," Jonghyun said, a bit surprised. Taemin was almost never open with his hyung.

"Hyung, I'm worried. I'm worried about Sulli," Taemin said. Jonghyun's heart dropped down to his stomach.

"Me too..." whispered Jonghyun.

"She must be scared and confused. Do you think she remembers that night?" asked Taemin.

"I don't think so. She certainly doesn't remember us. And her hemophobic reactions seem pretty explainable too. But what I'm worried about is Dad," Jonghyun replied.

"What about Dad?" asked Taemin, confused.

"Nothing..." the elder quickly replied. He knew that whatever what happens, he had to protect his younger brother from the truth.

"Hyung, I miss her," Taemin said.

"Me too," replied Jonghyun as he put his arm around him.

"I never answered your question, hyung, my crush," said Taemin, out of the blue.

"I know who it is, Taem. It's Sulli isn't it?" guessed Jonghyun.

"H-how...did you know?" asked Taemin.

"Just....Brother's instinct...and the way you treat her these days and the way you look at her," Jonghyun answered.

"Maybe that's why I miss her so much," mumbled Taemin.

"Don't worry, Taem, we'll see her one day," comforted Jonghyun.

Jonghyun honestly wasn't at all satisfied. He couldn't believe that he and his brother were crushing on the same girl. But he knew he had to give her up. He was the older brother and older brothers give things up for thier younger brohters. All he can be is Sulli's guardian angel. He knew the brutality in the Royal Palace and he'll risk his life to protect her.

Sulli.

Choi Jinri.

Choi Jinri with the same smile ten years ago.

_______________________________________________

Haven't updated in a while xD

please comment :DDD haha

everyone knows i love comment xD haha

this was a boring chapter....ill try to make it more fun in the future?

mystery man in china will also be revealed soon~~

and a happy 3 days early birthday to SULLI JINRI CHOI! OUR PROTAGONIST OF OUR STORY! 19th birthday, 20th birthday in korea :D

20111215_fx_sulli.jpg

Sulli-f-x-sulli-EC-B5-9C-EC-84-A4-EB-A6-