THREE.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

Sulli came out of the last period of the day, Physics, and met up with Krystal, who had Biology next door with Suzy. She smiled when she saw her new friends. She congratulated herself for "successfully" finishing her first day of school...except Physics class where she had no friends. Physics was her favorite subject and she answered all of the teacher's questions. This, however, caused the class to hate her...after all nobody likes a stuck-up teacher's pet. Sulli kept hearing hateful whispers behind her back. Boy, was she glad she was out of class.

Krystal and Suzy lead her to the locker rooms, where each student was to dress into their forte uniforms for three and a half hours of forte class. Suzy was a singing forte, so she didn't need to change; she only used the locker to put her backpack. The lockers were assigned, but Sulli's locker was next to Krystal's and across from Suzy's. Sulli threw her backpack in the big locker and changed into her Culinary uniform.

"Sulli! You're so cute in the uniform!" squealed Suzy. Sulli laughed as she tied her long hair into a ponytail. Just then, a girl comes up to Sulli.

"Someone told me to give you this," the girls said, handing Sulli a folded paper. Sulli unfolded the paper and read the message:

Pretend you don't know me...or else

-JY

Jiyoung...so she did remember her. But why pretend? Wasn't Jiyoung her best friend? Weren't best friends supposed to look out for each other? Furious, Sulli went to go find Jiyoung in the locker room. She found her chatting with the other KARA members. Sulli grabbed Jiyoung's wrist and dragged her outside of the locker room. Luckily, no one was there.

"What is this?" Sulli asked while waving the note in front of Jiyoung's face.

"A note," said Jiyoung.

"Jiyoung! You were my best friend in the orphanage. What happened to you?" asked Sulli.

"Were, Sulli, were. Now go away before anyone sees me with you," said Jiyoung. But Sulli couldn't accept it.

"NO! You are not going anywhere until you explain to me what happened!" yelled Sulli as she gripped Jiyoung's arms.

"Let go of me!" said Jiyoung, struggling to get rid of Sulli. But the more she moved, the harder Sulli's grip got. Just then, Jiyoung did something Sulli didn't expect: she slapped her across the face.

"YOU...!" started Sulli. The locker room door flew open and Jiyoung started to cry as soon as she heard the door open. A couple of girls came out.

"JIYOUNG! ARE YOU OKAY?" they said, going to Jiyoung and comforting her. But Jiyoung continued to cry. One of the girls looked at Sulli.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO THE INNOCENT GIRL! WHAT DID SHE EVER DO TO YOU?!" she yelled. Sulli wanted to argue, but she didn't. It'll just make the situation worse. Soon, KARA members and Suzy and Krystal came out.

"What happened?" asked Gyuri.

"Sulli was bullying Jiyoung!" said one of the girls.

"What's your problem?" yelled Hara.

Sulli mentally rolled her eyes. She hid the note behind her back as she crumpled the paper. Krystal and Suzy just shook their heads and signaled Sulli to leave the situation. They saw right through Jiyoung's scheme.

"Acting," said Suzy.

"What?" Sulli said in confusion.

"Acting. That's Jiyoung's forte," replied Suzy.

I know.

"Oh really? That explains...whatever happened there," said Sulli,

Suzy and Krystal decided to "drop" Sulli off of her classroom before going to their own; their teachers would probably understand why they were late. Sulli thanked her friends and waved at them. She sighed and went into the classroom. She was amazed by their brightness of the kitchen. She always dreamed about cooking in a fancy kitchen. She saw other students pulling up stools and sitting on it, obviously waiting for the teacher to arrive. She saw D.O. from her dorm and decided to sit next to him. D.O. smiled at her and they started talking. D.O. seemed like a nice oppa to Sulli. Just then, she saw something she didn't want to see....KARA's Nicole taking a seat right in front of her. Nicole smirked at her, but Sulli ignored it. Sulli took a glance at her classmates. She recognized few people from her previous classes. 

"Hello, class!" said the teacher, walking in to the kitchen. Everyone went to the nearest seat possible and glued their eyes to the teacher.

"I hope you guys are doing well! We have a lot of things to do, so let's all hurry! Also, we have a new student today. Where are you?" called out the teacher. Sulli slowly raised her hand.

"Ah! There she is!" said the teacher as everyone looked at her. As soon as they saw her, they whispered to each other...it was her.

"Her name is Choi Jinri. Her resume is amazing! First place at the International Culinary Arts Competition, first place in the county level, state level, national level, and international level! She took a few lessons from Wolfgang Puck, who personally recruited her. Amazing, amazing. And you come from an orphanage? Double the amazement!" complimented the teacher as Sulli slightly bowed. D.O. turned around and looked at her.

"Wow! That's really good!" he said. Sulli was glad D.O. was there. He was the only person in the room, besides the teacher, who was actually nice to her.

"Ok, good, good. We've gotten that out of the way. I want you guys to go make pasta, the recipe you guys learned last class. This will go on your Quiz grade! Miss Choi, here is the recipe. Yours won't count towards your grade, since today's your first day. But it's only for today, okay?" said the teacher. Sulli nodded and went to the nearest stove. She followed the recipe and cut whatever she needed to, pour whatever she needed to, and fried whatever she needed to. The teacher complimented her perfect posture. Sulli just smiled, but concentrated on her pasta. She realized she forgot the oil for the frying portion. She headed over to the cabinent, only to find several bottles. The bottles were not marked and weren't transparent, so she didn't know which was which. 

Lucky shot.

Sulli grabbed a random bottle, praying for it to be olive oil.

"Oh, Sulli, that's not oil. This is oil," said a girl, handing Sulli a different bottle. Sulli thanked her, but found out that the girl was the same girl that helped Jiyoung earlier. Why was she suddenly nice to her?

Sulli ran back to her stove. She poured the oil on the frying pan and started to cook her pasta. After about 5 minutes of cooking, Sulli was finished...and she was the first one done.

"Aw! Culinary genius is done first!" said the teacher, walking over to Sulli. Sulli nervously handed the teacher a fork and the teacher tasted it. However, she spat it out as soon as it went into . Sulli was surprised at this. What had she done wrong? She followed the recipe!

"Hon, are you sure you used oil?" said the teacher, who was now looking for water. Sulli grabbed the bottle, opened the cap, and smelled it. It sure wasn't oil...it was vinegar. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't know which was which. None of them were labelled and all," quickly apologized Sulli. The teacher told her it was fine, since it was  her first day, it was understandable that she didn't know where the supplies were. Sulli felt bad for the rest of the period. D.O. tried his best to comfort her, repeatedly telling her people make mistakes. Sulli weakly smiled at him and thanked him. In the corner of her eye, she saw Nicole and the girl talking seriously, glancing towards Sulli's direction a couple of times.

So it was Nicole's doing....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sulli was tired. Attending Genie High School was not an easy thing...especially since she's poor. As soon as she got into her (and Victoria's) room, she flopped on the bed. She had homework to do, but they were all easy. She streched and squirmed around the bed. She was dismissed earlier than Krystal...Sports had an extra hour of practice. She glanced outside the window. She saw Krystal running around the track with other Sports forte-ers.

Go Krystal Go!

She also saw Taemin. His sweat was rolling down the side of his head, which Sulli found attractive...

SULLI! SNAP OUT OF IT! HE'S THE ENEMY! THE BAD PERSON!

Sulli walked around the room, trying to get rid of the image. She went to the living room of the f(x) dorm. Amber and Luna were laughing at the TV. Sulli joined them, as they watched the re-run episodes of Running Man. Sulli found herself laughing as well and easily forgot about Taemin and her horrible day at school. As soon as the program was over, Amber turned the TV off.

"So how was your first day?" she asked.

"Tiring!" complained Sulli.

"I heard that you talked back at y KARA!" said Luna enthusiastically.

"I guess?" shrugged Sulli.

"Do you know Jiyoung well? I heard you two were bickering a couple of times," asked Amber.

"I don't get her. She's my best friend!" complained Sulli. When Sulli was with her f(x) members, she wanted to tell them anything. They seemed like good people to be trusted with secrets.

Luna and Amber's eyes widened.

"You? Friends with Jiyoung? Kang Jiyoung? of KARA?" asked Luna with doubt.

"Yeah! She was my only friend in the orphange. We did everything together!" spilled Sulli.

"I don't think that Jiyoung is the  Jiyoung you know," said Amber cautiously.

"What? What do you mean?" asked Sulli with confusion.

"That Jiyoung is not from an orphange. She told everyone that her dad is the ambassador for Russia or something and her mom owns a chain of five-star hotels in China. Her family's not in Korea, so she spends her holidays at Gyuri's," explained Luna.

So that's why Jiyoung ignored me...and why she didn't visit me.

"No, I'm pretty sure this Jiyoung is my Egg White Jiyoung. I know my best friend's face you know. And the reason why I came to this school is because of her," explained Sulli. Amber and Luna were still doubting her. Sulli sighed and went through her phone. She picked out a pictures of both of them together and showed her unnis.

"Oh my gosh! It's true!" yelled Luna as soon as she saw the picture.

"So little Miss face Jiyoung was lying?" asked Amber.

"I guess so..." said Luna.

"Oh goody! This  will be news!" said Amber mischeviously.

"Don't tell anyone!" yelled Sulli.

"Why?" asked Amber with confusion.

"Because she told me not to," responded Sulli.

"But, Ssul, the way she treated you! That's not a best friend!' reasoned Amber.

"She may be a bit...like a jerk right now, but she'll soon come to her senses. Once a best friend, always a best friend, right?" rebutted Sulli. Amber sighed, but agreed to keep it a secret.

"But I'll use it in case of emergency," compromised Amber.

"For what?" asked Sulli.

"You saw how those girls were. If they cross the line again, this is going on the school newspaper," explained Amber.

"But..." started Sulli, but was interrupted by Krystal opening the door. She was sweating the crazy.

"Hey guys," she panted.

"Soojung, you have no  idea what I just learned!" said Amber enthusiastically.

"What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took about twenty minutes to tell Krystal the whole story.

"Wow. Just...wow. Jiyoung, being a as always," commented Krystal.

"Don't worry! Just hang out with me and Suzy, and you'll be fine!" she assured Sulli, "We'll be better friends than her."

"You already are!' said Sulli. Krystal opened her arms to hug Sulli, but Sulli ran away from her.

"No hug until you go shower!" she said. Krystal, who was excited about the news, forgot to shower. She ran into the bathroom to get rid of her stickiness. Sulli smiled. She didn't mind replacing Jiyoung with Suzy and Krystal.

Or taking away Taemin from her...

Sulli had to slap herself again. Face of an angel, personality of a devil. Nobody liked those kinds of guys. But Sulli couldn't stop thinking about him. There was something about him that she can't forget....but she didn't know what.

"Let's go out to celebrate Sulli's first day!" yelled Luna.

"We should! We should go to my dad's restaurant in Japan!" agreed Amber.

"Japan?!" asked Sulli with shock.

"Yup! We can take my private jet and fly over to Japan and back!" said Amber.

Boy...these kids are...rich.

Krystal came out of the shower and Victoria entered the dorm.

"Hi, unni!" greeted Sulli cheerfully.

"SULLI! How was your first day?" asked Victoria.

"Fun! But tiring..." answered Sulli.

"She defeated KARA during lunch today," informed Krystal.

"Really?" said Victoria in amazement. Sulli just shrugged.

"I guess I'm happy for you, but please to mess around with those girls," begged Victoria.

So this is why they all call her Vic Omma...

"Yes...Mother," joked Sulli. Everyone in the room laughed.

"Why are you home so late?" asked Sulli.

"Did you have a date with Nichkhun oppa?" asked Luna eagerly. Victoria shyly nodded and the two squealed.

"Nichkhun is Victoria's boyfriend..." sighed Krystal, showing Sulli a picture of Nichkhun.

"Awww! They're perfect together," commented Sulli.

"They're a dak-sal couple...I can't stand them without getting goosebumps," whispered Krystal. The two maknaes laughed.

"Hurry up! The jet's coming any minute now!" urged Amber.

"Where are we going?" asked Krystal.

"Amber wants to go to Japan for dinner tonight," said Luna.

"OOOH! That'll be fun!" said Victoria. Just then, they heard a knock on the door. Confused, Sulli bravely went up and opened it. She find the five members of SHINee in front of her.

"Japan? Can we come?" asked Minho.

"I-uh..." stuttered Krystal.

"Of course!" said Amber. Her eyes lit as if she thought of some kind of plan. The five SHINee members high-fived each other. Sulli found herself staring at Taemin's flawless face. She knew what she was attracted to...his eyes...those eyes...