TEN.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

The members of f(x) and miss A cheered and smiled in front of a surprised Suzy. f(x) was over at miss A's dorm in the JYP building to celebrate the miss A maknae's birthday. Suzy smiled as was close to crying.

"Thanks, unnis! Thanks, Ssul, Krys," she choked. The two f(x) maknaes ran over to SUzy and hugged her. The elders of miss A and f(x) smiled as they excused themseles to set up the food Fei and Victoria prepared.

"Wait, where were  you at?" asked Sulli as they broke the hug.

"Myungsoo oppa wanted to see me..." Suzy whispered.

"Myungsoo? L from Infinite, right?" asked Krystal curiously. Suzy nodded.

"Didn't he like you ever since middle school or something? Oh wait, he auditioned for Genie because of you!" teased Krystal while laughing. Suzy lightly punched Krystal's arm. Sulli nodded as she intook this valuable information.

"I'm hungry," complained Suzy who was trying to change the subject. The others nodded as they walked wherever their noses took them.

"Victoria unni's food," commented Krystal when she saw her treasure.

"And Fei unni's!" drooled Suzy. The elders laughed when they saw the maknaes running to the table and devouring the food.

---

"Mos delicious food ever!" commented Krystal. The three friends were full from the yummy foods and were left at miss A's dorm; the others left the house and went to f(x)'s dorm to give the girls some privacy.

"Presents!" shouted Krystal, leading Suzy and SUlli to the pile of presents.

"Open mine first!" said Krystal hyperly, handing Suzy a big box. SUzy quickly and excitedly unwrapped the box.

"KRYSTAL! THE NEW TORY BRUCH BAG! IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!" yelled Suzy, who was a bag fanatic.

"My mom had a conference for the upcoming Tory Bruch show. They gave her all the clothes, shoes, and bags, in which she gave to me. Thought of you when I saw this and it is your birthday, so it all falled into pieces perfectly!" explained Krystal. Suzy hugged Krystal with enthusiasm.

She opened all the other gifts: clothes from expensive brands from her miss A unnis, two (!) Dr. Beats from Amber ("Red and purple! They're so pretty!"), gifts certificates for the most expenive restaurants from Luna and Victoria (I want those...) and at last, Sulli's. Sulli was nervous...her present wasn't as expensive as the others. She anxiously handed Suzy her gift, predicting the disappointment in Suzy's face.

"Sulli....this is really pretty!" awed Suzy as she took out a bracelet from the box. It had an infinity pendant; Sulli got it for half off online, in which she was lucky that it was affordable, considering her budget. Krystal was also mesmerized by the sparkling bracelet as Sulli sighed in relief.

"Sorry. It's kind of crappy...The infinity represents that I wish our friendship can last forever!" explained Sulli, thinking of her friendship with Jiyoung.

"Ssul, it's not crappy! And sometimes, it's nice to receive gifts that aren't fancy. Don't worry, Sulli, our friendship will be nothing like your "friendship" with Jiyoung!" assured Suzy. Sulli smiled as she rubbed her cellphone accesory.

"I love you guys!" said Krystal form out of the blue, leading the others into a group hug.

"I can't believe it's been close to two months since Sulli came!" said Suzy.

"And I spent a week of detention...three more weeks to go," groaned Sulli.

"It's okay! It'll go by fast!" cheered Suzy.

"By the way, Sulli, when's your birthday?" asked Krystal.

"It's in two days...this coming Tuesday," replied Sulli. Krystal and Suzy looked at her with surprise.

"Wait, really?" asked Krystal. Sulli nodded.

"But I see no point in celebrating it," she explained. It was true. It may  be Sulli's birthday, but it is also the day her parents died. She completely erased that day, but the date still haunted her. She successfully forgot about how her parents died and everything about them...but, from that day on, she never celebrated her birthday. Back at the orphanage, Jiyoung would get her a little cake every year; but no presents, singing, or "Happy Birthday!"s. Jiyoung, who was the only person that knew about her parent's death, never said "Happy Birthday," knowing it would hurt Sulli. She, however, always shared a little cake. Sulli always felt guilty on her birthday...it was the happiest day of her life for ten years, but now it was the darkest day of her life.

"No point? But it's your birthday!" argued Krystal.

"Reasons, reasons..." responded Sulli. She felt like crying when she thought about her parents, but she managed to smile to prevent the tears from crying.

"Let's have cake!"  she said with a big smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hyung, I know why you're here early."

Jonghyun put his cup of coffee down and looked up from his book.

"What are you talking about?" he asked the younger.

"The week of Silence in Korea is this week. The week when the whole nation remembers the dead royal family. You hate sad and depressed things," reasoned the boy.

"I guess...it's also the week I lost someone I love. The pain when that week comes....you won't know. You're too young to understand," responded Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun-ge! I'm only an year younger than you!" compained the boy. Jonghyun laughed.

"Hyung, it's hyung!" scolded Jonghyun.

~.~

"I hate morning detention!" complained Jiyoung as she pouted to Taemin. He smiled at his girlfriend as he massaged her shoulders. Jiyoung let out a giggle.

"I have the best boyfriend in the world!" she yelled, kissing Taemin's cheek. He laughed as he kissed the top of her head in response.

"I want to go on a date soon," she said while interwining her fingers with his.

"Wait for 3 weeks, okay?" he said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Jiyoung laughed as she fixed Taemin's tie on his uniform. The two were happily talking, stirring jealousy around the hallways. Just then, both heard girls entering the hallway, laughing.

"Them..." muttered Jiyoung in disgust. Taemin turned around and saw Krystal, Suzy, and Sulli coming in. He felt his heart racing. There it is again. Even though he was with Jiyoung, Taemin was enticed by Sulli.

She's really pretty even if she's just wearing an uniform...

Taemin shook his head to come back to his senses. He fet like his head was about to explode.

"Oh look, here comes the peasant queen," Taemin said coldly. Jiyoung laughed evily. BUt the girls ignored him and went to their respective classrooms.

 

The bell ran and everyone sat in their assigned seats. The teacher entered and the whole classroom was pin quiet.

"Remind for everyone that it is the week of Silence. Lunch is purposely extended for all the faculty and students this whole week to visit the palace and to pay respect for the Royal Family, since this school was sponsored and founded by the king himself for his two children. And as you guys may know, his dream, unfortunately, didn't come true. Sulli, you're exempted from this because you have only been a student for two months. But the rest of you, you guys are required to go," explained the teacher. Taemin sighed. Every year, Jonghyun would excuse himself and Taemin from attending.

Same goes to this year...but why, hyung?

Jonghyun would always be at China during the week of Silence and Taemin wanted to go with him.

"Okay, let's start class!" announced the teacher. Taemin went to his I-know-this-already-so-let-me-sleep mode, but his eyes automatically wandered over to Sulli. His heart was going to explode whenever she did something little, such as tucking her hair behind the ear or lookin up to the teacher while tapping her pencil on her chin. Just then, he felt a piece of paper bump into the heel of his foot.

"Whoops..." he heard. He picked it up to give it to the owner behind him: Krystal. Before giving it back to her, he quickly glanced at the paper with curiousity.

Ideas for Sulli's Birthday

(TOMORROW! PRIORITY!)

Krystal quickly snatched the piece of paper from his hand and hid it behind her school binder.

"Thanks," she said quietly as she went to pay attention to the teacher. Taemin turned around to pay attention too, but his head was on something else.

It's Sulli's birthday tomorrow...?

~.~

"Let's go tomorrow," said Suzy. The three friends were enjoying their extended lunch as Suzy and Krystal were talking about going to the palace.

"Why am I exempted? I wanted to hang out with you guys..." complained Sulli.

"Only students who have been at this school for at least 6 months are allowed to attend," explain Krystal sympathetically. Sulli pouted.

"But Taemin's always exempted and he has been at this school for such a long time," suspected Suzy.

"So weird. But Jonghyun sunbae excuses himself and Taemin," Krystal investigated. The two just shrugged as they went back to eating.

"The story of the Royal Family is so sad..." commented Sulli.

"I know...poor Royal children," sighed Krystal.

"I heard rumors that the Vice President killed them to gain the monarchy power. Some say the king killed his family and, in the end, killed himself because of the guilt," told Suzy.

"Dang..." sighed Sulli.

"Sad story...and the current king isn't even going to marry anyone and there's like no heirs! They better find one or else the Vice President would become king. He looks cold and scary," said Suzy, who has seen him before personally because her father was an ambassador for the country.

"BUt how will they find a heir?" asked Sulli as she tossed her salad around with her fork.

"Not sure," shurgged Krystal.

~.~

"Let me hold your bag for you!"

"What kind of shampoo do you use? Your hair is so smooth!"

KARA fangirls were surrounding them as the whole group were getting off the bus and heading to the Royal Palace. 

"It's so hard to be popular," said Gyuri boldly.

"I love her confidence!" yelled one of the fangirls.

"Jiyoung! You and Taemin are so cute together! I'll ship you guys forever!" said another one. Jiyoung gave her a smile. Just then, Nicole's eyes flared up.

"Umm guys? We need a little KARA privacy moment? Do you guys mind?" sweet talked Nicole as the fangirls excitedly nodded and gave them some space.

"What's up Nicole?" asked Hara as soon as they felt safe talking.

"I forgot to tell you guys this, but you know the new girl? Sulli? Well she's technically not new though...but anyways. That keeps hitting on Taemin. And Taemin, that pure, innocent boy, is actually falling for her," informed Nicole.

"WHAT?!" yelled Jiyoung. The rest of KARA's face were dumbfounded.

"I knew she was a ..." said Seungyeon.

"That....!" screamed Jiyoung. Nicole quickly hushed her.

"That's why I have a plan...revenge," said Nicole in a low voice. The other four members curiously leaned into hear about Nicole's plans....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(NEXT DAY)

She blew on her candles and clapped happily. "Happy birthday!" Nobody was there, only the cake and herself. She turned around to see who it was, but there was nobody. She shrugged as she picked up her fork. Cake, her favorite food in the whole entire world. She sliced the cake into bite sizes with the side of her fork, but the cake suddenly turned into a pool of blood.

Sulli opened her eyes, panting, and glanced at the clock. 

Just in time...

She walked over to her closet and grabbed a random shirt and quickly put on her jeans, brushing her teeth at the same time. She looked in the mirror as she adjusted her hair pin.

Another year older...Mommy, Daddy, I miss you...I want to remember you...but I can't

~.~

(LUNCH)

"Wait, Taemin, why are you here?" asked the teacher chaperone as soon as everyone on the bus got off.

"Uh, I'm supposed to pay my respect to the Royal Family?" shrugged Taemin.

"Jonghyun signed you off, Taemin. You can go back to the school," said the teacher, leaving him behind. He could hear Krystal and Suzy laugh at him for his stupidty.

Dang it...

Taemin wanted to sneak in the palace, since he never been there before. Instead of going back to the school, Taemin decided to walk around the streets. It's been awhile since he was walking down the streets. With detention in the way, Taemin felt as if his whole world was turned upside down. And one thing kept poking his mind: Sulli. And the fact that it was her birthday, just no. He glanced at every shop he passed by. All the shops from clothing, stationary, to street vendors selling ddukbokki, waffles, and other snacks. Taemin halted when he saw a sparkling store: a jewelry store. Without hesitating, he went into the store. He cruised around the cased jewelry, all sparkling prettily. He stopped when he saw a perfect gift.

"Can I get this?"

~.~

Due to the extended lunch, all the forte classes were cancelled for the week. She was supposed to go straight to the detention room, but she went to the Culinary classroom before. Even though it took her 2 months to decided, she had to inform the teacher that she will participate in the international competition. The teacher was thrilled and excited when she heard that her best student was going to represent Genie High at the competition. Sulli smiled at her and left the classroom. She walked happily, excited for the competition that was still a couple of months away. Just then, someone covered and gripped her wrists, dragging her. Sulli tried to scream and kick, but the other person was stronger. The mystery figure lead her to a corner of the school, right underneath the staircase. The figure quickly freed her and ran away.

"HEY! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" Sulli yelled. Just then, other figures were closing in on her.

"What was that for?" mocked one of the girls, who seemed to be the leader. Sulli couldn't make out exactly who she was, but she knew who the five leaders of the group were: KARA. Just then, she felt cold water splash on her from above. One of KARA's followers dumped sewage water on her. Sulli stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Oh, that's just stage one," said Hara, as she signaled something to the others.

 

Taemin just leaned back in his chair in the detention room, eyeing at the red velvet box. He was excited to see the look on her face when she saw it. The teacher, not surprisingly, wasn't here, so the duties were listed on the whiteboard. Strangely, Sulli was no where to be seen. Even if she was late, she wasn't this late. 

Could it be? Is hyung back?

Taemin grew worried by each second.

"Did you hear? They're all egging her!" he heard a female voice outside. Taemin jerked his head back. No need to explain who "her" was...because "she" is someone he knew that needed his help. He gently set the box on the desk as he flew out of the classroom, heading towards the corner of the school...the Egging Corner.

By the time he got there, he saw Sulli covered in egg. He also saw that KARA was leading the whole riot. The whole room smelled awful...they just had to use rotten eggs. His first instinct was running over to Sulli and protecting her. When everyone saw what he was doing, they stopped and gasped with surprise. Taemin's face was only inches away from Sulli. He wiped her tears, continuously telling her it was okay.

"Taemin! What are you doing!" he heard Jiyoung scream. Taemin ignored her and put his arms around Sulli, helping her and guiding her to the detention room. He helped her sit down as he grabbed a clean towel from his backpack. He forgot that there was no forte class today, so he was carrying around his sports bag all day. He went over to Sulli and began to help her clean the egg off. But Sulli jerked her shoulders, signaling Taemin to get off.

"Sulli, I'm just trying to help..." he said. But Sulli abruptly stood up.

"HELP? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HELP AFTER WHAT YOU DID? IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO INITIATED THIS WHOLE THING! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE YOU!" she screamed. Taemin could feel his heart tearing into pieces when he heard the last part. He carefully helped Sulli sit back down...she was crying again. 

"I'm sorry, Sulli," whispered Taemin. Sulli, from the exhaustion of getting hit by eggs and drenched in water, dozed and slept, with her face on the table. Taemin didn't bother to wake her up. He left her there...detention was going to be a long night for him.

~     ~

When he got back from finishing all the duties AND cleaning up the eggs, Sulli was still sleeping. The egg in her hair dried up and she was still a mess. Sulli's phone buzzed and Taemin checked it for her.

From: Soojungiee

SSUL! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Taemin sighed. He touched the "reply" button and sent Krystal a text back for her.

To; Soojungiee

Sorry, Krys! Detention is going longer than I thought...I'll be done soon! (:

Taemin slipped the phone back to her backpack. Then, he remembered the box. He went over and opened the small box. He gently put the necklace on her neck.

"I don't know who you are, but you're changing my world. Who are you? What have you done to me?" Taemin sighed as he grabbed his backpack. He walked over to the door and turned.

"SULLI! PEASANT QUEEN! WAKE UP!" he yelled. He could see Sulli slowly open her eyes, but he quickly ran out of the door and sprinted back to the dorm. He didn't need more heart attacks tonight.

~.~

Sulli opened the door to f(x)'s dorm. She had a long day and wanted to just go home and rest.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" screamed Krystal and Suzy as soon as Sulli opened the door. She saw Krystal, Suzy, and the other miss A and f(x) members with party hats smiling at her. But once they saw the messy, tired Sulli, their faces dropped.

"Sulli! What happened?" asked Victoria as Suzy and Krystal quickly went over to her.

"Nothing..." responded Sulli.

"This isn't nothing! You smell like rotten eggs and you're a mess!" yelled Amber.

"It's nothing, guys!" protested Sulli.

"Eggs....THERE WAS AN EGGING TODAY! I didn't know it was you, though!" yelled out Jia.

"YOU GOT EGGED?" yelled Suzy and Krystal. Sulli didn't answer...she couldn't answer.

"Let's get you cleaned," said Victoria as she guided her to Sulli's bathroom.

Sulli stood there blankly as Victoria heated up the shower. She took off the necklace from her neck.

"Where'd you get this?" she asked.

"Get what?" asked Sulli.

"This," Victoria said as she held up the necklace.

"Wait, what's that?" asked Sulli.

"I don't know! It was on your neck," shrugged Victoria. Sulli eyed the beautiful, crown pendant necklace

"I...don't know," awed Sulli. The necklace was surprisingly clean. She must've receieved after the egging...but from who? How? When?

"I think the water's warm enough.." said Victoria. Sulli nodded as she saw Victoria exit her room. Sulli quickly went into the shower, relaxing her tense body and thinking about the necklace.

Sulli changed into comfortable clothes and dried her hair as she went to the living room.

"Sulli!" yelled Krystal. She and Suzy quickly ran over the Sulli and dragged her to Krystal's room.

"Guys! Stop! My wrist hurts!" complained Sulli. Both of them apologized but looked at her eagerly.

"What?" Sulli asked.

"I heard it was KARA. So, we have to seek revenge on them!" said Suzy.

"Wait, what?" asked a confused Sulli. Even before she could answer, Krystal dumped bags of clothes, shoes, and designer bags on her lap.

"Genie High School, just wait until you see the new Choi Jinri!"

_____________________________________________________

FINALLY UPDATED :D

haha sorry...im just like any other writer>< school >< -.-;

is this story getting kind of too boring? =/

anyways hope you like it?

PLEASE COMMENT :D DONT BE A SILENT READERRRR~

btw...i have nothing against KARA ^^

 its just a story~~~