SEVENTEEN.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

"No, your Highness, you're supposed to grip the grip like this! How many times do I have to tell you?" scolded the fencing teacher.

Sulli sniffed and felt tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Thank god that she had her mask on, or else the teacher would've scolded her for crying like a baby. Sulli was a slow learner when it comes to sports; she absolutely hates sports. 

Yet Taemin is a sports conservatory....

She made her eyes stare at the clock:

11:58PM.

If she turned her head to see the clock, the teacher would've literally whipped her with the fencing sword.

"Okay, your Highness. I know this is your first day and all, but I expect so much from you. I'll see you tomorrow for your lesson," her teacher said while exiting the room. Sulli quickly took off her mask as the tears she held onto came streaming down her face. She heard feet shuffling from the door.

Maids. Sulli wiped her tears with her sleeves and pretended to be strong.

"Nice first day, your highness," complimented the main. Sulli smiled as she thanked her. The two maids escorted her to her room. Sulli politely told the maids that she would like some private time as she entered her big room.

Sulli quickly showered and brushed her teeth. If there was a competition on who can brush their teeth, shower, and change into their PJs the quickiest (yet being clean), she probably would've snagged the gold medal. She literally ran to her bed and flopped on to it. Her feets were sore for the fencing practice and ballet lesson. It was only her first day...of many. She groaned and felt tears forming again. Being a princess was challenging...after all, she never asked to be one. She just wanted to have a normal high school where she would hang out with her friends, study hard and worry about college, and maybe even get a boyfriend. Just when she was about to fall asleep, she heard a knock on the door. Sulli's eyes shot open with surprise as she sat up. Her main maid walked in.

"I'm sorry if I've awaken your sleep, but a very important schedule for tomorrow has come up," explained the maid.

"Oh I wasn't sleepy," lied Sulli. The maid slightly smiled.

"Your uncle arranged to have a parade to welcome you to the palace," announced the maid.

"A parade...?" asked a dumbfounded Sulli.

"Yes. You're schedule will be altered. You will wake up at the same time, but will go right to dress fitting and straight to the parade area. Afterwards, you will have your sports lessons at the same time you had them today," explained the maid.

"Oh joy..." murmured Sulli who hoped that her sports lesson would have been canceled.

"Thank you," she said with her signature eye smile. The maid bowed as she headed towards the door. As soon as the maid left, Sulli pulled her blanket over head and cried herself to sleep.

~Next Morning~

"Would you like this dress or this one?" asked her stylist, showing her a black and white dress and a pink dress.

"I don't really care, but will I be able to walk in those?" Sulli asked who honestly wasn't in a mood to admire the beautiful dresses.

"You'll be standing in a car anyways," commented the stylist as she ordered her assitants to help her in the black and white dress. But Sulli wasn't listening at all. Her new life was simply tiring and she wanted to go back her old life...well old as in her high school life. 

When the maids were finished, they awed Sulli's beauty.

"Your Highness, it's perfect!" complimented the maid.

"Thank you," whispered Sulli with a not-so-bright smile.

"Time to get you in the float," informed another maid while helping Sulli walk.

~.~

"What do you think Sulli's doing right now?" asked Krystal.

It was a break between period 1 and period 2. She was with Suzy, and surprisingly, with Kai, Sehun, Taemin and his 93 line. Ever since Sulli's departure, all the SM residents had been spending time with each other and became tight.

"Probably princess training..." commented Kai. Taemin's face darkened. Suzy nudged Kai...HARD...in the stomach.

Sehun, who was searching the web on his iPhone, gasped loudly. Everyone around him turned and looked at his surprised face.

"Hun-ah, are you okay?" asked Sungjong.

"The....uhh..what...wait..." stuttered Sehun.

"Spill it out!" yelled Kai, shaking his shoulders.

A furstrated Krystal snatched Sehun's phone from his hands. In a matter of 5 seconds, her facial expression was an exact replica of her cousin's (aka Sehun).

"It's an article about Sulli!" screamed Krystal.

"Read it! Read it!" yelled Suzy as she jumped up and down. Taemin's eyes lightened up when he heard Sulli's name.

"Too long don't read," said Kai who was an extremely lazy person to actually read words.

"There's a parade today at about 4 and Sulli's the main attraction. And, oh my freakin gosh, the preview of her dress...it is GAH-ORGEOUS," said Krystal.

"I guess we have a parade to go to!" yelled Suzy as everyone in their group cheered. Taemin's lips curled a little bit but inside, he was glowing and couldn't wait to see Sulli's beautiful face.

~.~

"It's easy, your Highness. Stand there and be pretty and don't forget to smile and wave!" said the male designer as everyone helped a Sulli with a huge dress. She could swear that the male designer was gay.

"Don't worry, I've got this," Sulli said with a smile...a fake smile. She's been fake smiling for such a long time that it's becoming more and more at this acting thing. She should've taken acting instead of cooking (haha).

"Everything's gonna start in 20 seconds!" yelled the parade manager.

And the countdown begins!

Sulli wobbled a bit on top of the stage (attached to a truck). Beauty always comes with a price. She was also getting an extremely bad headache.

"Do you have an aspirin, Mrs. Lee?" Sulli asked the nearest maid next to her.

"What happened, your Highness?" asked the maid, worried.

"I'm getting a headache," explained Sulli.

"And we're on!" she heard the parade manager yell as the truck started the engine. Both Sulli and the maid had shock on their faces.

It's okay, Choi Jinri, you've got this. I've survived a headache for a whole day once...a couple of hours won't be too bad...hopefully.

~.~

"Guys, hurry! It's almost going to start!" yelled Kai who was running ahead of the running group that included Krystal, Suzy, Sehun, Taemin, and himself.

"A perfect spot right here!" informed Suzy, pointing an open spot in front of the national bank.

"I feel so unwanted with the yellow caution tape and security guards all around," complained Kai.

"Hyung, you either quit the whining or go back to the dorm and get your lazy to the couch in front of the brain TV," threatened Sehun.

"Why did we even run? My phone app tells me Sulli's float won't be here until at least an hour later," asked Krystal.

"There's an app for Sulli?" asked Taemin (who wanted to downloaded the app if there were pictures of beautiful Sulli).

"Let's just sit here and enjoy D.O. hyung's kimchi spaghetti," said Kai, sitting down and taking out a Tupperware full of spaghetti.

"You and your eating habits..." sighed Taemin.

~.~

50 minutes has past and Sulli's headache just kept getting worse and worse. But of course, she didn't forget to smile and wave at everyone. The citizens of Korea hollered when they saw their princess; they, mostly the middle aged to old aged men and women, haven't seen  the young princess for more than 10 years.

8 minutes later.

She swore that the national bank up ahead was spinning. And she swore that the sun was setting....at 5pm? And the sun sets at at least 9pm.

And then the light switched off and she swore her head was on the ground...

...as she slowly lost touch with reality...

~.~

"I SEE IT! I SEE IT!" yelled Sehun.

The empty Tupperware's and cards were flying. Everyone was jumping up and down.

And there she was...the beauitful Sulli....HIS beautiiful Sulli. Taemin's mouth curled up automatically at the scene of Sulli in a beautiful dress.

"She's so pretty! I could seriously believe she's the princess," commented Krystal with a very little hint of jealousy.

"SULLI! SULLI!" yelled Kai, flaring his hands like a maniac. But Sulli was dazing at something, looking like she would become a zombie any second.

"SSUL! CHOI JINRI! LOOK OVER HERE!" yelled Krystal and Suzy.

Taemin could see that Sulli was swaying...not from the car, but...

"OH MY GOD!" yelled Suzy. Gasps were heard all around the crowd and the parade abruptly halted. Taemin, without thinking twice, jumped over the caution tape. The security guards tried their best stop Taemin; but he managed to make his way through the crowd of security guards. His superior atheletic skills helped him jump up to the stage.

"SULLI? ARE YOU OKAY?" he yelled at a Sulli.

Yes, the princess has happened during a national event.

~.~

"Mr. Vice-President, sir, I think the princess needs a break," adviced a maid.

"Why?" asked Mr. Lee as he sipped his tea, gazing out at the sight of Seoul's skyline.

"She looks really stressed! I worry her, sir. She's been an ordinary girl who forgot her past but now the whole nation is in her hands! She's overwhelmed...I hear her cry every night," the maid explained.

"I see..." was all the man could say, taking another sip from his teacup. The maid stared at him, feeling uncomfortable and impatient in waiting for his response.

"The whole nation IS in her hands," Mr. Lee finally opened his mouth. "And her future doesn't look too bright."

"What do you mean, sir?" asked the confused maid.

"Tell Butler Ki to come in," he said, ignorning the maid's question.

The flustered maid mumbled an "yes" and quickly scurried out the room. About ten seconds later, Mr. Lee heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," sighed the man as he set his china and stood up from his leather couch.

"Did you call me,sir?" asked the butler formally when he entered the room/

"I have a mission for you," said Mr. Lee.

"Yes, sir," said the bitler, listening to his boss attentitively.

"First things first: do you happen to remember the names of the princess's friends' names?" asked Mr. Lee.

"I remember reading their name tags: Jung Soojung and Bae Suzy. I overheard that Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun were too," responded the butler.

"Jongin and Sehun are Taemin's friends, correct?" asked the Vice President.

"I'm not sure, sir," responded Butler Ki.

"Alright. Bring all four of them here by tomorrow. And call in Taemin and Jonghyun while you're at it. I have something to say to them," ordered Mr. Lee.

"Yes, sir," the butler replied promptly.

"And move the princess's ballet lesson to the morning for tomorrow," continued the man.

"I will inform the instructor," responded the butler.

"Also, add more classes to the princess's schedule," said Mr. Lee shortly.

"But she's already having a hard time with the schedule she has right now," stuttered the butler.

"Exactly," was the word that slipped out of the man's mouth before heading to his next schedule.

____________________________________________________________

finally an update~

and taemins starting wgm with apink's naeun (first episode today!) D:

i admit they look good together tho!

but it wont stop taelli fans from writing more fanfics ^_____________^

and please comment<3

loveyoumybootifulreadahs~