Chapter 4

Delusions of Grandeur

A:N/ OMG I'm going crazy.... I seriously must be... I was doing a reading for my class on Modern Korean history and somehow the Japanese cultural assimilation policy got turned into an epic love story, fuelled by the confliction and hatred between a Korean and a Japanese man in the 1930s..... How did my history homework turn into slash fanfiction????????? Anyway, sot aht's what's going on in my life today....I figured you guys would be able to relate to that story better than anyone else I know.... I will say this though...crazy as it was, it certainly livened up the reading! Just a short one today, I'm afraid.

- -

 

“Hey, CAP, wait up.” Chunji commented, as he quickened his steps to catch up to his friend. “I'm in a hurry. Ether keep up or get left behind.” CAP replied, hurriedly texting a reply to someone that had messaged him while he'd been in class. Chunji rolled his eyes at CAP's characteristically unfriendly reply. He was used to hearing comments like that, and really, if he didn't want to keep up with CAP, he'd do just as the other boy advised.

 

The two boys rounded the corner, the lift doors opening the moment they arrived. CAP didn't even have to look up from his phone, as he strolled into the lift, and Chunji just had to shake his head at that. Everything always worked out perfectly for CAP. Always.

 

“You were sitting with that guy again.” CAP pointed out, as the lift slowly made it's way up the floors, one by one. Chunji couldn't decide whether everyone else in the lift stayed quiet out of habit, or because CAP was in the lift with them. The other boy tended to have that effect on people. “Yes I was. What of it?” he questioned, with a shrug. Truthfully he was surprised that CAP had even noticed.

 

“Nothing of it. Just that you two seemed awfully friendly today, chatting it up, instead of doing work. That's not the Chunji I know.” CAP explained, eyes kept steadfastly on the doors in front of him, the look in his eyes telling Chunji that he was getting impatient about how long the lift ride was taking.

 

“Maybe you dreamed it.” Chunji replied, strolling out of the doors, the moment the lift stopped on their floor, CAP by his side, step for step. CAP didn't send back any scathing retorts to Chunji's comment and he didn't really expect him to. CAP could only maintain interest in other people for short periods of time.

 

He disliked the fact that today's dosage apparently had to revolve around him and Byunghun. He wasn't ready to be asked any questions about that relationship; he didn't even know what was going on right now, and he'd rather just enjoy the moment while it lasted. There was just something pulling him towards the other boy; something appealing about the other boy that resonated with him, though what that could be exactly, he had no idea.

 

If he mentioned it to CAP, it would get him no where. The other boy wasn't exactly the sort of person that was good at giving advice to other people about their problems and questions. He was harmless enough, but he didn't pay enough attention to be able to know that there were any problems, anyway. Even if he were the one to mention it, CAP couldn't maintain interest in his problems long enough to provide him with an answer.

 

Realistically, if it were anyone else with something they didn't understand, they'd probably come to him. But even he didn't really understand what was going on between him and Byunghun. There was just something innately interesting about the other boy; something that drew him in.

 

If he mentioned it to the rest of the guys, they'd probably try telling him that he liked him or lusted after him or something equally ridiculous. There was nothing romantic or ual about his current feelings. He just wanted to befriend the other boy. He wanted to make him open up; he wanted to get beneath his shy exterior to find out what resided beneath. The guys teasing him about it, would only make his feelings more confusing, no doubt.

 

But he did have something he could rely on CAP's advice for. “Hey, What would be a good nickname for the boy I was talking to?” Chunji questioned. CAP's steps didn't stop for even a second, at the unexpected question, though his eyes did slide down from straight ahead, to be able to eye the younger boy curiously.

 

“Don't give me that look.” Chunji snarled, disliking when CAP would do it. He only did it to exaggerate the height difference between them. He liked making Chunji feel small. He was only a little bit shorter than him, but he made out like he was like a girl or something. “Depends. What was the first thing he told you about himself?”

 

“That he's been studying in the US.” Chunji responded, easily. CAP considered the matter for the rest of their walk to their last class of the day, tapping Chunji's thigh to attract his attention, away from their lecturer. “L. Joe.” he finally answered, Chunji rolling the name around on his tongue, nodding his thanks to the other boy, as he went back to his notes.