SEVEN.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

Are they...kissing?

Jonghyun just stood there, looking at his brother and the new girl dumbfoundedly. Something inside of him died. He felt cringed. His phone buzzed, causing himself to snap back to reality.

From: Minhyuk

Hyung? Where are you? Can you buy some icecream before coming? Thanks xD

Jonghyun sighed. Usually, he would've laughed at his dorm's maknae's aegyo. But the sight of...that, all he could do is sigh. Heartbroken, Jonghyun slowly walked out of the building.

~.~

"What are you doing?" asked Taemin. Sulli's face and his face were only inches apart. Sulli's face turned red as she jerked her hand back. She couldn't look at his face properly. Taemin smirked.

"Couldn't resist my charms?" he asked. "I didn't know even peasants can fall for my looks, too." Sulli smirked.

"Oh please. I was just waking you up so we can go back. I want to get out of detention," explained Sulli.

"Sure sure sure," Taemin said sarcastically. Sulli just rolled her eyes and smacked his head hard. Taemin winced in pain, but followed Sulli out the door. He loved teasing the knew girl. She was so naive and her reactions were priceless. Sulli put the cleaning supplies back into the detention room. She looked everywhere for her backpack. 

"Looking for this?" she heard Taemin's voice. He was leaning against the classroom door wiith Sulli's backpack in his hand. Sulli sighed and grabbed it, but Taemin didn't give in. Sulli did her best to kick him, hit him, anything for him to give it back. But Taemin was stronger. Having his fun, Taemin handed the backpack to her. Sulli groaned and stomped out of the school building. She could hear Taemin's footsteps following her; she did her best to ignore him. And she was successful. As soon as she got in front of the pink, SM dorm door, she quickly punched in the combination. She quietly opened the front door, thinking everyone else was sleeping. Taemin, on the other hand, was obnoxiously loud. Sulli covered her ears, but the last thing she heard from him was:

"Peasants. So fun to tease."

Sulli opened the f(x) room. There were four girls waiting for her on the couch.

"SULLI! WHERE WERE YOU?" screamed Krystal as soon as she saw her.

"At detention...Ended later than usual...because someone didn't help me," complained Sulli.

"Taemin didn't do anything. That jerk. Didn't you see Jonghyun sunbae? He went out looking for you," asked Krystal.

"No? I didn't even think he'd be awake!" answered Sulli.

"He must've not found you then..." Krystal said. Krystal unlocked her phone to text him, but Sulli stopped her.

"He's probably sleeping right now. Don't," said Sulli. Krystal nodded in understandment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Sulli put up with the same thing: bully. She had Krystal and Suzy by her side, which helped her feel a bit confident. But unlucky for them, they were greeted by KARA in front of the cafeteria door.

"So why'd you do it?" asked Seungyeon from out of the blue.

"What are you talking about?" Sulli asked with confusion. 

"Purposely delaying the detention workload to stay with Taemin," answered Jiyoung.

"What are you talking about? Why would I want to spend more time with that guy? He is the most annoying and conceited person I have ever met," yelled Sulli. Jiyoung looked mad.

"You didnt," she said, getting ready to fight her.

"Stay away from me," protested Sulli, but Jiyoung slapped her face. Krystal and Suzy quickly stopped her. Jiyoung, however, tried to free herself from their grips. Nicole and Hara pulled Krystal and Suzy away from Jiyoung as Seungyeon and Gyuri gripped Sulli.

"You do not want to mess with us," said Jiyoung, getting ready to slap her again.

"HEY!" yelled a voice. Krystal and Suzy smiled at the sight of the owner. Jonghyun. The five quickly stopped what they were doing and tried to look innocent.

"Didn't I tell you guys that if I ever saw you guys bullying, this will go to the teacher?" he asked seriously.

"I don't recall," said Hara flirtatiously. However, Jonghyun didn't fall for that.

"Don't worry, you guys will be serving detention for the rest of the year," said Jonghyun as he scribbled their names down on a paper. The five softly cheered. Jonghyun looked up and saw the reaction. He smirked at their stupidity. They were bullying Sulli on purpose! So that Jiyoung can spend detention with Taemin!

"Oh, and you guys are serving morning detention. The teacher will be expecting you guys 4AM in the detention room for the rest of the year," informed Jonghyun. Their faces hardened.

"MORNING DETENTION?!" they yelled in unison. Jonghyun quickly rounded Sulli and her friends and guided them into the cafeteria. He seated the three friends and went to go get them something to drink.

"What's up with him? He's always like right there when we need him," said Krystal.

"OOOH! I feel something going on between you two," teased Suzy.

"What are you talking about? It's only been a couple of days since I've met him," reasoned Sulli.

"He usually doesn't talk to any lower classmen," continued Suzy. Sulli rolled her eyes and Krystal and Suzy laughed. Jonghyun brought four tall glasses of smoothies. Krystal and Suzy quickly grabbed a cup each and started to sip it.

"Where were you last night?" asked Jonghyun.

"What are you talking about? I was at detention!" answered Sulli. 

"Krystal texted me saying you weren't at your dorm. Do you know how crazy worried I was?!" asked Jonghyun.

"Sorry, sunbae! I'll make it up to you!" said Sulli apologetically.

"There is  something you can do," he said. Sulli eagerly bounced up and down.

"I'll do it!" she yelled. 

Jonghyun whispered something in Sulli's ear. Her eyes were full of doubt, but agreed to it anyways. And in Krystal and Suzy's head, they were making up some couple names for the two...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin sighed as he buttoned up the last button of his flannel. Sports forte was over, so he headed to detention. He didn't get the chance to say goodbye to Jiyoung; she seemed pretty upset getting morning detentions for the rest of the year. Taemin smiled to himself at the thought of seeing Sulli. He loved teasing her, making fun of her, seeing her weird reactions, her beautiful eyes, her hair...Taemin shook his head. What did he just say? He had a girlfriend: the most prettiest girl in the whole entire school and he thought of what? Taemin opened the door of the detention room, only to see that it was empty. He looked around. Where was Sulli?

"Here," the teacher stood up and gave him a list of detention chores.

"Where's Sulli?" asked Taemin curiously.

"She's serving her detention with the school president."

~.~

"Are you sure about this?" asked Sulli. Jonghyun just nodded. He had told the teacher that he would give Sulli her detention, since he needed some help. But in fact, he was taking Sulli out of the school and to the city. The two were walking down the busy streets.

"What are we going to do?" asked Sulli curiously.

"Have fun," said Jonghyun simply. "Since you're not calling me to give you a tour, I might as well just take you outside and tour Seoul."

Sulli laughed.

"Sorry, sunbae! But I don't have a phone!" responded Sulli.

"You don't?!" exclaimed Jonghyun. Sulli shook her head innocently. Jonghyun smiled at her cuteness as he dragged her into the nearest cellphone store.

Sulli awed at the sight of all the phones. She wished to keep one of them, but all she came here for was to assist her new "detention teacher" Jonghyun. Jonghyun was looking at each phone carefully. In the end, he chose the newest Galaxy phone. He signed the paperwork and gave the staff his credit card. After the transaction, Jonghyun found Sulli as the two of them went outside. 

 

"Did you find everything you need?" asked Sulli. Jonghyun nodded as he reached inside the bag and handing Sulli a rectangular box. 
 
"What is it?" asked a confused Sulli.
 
"Open it," urged Jonghyun. Sulli obeyed and found a beautiful white phone. 
 
"It's just my way of saying 'Welcome to Genie High' as president," argued Jonghyun. 
 
Sulli thanked him as she started to explore her new phone. Jonghyun laughed. 
 
"I saved my phone number so text me anytime," said Jonghyun. Sulli nodded excitedly. He had to guide the bunny-eyed Sulli to their next destination. 
 
They went to a lot of shops. Jonghyun bought Sulli so many items she didn't know she could have it. She felt slightly bad, but she was pretty happy. She ate food that she never tried before...her orphanage was isolated from the city, so she never tried food her same-aged friends ate. 
 
Jonghyun and Sulli were walking around. Sulli kept touching her new hairband Jonghyun bought her. They stopped in front of a dark palace. 
 
"Why is it so gloomy and creepy here?" asked Sulli. 
"Well...Korea is a half-monarchy and half-democracy. We have the line of heirs for the kings...and we also have a vice-president, but we don't elect them every four years...whenever a vice-president dies, the people elect a candidate. The current king is pretty sick and there are no other heirs," explained Jonghyun. 
 
"No heirs?" asked Sulli. 

"Yup. About seven years ago, the whole royal family was killed. Everyone. The king, the queen, the first prince, and the young princess. It was the most tragic deaths in Korea's history. The only blood-related heir was the king's younger brother, the current king. He didn't get married and had no children. He ruled the country with guilt because of his brother's death/ As of now, there are no known relatives of the king. I'm pretty sure they're going to investigate more to find a heir," Jonghyun explained/

"What if nobody is the heir?" Sulli asked.

"Then the Vice President becomes king and the line of heirs would restart from there," answered Jonghyun with disgust.

"But how did they die?" asked Sulli.

"Nobody knows...many say it was an attack," responded Jonghyun. Sulli nodded as she looked around the gloomy palace.

"The whole kingdom is dedicating this month to remember the dead royal family," said Jonghyun.

"Oh..." responded Sulli. She, very vividly, could imagine blood all over the ground of the palace....so vivid that she almost fainted. Luckily, Jonghyun held on to her.

"Let's go. We'll come back again after the memorial. Too depressing," said Jonghyun as he helped her. Sulli nodded as her head started to spin. Jonghyun, with his quick senses, got Sulli a water bottle. She thanked him as she gulped down the water. Then, she heard a voice in her head:

"Save yourself..."

 

It was dark when Jonghyun and Sulli arrived at school.

"Sunbae, I had fun today! Thank you!" said Sulli.

"Do all of those hair accessories everyday to school, okay?" confirmed Jonghyun who was referring to all the hair accessories he bought for her. Sulli cutely nodded as she left waving at him.

Next time, let's go on a double sided date...

~.~

Sulli was walking to the dorm, when she sensed that someone was following her. She quickly became scared as she picked up her speed. Just then, something jumped in front of her.

"YAH!" it screamed. Sulli let out a loud scream.

"YOU PEASANT! DITCHING DETENTION WITH MY HYUNG?" that...thing was Taemin. Sulli became depressed as soon as she saw him. Sulli ignored him and quickly walked past him. Taemin continued to yell at her, repeatedly saying it was unfair that he did all the work today. She covered her ears as she smirked.

Hmph. That's what happened to me yesterday.

Just then, her new phone rang. Sulli quickly got it out and saw that Jonghyun sent her a text.

From: Jonghyun Sunbae

Good night, Sulli! Think of me when you sleep ^^

_______________________________________________

cheesy last line xD

btw guys...korean government isnt half monarchy half democracy...just letting you guys know xD