TWELVE.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

When Taemin walked into the detention room, he saw someone with curly long hair, nodding her head while listening to music. He grinned like an idiot; he just knew  it was Sulli. He quickly flattened out his smile and "casually" walked to the seat next to her. He did his best to sit down next to her as coolly as possibly, but Sulli gave him a dirty look. Taemin widened his eyes, confused. What was the dirty look for? He decided to just leave her alone for awhile...after all, Sulli was his for the next 2 hours or so. Taemin took out his phone and started to listen to his own music. He did some dance moves while sitting down, but it caused Sulli to intermittently give him annoyed looks. Just then, the detention teacher walked in. Both Taemin and Sulli silently put their phones away and the teacher gave them a weird look.

"Are you guys okay? You guys are usually loud and fighting with each other," questioned the teacher.

"It's nothing," Sulli snapped. Taemin looked at her and was very surprised at her behavior.

"Oh, well. For detention today, you guys won't be doing stuff around the school. You guys will go volunteer at an orphanage! It's a pretty old place, so your task is to paint the walls and move in new furniture and, the most important part, play with the little kids," explained the teacher. Sulli flinched at the word "orphanage."

"Sulli, I think you're familiar with this place," added the teacher. Sulli bit her lips and nodded. For a second, Taemin forgot that Sulli was from an orphanage and they were most likely going to her  orphanage.

"There would be a car waiting for you guys in the parking lot. That's your ride there and back. Well, see you guys later then," dismissed the teacher. Taemin and Sulli got up and left the building. Sulli was the first one to go out and Taemin did his best to catch up with her. But the closer he was to her, the faster Sulli got. Once they were at the parking lot, Sulli let herself in the backseat, but slammed the door even before Taemin could get in. Taemin sighed and jogged to the other side to get in there.

 

~.~

For twenty straight minutes, the car was silent. Taemin cleared his throat a couple of times: he wanted to talk to her, but he felt a bit afraid.

"So, uh, how was your birthday yesterday?" he managed to say. Sulli ignored him. Taemin could feel his cheeks burning up from embarrassment.

"Sulli-yah, why are you ignorining me?" he asked. 

"I can't believe you have the nerve to talk to me, especially after what you did yesterday," she said coldly without looking at him.

"What did I do to you?" he asked dubiously, causing Sulli to respond with a heavy sigh. And then it hit him:

HELP? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HELP ME AFTER WHAT YOU DID? IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO INITIATED THIS WHOLE THING! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE YOU!

Taemin cringed at the thought of it. He couldn't believe that Sulli thought he's the reason for the egging. But it was understandable; the situation itself was very hectic that she was really sensitive.

"Sulli, look at me," he said. But Sulli didn't budge.

"Sulli, please look at me. I have something to say," he attempted a second time. Sulli's head slightly turned, but still didn't face him.

"Sulli, look at my eyes," he said a final time. This time, she obeyed and looked at him reluctantly.

"I promise you, I had nothing to do with it. If I didn't, would I have saved you from the egging? Would I have finished the whole detention task by myself and let you rest? Would I have broken up with Jiyoung?" he said. Sulli raised her eyebrow as if she was interested in what he was going to say next.

"That's true..." she said, softening her face a little bit.

"If you want an apology, then fine. I'm sorry for dating a mean girl who is just a to her friends," he said. Taemin's eyes trailed over to the necklace she was wearing. At the sight of it, Taemin's eyes beamed and felt his lips curling up.

"But why are you so nice now?" she asked.

"Because I have a couple of more weeks of detention with you and you're not so bad," he responded. Sulli smiled and blushed a little before ending the conversation and suddenly finding the buildings outside interesting. Taemin chuckled at Sulli's cute action and felt good about clearing things up.

~.~

Soon they arrived at the orphanage and were escorted towards the preschool area. Sulli looked as if she wanted to go see someone, but just followed Taemin and everyone else. Their escorter toss them some old, baggy clothes, instructing them to go change. They did as they were told.

"You're back to Rag Princess," Taemin joked when he saw Sulli.

"Then you're the Rag Prince," she back. Taemin's heart raced when Sulli told him he was a prince.

"A very handsome one," he joked again.

"Eh, not really," she tossed the joke back. The two laughed and went to their instructor. They saw the preschoolers through the big window while walking beside the building. The cute little toddlers were sitting around the teacher, tentitavely listening to the story the teacher was reading them. Sulli smiled as she remembered the first day she was at this orphanage. She was confused where the third grade classroom was, so she accidentally went into the preschool classroom. The sight of the classroom imbued Sulli's body with the memories.

"Last week, some rebellious teenagers decided to graffiti on this side of the wall," the instructor explained as soon as they were at their destination. Taemin looked at the graffiti and surprised that there were swear words and inapprorpiate pictures on the side of a preschool

"I hope you guys don't mind painting the whole wall. Here's some paint and we really don't mind the color," explained the instructor, leaving the two alone. The two looked at the buckets of paint, brushes, and ladder they were provided with.

"Let's get started," groaned Taemin.

The two decided to color the whole wall with white and put some preschool appropriate designs. After working deligently for about 30 minutes, Taemin started to plan out a mischevious plan. He grabbed the small paintbrush and covered it with white paint. He tiptoed to the back of Sulli and held out the brush.

"Sulli!" he said. Sulli turned around, and the brush wiped across her face. Her face was divided into half by a white line.

"HEY!" she yelled. She quickly seeked her revenge and the two were working and playing around with each other at the same time. Soon, they were finished and admired their work: a huge apple tree with a couple of little kids, smiling underneath the tree. Taemin, then, covered his hand with red paint and imprinted on the corner of the wall. He motioned Sulli to do the same. She felt a bit uneasy doing it, but followed Taemin and printed her hand on it. Taemin smiled and took a picture of their masterpiece. They went back to their instructor to receive their next assignment. He told them to change back to normal clothes and to wash their dirty face and hands.

~.~

"So we're really doing the bet, huh?" asked Sehun.

It was, finally, after school and Sehun, Kai, Krystal, and Suzy were sitting on a table outside a tteokboki store. They were savoring some spicy tteokboki and calming down the spiciness with some Sprite.

"Yup," responded Suzy with tteoboki stuffed in .

"Wait, what was the bet again?" asked a dumbfounded Kai.

"Oh my gosh, Kai, we've explained it to you more than a hundred times," complained Krystal.

"I'm sorry for my hyung's stupidity," sighed Sehun.

"The bet is who Sulli's going to end up with: Taemin or Jonghyun sunbae," explained Suzy.

"And what are we going to bet on?" asked Kai with sudden interest.

"What do you guys want to bet on?" asked Krystal.

"Tteokboki buying for a week and doing each other's homework?" suggested Sehun.

"Deal," agreed Krystal, Kai, and Suzy.

"My bet's on Taemin," blurted Kai.

"Me too," chimed in Sehun.

"You guys are stupid. It'll obviously Jonghyun sunbae," attacked Krystal.

"I'm with Krys," agreed Suzy as she stuffed with more tteokboki.

"Perfect, half-half," informed Sehun.

"You guys are going to lose. I'm THE Kai! THE Kim Jongin! THE never wrong Kim Jongin!" boasted Kai.

"THE Kim Jongin with a lot of girlfriends!" mocked Sehun, which earned him a smack on the head.

"Oh, it's on," challenged Krystal.

~.~

"The preschool needs more bookshelves, since they ordered more and more books. I want you guys to build some bookshelves. Even though class isn't over yet, it's fine to just go in and start building," explained the instructor. The two nodded as they made their way into the classroom. The kids were in play time. The two teenagers quietly went to the corner of the room where boxes were waiting for them. Taemin ripped apart the boxes and together, they read the instructions and carefully started to build the bookshelves. They finished theier first one in half an hour. One down, nine more to go. When Taemin was about to open the second box, the teacher walked over to the two.

"Hey guys, thanks so much for doing this!" she said.

"No problem," responded Sulli.

"I just got a call from my husband and my sister is actually giving birth right now. I have to run over there to check on her. Do you guys mind looking over the class until I get back?" requested the teacher.

"Sure. We won't mind," answered Sulli with a big smile. The teacher repeatedly said her sorry's and thank you's before leaving.

"Why don't you go look over the little twerps while I finish making these?" suggested Taemin.

"Are you sure about working on these by yourself?" asked a worried Sulli.

"I'm fine," smiled Taemin. Sulli gave him an apologetic smile and left to go to the little groups of little kids.

"Noona! Look at this!" Taemin heard a little boy. He couldn't concentrate and his eyes were on Sulli. She smiled at the little kids while laughing and Taemin couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

"Oppa, what are you doing?" asked a little girl with pigtails who kneeled next to him.

"I'm building some bookshelves so all you little princesses and princes can get more books," explained Taemin.

"Oppa, you're so handsome," the little girl said out of the blue. Taemin laughed.

"Thanks," he said as the little girl hugged him. His eyes met with Sulli's eyes as Sulli warmly smiled at him. It was her first time smiling at him ever so warmly.

"But oppa, is that unni over there your girlfriend?" asked the little girl. Taemin chuckled.

"No, but I wish she was," he answered honestly.

"So is she going to be your girlfriend soon?" she asked.

"Maybe," answered Taemin.

"Until then, can I be your girlfriend?" asked the girl.

"Sure, little princess," he answered while laughing. The little girl squealed as she ran over to her friends, bragging that the handsome oppa was her boyfriend. Her jealous friends quickly ran over to Taemin, begging him to be their boyfriend. Sulli laughed as Taemin was being surrounded by little girls. Part of her wanted to go join them, but then again, they were 5 while she was 17. 

"SULLI!" yelled a lady. The surprised kids, Sulli, and Taemin jumped and looked at the door, where an old lady smiled at Sulli.

"Grandma!" Sulli yelled while running over to give the lady a big hug. The little kids stood up and bowed to the lady while Taemin did the same.

"She's the founder of our preschool," explained a little girl near Taemin. Taemin nodded as he saw Sulli walk out with the lady.

~.~

"So how's Genie High treating you?" asked the lady as soon as they were outside the classroom.

"Fine, it's really fun!" responded Sulli.

"How's Jiyoung doing?" asked the lady again.

"She's doing fine," replied Sulli as her heart crumpled at the sound of her name.

"And that handsome lad over there, is he your boyfriend?" the lady asked her final quesiton.

"Oh no! He used to be Jiyoung's boyfriend," she answered while looking at Taemin through the glass windows.

"Oh pity, you two look so good together!" said the lady. Sulli laughed. The grandma of the orphanage tried to keep up-to-date with the present day world.

"Come on, Sulli, snatch the handsome boy before anyone gets it! He looks like he likes you. I can tell by the way he looks at you," teased the old day. Sulli chuckled.

"You really think so?" sighed Sulli as the grandma nodded her head playfully.

~.~.~.~.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~the.next.day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this required?" complained Sulli. She was in line with Suzy and Krystal to get her health examination done.

"We do it every year," sighed Krystal. The line took longer, since everyone went in one by one.

"Anyways, why did you come to the dorm so late last night? Were you meeting someone?" asked Krystal.

"No, we had detention outside the school yesterday. The work was harder and longer than school detention so we came in late. Who would I meet at a late time like this?" questioned Sulli.

"Oh I don't know...Jonghyun sunbae?" suggested Suzy.

"Oh no! I haven't seen Jonghyun sunbae yesterday after school," explained Sulli.

"Sulli, let's just say Taemin and Jonghyun sunbae asked you out at the same time. Who will you pick?" asked Krystal cautiously. Sulli's eyes widened.

"Why...are you asking me this? Did you guys do something stupid?" asked Sulli suspiciously.

"No...just," replied Krystal.

"I don't know!" responded Sulli, a little too loudly. 

Sulli really didn't know what was going on. It always feels right that Jonghyun could be the one when she's with him, but whenever she's with Taemin, she becomes unstable. Up ahead, she saw Taemin happily laughing with his friends and she could feel her heart beat at the sight of Taemin's perfectly chiseled face. Sulli turned around and saw Jonghyun, reading a book while leaning against the wall. She found his chic stance a bit attractive...

Yah Sulli! What are you doing! Two guys?! No No No! Besides, who would like a girl like you anyways....

"Choi Jin-ri?" called the nurse from the office. Sulli woke up from her little fantasy as she follwed the nurse into the office. The examiner told her to stand on the scale to measure her weight and to stand beside the measuring tape to measure her height. They did a little test to check her stamina.

"Please sit here," ordered the examiner. Sulli obeyed as she sat in the seat across from the examiner.

"We'll be taking your blood out to examine," explained the examiner. Sulli nodded as she offered her left arm. The examiner checked for her pulse and tightly wrapped a rubber string to stop the blood from flowing. He gently pricked her arm. Sulli felt dizzy when she saw the blood racing in a little tube to fill up the bag. She felt like fainting when somebody held her hand.

"It's okay..."

___________________________________________

yay another chapter ^^

hehe kinda bs'd the ending cuz i feel a bit tired...lol

anyways comments are always apppreciated(: :D