ONE.

Sweet, Salty, Sweaty

The two friends cried while hugging each other...in the pouring rain.

"You know that I'm really proud of you, right?" Sulli asked as she broke away from the embrace.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid," joked Jiyoung. Sulli managed to laugh a little.

"I don't want to start freshmen year without you. I barely survived middle school!" Sulli said.

"Work hard, Ssul. Work hard and come to Genie High. Please!" begged Jiyoung. A black car pulled up. "I have to go," said Jiyoung as she picked up all her luggage. 

Sulli helped Jiyoung load the trunk and gave her best friend a final hug.

"Don't forget to visit me, White," said Sulli. Jiyoung nodded and let out a little laugh at the sound of her nickname. 

Jiyoung  quickly gets into the car and waves at Sulli from the inside. Sulli waves at her back as the car started to move. Sulli stood in the rain until the black car disappeared.

That was the last time she saw her...

~1 Year 4 Months Later~

Sulli stood in front of the big gates in amazement. Genie High School of the Majors. She finally made it. She worked very hard for it. Sure, she was bullied in school; but she was able to endure by the thought of her best friend. Jiyoung never visited the orphange. Not even once. Nor did she ever texted Sulli back. But Sulli understood; it would be hard for her to visit and text when she's studying at a prestigious school. The school was for the riches, so she had to work extra hard to get the scholarship. She remembered when Jiyoung pulled on all-nighters just to pass the test for Genie High. Both she and Jiyoung earned their scholarship through hard work and their excellent talent. Sulli was admitted later...4 months after school started. She was originally in the wait-list, but someone dropped out, allowing her to take the place, thus she came in the school later.

Jiyoung and Sulli were friends ever since third grade. Sulli was the new kid in the orphange. Everyone bullied her because of her petite size (and ironically, she now became the tallest girl in the orphange) and boney arms and legs. Even at school everyone of being "parentless." She cried everyday, as she kept on looking for her parents. Jiyoung, the only same-aged girl, was always there to comfort her. Both girls became best friends, vowing their friendship til forever. The two girls did everything together, so it was a surprise when Jiyoung told Sulli she wanted to go to Genie High. Sulli was angered at first, but understood her best friend's decision and decided to support her. 

 

Sulli pushed the towering gates and was even more amazed by the school.

"It's...literally a palace," she breathed. She stood there like a statue for several minutes, unable to breathe.

"Um...excuse me? I'm sorry, but visitors are not allowed in the campus during the school year," said a man, possibly a teacher at Genie.

"Oh no! I'm the new student," she said as she showed him her letter of acceptance. The man carefully inspected it, making sure it wasn't a fake.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Don't mean to brag, but our school is filled with pretty girls and handsome boys so their "outsider fans" tend to sneak in. I'm guessing you're looking for the office? Follow me, I'm also going there," he said. Sulli thanked him as she followed him. He helped her carry her luggage.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Choi Jinri. But I prefer Sulli. It has a deep history behind it," she explained.

"Hmm...your forte?" he asked another question.

"My...forte?" Sulli said in confusion.

"Your concentration or your major. Sorry! Since colleges use the words "major" and "concentration," we use "forte" instead," explained the man. I nodded my head in understandment.

"My forte is Culinary Arts," she said.

"Oh wow! Culiarny Arts? That was a hard one to get into this year, congratulations!" said the man as Sulli bowed and thanked him.

"So your parents' work. CEO? Ambassador?" he asked. Sulli bit her lips.

"I don't really know my parents...I'm from an orphange, you see. I got in with a full scholarship," she explained.

"Oh gosh...I'm so sorry! I didn't know! Aish babo me! I'm sorry, Sulli-yang!" apologized the man.

"Oh, no it's fine! I get it, don't fret about it!" Sulli assured him.

"Well, we're here! You need to go the admission office, which is that room right there! Good luck, Sulli, and I hope you like Genie High!" the man said happily. Sulli thanked him again.

"Oh, and I'm Mr. Kang Yi Joon, the vice principal of the school. If you need help, I'm in that office," he said as he pointed his finger at the second largest office in the room.

He was the...vice principal? Oh dear...

Sulli knocked on the door three times.

"Come in," said the person. I slowly opened the door and saw a busy woman.

"Hi. I'm Choi Jinri, the new student?" Sulli said carefully.

"Aw! Yes! Miss Choi! The scholarship girl! You know, you were the only person who came in with a scholarship? That's big! Great on your transcript for college," the woman said with a wink, as Sulli awkwardly laughs.

"You have all of your documents, right?" the woman asked. Sulli nodded and handed her a manila folder. The woman reviewed the documents and punched some information in the computer. The printer buzzed as it made several copies. The woman reviewed it again. She stapled the 3 page doucment and handed it to Sulli.

"It's a dorm test. Take it and give it back to me," she explained.

"What's it for?" Sulli asked.

"Well, we have many dormitories here in Genie High. So we place you in dorms based on your personality/habits etc. It also determines your group. Inside each dorms, there are groups. These groups share rooms and don't worry, none of them are co-ed. Dorms are a big deal in Genie because there are alot of competition between the dorms, especially the big 3, dorms YG, JYP, and SM. They're...a big deal. You kind of need to be "special" to get in. Anyways, hurry up and take it! I don't want you to wasted your Saturday in the office! You should go rest before your first day," the woman kindly explained. Sulli nodded as she sat down and took the test.

When she was finished, she handed it to the lady as she "corrected" the test.

Please be with Jiyoung, Please be with Jiyoung. Sulli silently prayed. The woman checked and rechecked the test as she looked up to see which dorm suits Sulli the best. The woman's jaw dropped as she started laugh.

"Congratulations! You're in dorm SM!" she said. Sulli nodded.

Will Jiyoung be in SM?

"And you'll be in...group....f(x)!" the lady informed. 

Jiyoung should be in f(x)?

"Let me go get the map and your schedule...and your uniform!" said the lady as she stood up to grab the stuff.

Jiyoung! Jiyoung! Jiyoung!

The woman came back with loads of stuff.

"These are your uniform for school academics. This is for your Culinary Arts. Your schedule is right here. And I marked where all your classes and your dorm is on this map! Also, these group and dorm placement is final, so please don't for beg me to change it," the woman said cheerfully as she handed Sulli her new belongings. "Any questions?" 

"Which dorm is Kang Jiyoung in?" Sulli asked automatically.

"Aw! Jiyoung! The other scholarship girl! From last year! You know her? She's in dorm DSP and group KARA," said the lady. Sulli pouted.

Off to a bad start, White. Hopefully, we have classes together.

"This is Kwanghee of dorm Star Empire, group ZE:A. He is also the president of the welcoming committee. He'll assist you to your dorm," informed the lady as a rather humorous looking guy showed up. Kwanghee smiled brightly at her as he carried Sulli's stuff and motioning her to follow him. 

Sulli and Kwanghee made their way out of the school building and towards the village of dorms.

"It's rare for someone with a scholarship go into the Big 3. I'm expecting a lot of things from you, Choi Jinri," said Kwanghee. Sulli let out a week laugh.

"Call me Sulli, please," said Sulli.

"Sulli? That's a cute name!" cried Kwanghee, causing Sulli to jump at the sudden enthusiasm. "Sorry, I get carried away easily." The two kept on chatting, until Sulli's eyes caught something.

"Isn't that...Jiyoung?" she whispered as she stopped in her tracks. 

There was a short-hair girl walking in the garden with a handsome boy, both holding hands and laughing.

"Jiyoung..." murmured Sulli. The last time she saw her, Jiyoung had long and graceful hair. Now, it was a short and cute.

"My white has gotten herself a boyfriend," Sulli said as if she was her mother. Just when she was going to go greet her long lost friend, Kwanghee yelled:

"YAH! AREN'T YOU COMING?"

Sulli sighed. Jiyoung had to wait.

_______________________________________________

I lied. I decided to start the story today XD

i hope you guys like the first chapter~~~

it's rather short isn't it..? ^^ haha

well i hope you like the rest of the story(: PLEASE COMMENT! XD