EIGHT.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

Sulli actually took some time in front of her mirror the following morning. When she was satisfied, she swung her backpack and head out to the living room. She was happy...yesterday was a great day. She was exempted from detention to go on a date with the most perfect guy in school, she was gifted with a lot of pretty hair acccessories, and her room was finally finished. Once outside, she was greeted with three happy faces.

"Sulli! I really like your hairband!" cried Luna as she admired the sparkling butterfly pendant on Sulli's hair. Sulli responded with a smile.

"So how was your date with Jonghyun sunbae?" teased Krystal as she linked her arms with Sulli. Sulli pouted as she playfully hit Krystal's arm. The two friends laughed as they head out of f(x)'s dorm's door. They were greeted by D.O. and Kai of EXO.

"Hi oppa, hi Kai!" greeted Sulli. Both greeted her back.

"What's up?" asked Krystal.

"Nothing..." replied D.O. shyly as Kai rolled his eyes.

"Is anyone still in your room?" asked D.O. curiously.

"Luna unni and Amber unni," responded Sulli. D.O.'s eyes beamed as Kai rolled his eyes again.

"Hyung, I'm not going to wait with you. I don't want to be late to school because of you," Kai said as he dragged Sulli and Krystal with him.

"B-but..." started D.O., but they three were already out of the buliding.

"What just happened?" asked Sulli curiously.

"Nothing..." groaned Kai. All Krystal did was grin.

"By the way, Sulli, you look pretty with your hairband," complimented Kai with a smile.

"Thanks! But it's such a mismatch with...this," complained Sulli as she looked down on her simple clothes. She was embarrassed; even Kai had a better taste of fashion than her! Kai laughed.

"You look pretty in anything," he said while ruffling her hair.

"OOOH! Sulli has so many fanboys~ First it's Jonghyun sunbae, now its Jonginnie?" teased Krystal. Kai justed laughed and Sulli covered her hand over Krystal's mouth.

"Do you want people to kill me?" Sulli hissed. Kai was the third most popular guy in school. If the girls found out what Krystal had just said, Sulli probably wouldn't be able to go to school the following day.

Once they got to the school building, they said bye to Kai, who had class on the other side of the school. The girls entered the school door and unfortunately saw KARA and Taemin right in front of the entrance. They could hear the KARA girls snicker.

"Is she blind?" said Gyuri.

"She really thinks that matches with...that?!" commented Seungyeon.

"Peasants have no taste in fashion...duh," said Jiyoung.

"And that hairband was so last year," said Hara.

Sulli sighed. It was like a habit now...every morning she has to deal with KARA's gossips. Krystal patted her on the back, cursing the mean girls under her breath. They could feel six pairs of eyes looking at them. To Sulli's surprise, Taemin didn't say anything. She saw Jonghyun walking towards her. She put on her best smile and waved at him. Krystal waved, too, but with an evil smile.

"Sulli! You didn't break my promise! You look so pretty with the hairband I bought you!" said Jonghyun loudly. Sulli smiled and thanked him. 

What? You bought her a...what?

~.~

Taemin was about to fall asleep. He was in his second to last period of the day...Biology. He already knew all of these stuff...but if he was caught sleeping, he would have to do gum duty AND detention. Just then, everyone heard a knock from the classroom door. The whole room had their eyes on the door as it slowly opened. When they saw who the visitor was, all the girls started to squeal while Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Ah! Mr. School President! What brings you here?" asked the teacher.

"Hello, Mr. Kim. Can I steal my brother for the day? I've already gotten permission from the school. He'll be back by forte class," explained Jonghyun.

"If the school said so...Lee Taemin! You're excused! I'll give the homework to Baekhyun...make sure you get it from him!" informed the teacher. Taemin quickly packed his backpack and ran out the door.

Finally. FREEDOM!

"Thanks, hyung," Taemin said as the two walked out of the school building.

"What for?" asked Jonghyun.

"I was dying in Biology!" complained Taemin. Jonghyun laughed as they approached the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" asked Taemin.

"Just...I thought we could just hang out...you know, brother time?" answered Jonghyun. Taemin nodded. He liked the idea. His older brother was like a best friend to him. He just loved him...but nowadays Jonghyun was too busy to hang out with Taemin...and the whole "Don't Bully Sulli" thing drifted the two apart...just by a little.

Before he knew it, Taemin was sitting in a cafe while Jonghyun set a cup of Iced Coffee in front of him. Taemin sipped it, eyeing Jonghyun at the same time. There was a silence...

"So, hyung, when are you going back to China?" asked Taemin. Jonghyun took a trip to China once a month for a week for his internship. Some internship.

"Tomorrow," Jonghyun said simply as he went back drinking his Caramel Latte.

"Are you going to visit dad before?" asked Taemin cautiously.

"Nope. I never do," responded Jonghyun.

Taemin just nodded. His hyung and his dad had a rocky relationship...and he didn't even know why. The two ran away from home when they were young. Being the young self he was, Taemin learned from his brother to hate his father, too. When Jonghyun was a first year at Genie, Taemin lived in the dorms and went to a middle school near by. They were just glad to find shelter, after being "fostered" by...well he couldn't exactly remember whose house they stayed in. When Jonghyun was in his second year of high school, their father found them and tried to convince them to come back. But Jonghyun and his father fought even more, causing the brothers to win their stay at the school. After that, they lost contact with him. Taemin went to visit their father once every six months because of the guilt he had. There was no reason why he had to be angry at him...maybe for yelling at Jonghyun?

"And Taemin, one more thing," said Jonghyun, breaking Taemin's thoughts, "Can you look after Sulli for me when I'm gone?"

Sulli?

"Hyung, why? She's from an orphanage! And she tried to beat up Jiyoung!" complained Taemin.

"Sulli is a nice girl. She will never do that. I'm pretty sure Jiyoung framed her," said Jonghyun.

Was he...standing up for Peasant?

"What do you know about her?" said Taemin in an annoyed tone.

"I know more about her than what you know more about your girlfriend," snapped Jonghyun.

Taemin bit his lips.

"She's a new girl and those KARA girls are bullying her," explained Jonghyun.

"Hyung, do you like her?' blurted Taemin. Taemin could see Jonghyun flinch a little.

"No. She's like a little sister to me," replied Jonghyun.

Liar. Hyung, you're a liar.

But for some reason, Taemin felt pain in his chest. Not a pain for medical reasons...just...a part of him just died?

"Okay, hyung..." responded Taemin.

~.~

Sulli sighed as she went into the detention classroom. As expected, no one was there...even the teacher wasn't there. Sulli sighed as she sat down on a desk. She took her phone out and explored it. She was so fascinated by the new and improved technology. Her orphanage was isolated from the city area; she was late in so many things. The last time she saw a cellphone, it was much smaller and had the ability to open and close by flapping it.

"Hey, peasant," she heard. Sulli sighed. The grand entrance of the jerk. Sulli ignored him and put on her earphones to listen to music. 

I love this song!

She hummed the tune as she closed her eyes. Jonghyun sent her some files he had sung with his band and of all of them, she loved Love Light the most. She fell in love with Jonghyun's soft voice...it was like a dream she could never get out of.

Taemin looked at her and he was familiar with the tune.

It's hyung's...

He wanted to take those earphones out of her ears so bad. And he did.

"HEY! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" yelled Sulli.

"WE'RE AT DETENTION, NOT RELAXING PARADISE!" Taemin said. The two tensed up the atmosphere in the classroom. Just then, Suzy came in.

"Woah! Guys! Calm down!" she said. The two obeyed, but surprised to see her here.

"Suzy! What are you doing here? Did you get detention too?!" asked Sulli.

"Nope. Sorry, Ssul. But the detention teacher had to go to a funeral or something...it was last minute so I was told to give you this," responded Suzy as she handed Sulli a piece of paper.

"Oh...thanks, Suzy!" said Sulli. Suzy gave Sulli an apologetic smile before leaving the room. Sulli opened the piece of paper as she read the list out loud:

DETENTION TASKS DAY 4:

CAFETERIA WORK

1) CLEAN UP THE KITCHEN.

2) WASH THE DISHES.

3) CHOP UP VEGETABLES FOR TOMORROW'S LUNCH.

IF NOT FINISHED BY DUE TIME, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO STAY AFTER THE TIME TO FINISH THE WORK.

Taemin sighed...He, the most popular guy in school, is stuck in the kitchen doing...girl's work. Sulli made her way out the door and Taemin trailed her like a puppy. The two stayed silent, clearly showing that Sulli was mad at Taemin for the earphone incident. Taemin was slightly sorry, but he had his own reputation to keep up with.

~30 minutes later~

The really messy kitchen was somewhat cleaned...they weren't even half way done. Sulli was putting all the dirty plates and pots into the sink while Taemin was cleaning the countertops. Sulli sighed...this was going to take forever. She put on the rubber gloves and filled the sink up with water.

Washing dishes time...

She grabbed the washing sponge and looked for the dish soap. 

Where is it...

She looked and looked until she found the bottle...that was all used up. Sulli sighed and felt like screaming. Yesterday might have been an amazing day, but today, nothing was going her way. She took the gloves off and went around the huge kitchen, looking for the soap.

"Looking for something?" asked Taemin as he scrubbed the countertop.

"Dish soap...they ran out," explained Sulli, hoping that Taemin will give her some pity to tell her where it is.

"I think I saw it in the top cabinet," answered Taemin.

"Oh, thanks," she replied bluntly. However, Sulli was too short to reach the cabinet. She had to go the five year old way: climbing on top of the countertop. She took her shoes off and started to climb.

Maybe I should've worn my shoes...then he'll have more cleaning to do.

When she reached the appropriate height, she knelt on the counter and started to rummage through the cabinet. Salt? No. Pepper? No. Sponge? No. And...SOAP! Sulli felt like rejoicing. However, the rejoicing resulted in her falling from the countertop. It all happened so sudden that she didn't know what to do. And then, she landed on something...someone...When she looked up, she was on top of Taemin, their faces only inches away from each other.

 

Taemin knew it was right to save Sulli from getting hurt. When he saw her fall, his first instinct was to catch her, which he was successful at. However, the sudden force caused him to lose his balance, causing both of them to fall on the ground, but with Sulli on top of him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Sulli. Their faces were so close. Taemin couldn't say anything. His heart started to beat...fast.

What...what's happening?

Before he knew it, Sulli quickly got off of him.

"Sorry....and thanks," she said as she ran to the sink with the soap. Taemin slowly got up, his heart still thumping. Why wasn't it calming down?

What is this?

~.~

Luckily for Taemin, because of Sulli's pro cutting skills, they were able to finish the last task in 10 minutes. The walk back to the dorm was awkward and they didn't speak to each other ever since...that  happened. Taemin ran up to SHINee's room and flopped on the couch. The rest of his hyungs were watching TV, laughing at the screen.

"Hyung, I have a question," said Taemin.

"What is it?" asked Jonghyun (KIM! :D), not paying attention to Taemin but to the TV screen.

"This is my friend's problem not mine but..." started Taemin.

"Taemin, hurry up. We need to watch what happens next," said Key.

"Fine. My friend has a girlfriend but his girlfriend hates this girl. As a boyfriend, isn't he supposed to hate her too?" asked Taemin.

"What the heck are you talking about?" asked Minho, slowly smiling at the screen.

"That girl is the enemy, right?" asked Taemin.

"Sure sure sure..." answered Onew, before the four of them burst into laughter. Taemin groaned as he went out the room and slamming the dorm. He went next door, EXO's dorm, to seek advice. When he opened the door, everything seemed so...quiet. Suho was reading a book near the window, Lay was in the kitchen, Baekhyun was doing his homework in the kitchen table, and Sehun and Kai were talking to each other on the couch.

"Uh hey guys," said Taemin awkwardly. Everyone looked up.

"Taemin! Haven't seen you in awhile!" greeted Suho. Taemin smiled at the elder. Unlike his dubu eldest hyung, Suho gave everyone a warm smile and made them feel comfortable.

"GUYS! TAEMIN'S HERE!" yelled Baekhyun, who was "supposedly" doing homework. One by one, everyone started to come out of their rooms. D.O. came out of his room with Chen and Xiumin, looking very mad.

"What's up with him?" asked Taemin.

"He's got competition," explained Xiumin.

"What competition?" asked Taemin cautiously. He knew that when D.O. gets mad, he gets really  mad and crazy.

"FREAKING HOYA FROM INFINITE...HE JUST HAS TO LIKE HER!" yelled D.O.

"Girl problems?" murmured Taemin.

"Yup," responded Chen.

"Who's the girl?" asked Taemin.

"He's not telling us...yet he goes on and on about Hoya," explained Chen.

"Hoya? From Infinite? That nerd group?" Taemin asked.

"Yup. He's been an icon these days. Amazing rap skills, good looks, sense of hip hop. I guess the girl Kyungsoo likes likes a guy like Hoya?" suggested Xiumin.

"Anyways, what brings you here?" asked Kris.

"Oh, uh, nothing much. I'll just, uhhh, borrow these two," said Taemin as he dragged Kai and Sehun into Kai's room.

"Ackk...Taem, stop gripping me!" whined Kai.

"Sorry..." he said.

"What's up, hyung?" asked Sehun. Sehun had a tendency to say hyung to everybody since he lives in a dorm filled with hyungs.

"Need your advices," stated Taemin.

"On...?" continued Kai.

"So one of my friends from the other school asked me but I didn't know the answer so I'm asking you guys, okay?" started Taemin. A confused Kai and Sehun nodded as Taemin continued on.

"So he has a girlfriend that he really loves and that girlfriend has this girl she really hates. But apparently my friend said that if he's with the girl his girlfriend hates, his heart starts to beat like crazy and his attitude starts to change when both of them are alone...do you know what this could possibly mean?" said Taemin in a rush.

"It sounds like you, Jiyoung, and Sulli," said Kai. Taemin gave his friend a kick before Kai apologized.

"Anyways, it sounds like your friend is starting to like the anti-girlfriend friend girl or whatever you call her," said Kai.

"Are you sure?" asked Taemin.

"My dear, Taemin," said Kai as he put his arm around him, "you're talking to THE Kai, THE Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin is never wrong." Taemin broke away from the half hug, half choke. 

"Sureee..." doubted Taemin.

"I mean...Hyung isn't wrong. He's like a dating expert. He had like 15 girlfriends so far," said Sehun.

"I did not have 15 girlfriends!" defended Kai.

"Yes you did," argued Sehun.

"NO!"

"YES!"

While the two were immaturally fighting, Taemin was deep in thought.

Me? Like Sulli? No way! I like Jiyoung! I like Jiyoung! I love Jiyoung! Jiyoung is my girlfriend! GAH! WHAT IS IT THEN?!

_________________________________________

CHAPTER 8 :D

honestly my eyes are slowly closing...ill revise the grammatical errors tmrw...im like about to fall asleep xP

HOPE YOU LIKED THE TAELLI MOMENT :DD CLICHE RIGHT? XD

PLEASE COMMENT :D LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I LOVEEEEE COMMENTS <3

I LOVE MY COMMENT-ORS~

AND I LOVE MY SUBSCRIBERS!!!! THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING~

now lets go write that comment XD

jkjk

enjoy the rest of the story(: