Dahlia

Sweet Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV Year 2007:

Hyun Joong was sitting in his dim room carving some letters on his wooden table when he heard a knock on his door.He threw his knife on the table and walked lazily towards the door.

“ Yes, Mrs Dahlia?” He said before he opened the door.

He unlocked the rusted iron door and the first thing he saw was a bucket of red roses.

“ Jesus! “ He smiled.

He took them from the trembling hands that were holding it with difficulty and bowed.

“ Please come in.” He said.An old lady stepped in carrying a basket with her.

“ Give it to your girl friend son.I couldn’t sell them today.You don’t have to pay me.” The old lady said sitting on the only chair which was placed near the wooden table.

“ Thank you Mrs.Dahlia but I don’t have any girl friends.Can I keep it for myself?” He replied placing the flowers on the wooden table.

“ I am old but not foolish.You are a healthy young man and you have your needs.What do you do about them?Don’t tell me that you are…It’s a sin.Go find a girl.I won’t  increase your rent.Bring her here.Sleep with her and make cute children.” She smiled.

“ Oh Mrs.Dahlia ! Seems tempting.Will you marry me??” Hyun Joong hugged the old lady.

“ Hey ! I am spoken for! I have brought you some flower rice cakes .Eat them.You look very thin these days. “ She said with a sad voice and put her basket on the table which was stabbed by Hyun Joong’s knife.

“ What have you done to my table? Carving? You naughty woodpecker!” She frowned and put on her glasses and read the letters.

“ Dara? What is it? Oh a girl’s name?” She beamed.

“ It’s nothing.Just a song.I am composing for the club.” He said hastily and grabbed the handle of his burnt boilng kettle without a second thought.

“ You love her !” The old lady ran to him and poured some cold water on his burnt hand.

Suddenly  they heard a weak moan from the other side of the door.The old lady went to open the door.

“ Keep your hand under the cold water son.” She said.

She opened the door and Hyun Joong stretched his neck to see the strange visitor who was at the door.

“ Oh my God ! Who are you??” The lady exclaimed and Hyun Joong ran to the door.

“ Suzy! What happened??” He lifted the girl who had slumped on the floor and carried her inside his room.

“ Your girlfriend?” The old lady asked turning on  another lamp.

“ My sister.” Hyun Joong put Suzy on his bed.

“ She is bleeding !!” The old lady screamed and ran out of his room and came back with clean bed sheets and bandages.

“ It is her arm.She has been beaten.” Hyun Joong poured some wine in a glass and gave it to Suzy and began to dress her wounds.The old ajhumma helped him to undress Suzy and gave him some of her own clothes.

“ I used to wear them when I was young.” She said with a shocked tone.

Suzy was mumbling incoherent words .Hyun Joong  changed the blood stained bed sheets and looked at her bruised arms,lips and legs.

“ Why didn’t you tell me that you had a sister? Who has beaten her like this?” Mrs.Dahlia asked.

“ I’m sorry.” Hyun Joong whispered in Suzy’s ear and kissed her forehead.

“ Painkiller ! “ The old lady gave a tablet to Hyun Joong and he helped Suzy to take it.

Suzy opened her bruised eyelid and looked at Hyun Joong and smiled.

“ Poor girl ! She is beautifu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter