Chapter 28

Delusions of Grandeur

A/N: Was trying to work out how we could have 3 chapters to go when I knew the was the 2nd last chapter....worked it out and well....oops...mianhae everyone...BUT I promise it's in tomorrow's update (I checked properly this time) AND there's uber cool and confident Chunji to make up for it in this chapter....Please don't kill me!

- -

“You said you needed my help with something?” Chunji checked, as he made his way over to meet L. Joe on the grass, where he'd parked his car. L. Joe sent him an apologetic look, “I didn't mean to make it sound quite so desperate. You don't have to help me if you don't want to.” he mumbled, uncomfortably.

 

“You kidding? I cleared my schedule just for you, cutie.” Chunji informed him with a wink. L. Joe shuffled slightly not used to Chunji looking at him so impishly. “I think you're hanging out with Niel too much.” he stated, indifferently, fiddling with his keys in his pocket to keep himself calm. Ever since he'd realised his feelings for the other boy, it felt like he might try and jump him every time they saw one another, if he paid him his complete attention. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself.

 

“Niel? Oh no. It was Ricky that told me to start calling you that.” Chunji informed the other boy brightly. “Ricky?” L. Joe questioned, amused. “Yeah. He told me he reckoned that I'd be able to make you all flustered if I called you that. I'm disappointed. Only your ears turned pink.” Chunji informed him, sounding sad.

 

“That'll be the sun.” L. Joe argued back, chuckling a the small pout that formed on Chunji's lips at his response. “So you mean I have absolutely no effect on you?” Chunji asked. “None whatsoever.” L. Joe agreed, nearly choking on his own dry throat at the saddened look that overtook Chunji's features at his response. “But I'm irresistible.” making L. Joe laugh, if only to stop himself from kissing the other boy for looking so cute.

 

Rolling his eyes at the way the other boy was laughing at him, he smiled slightly to himself despite the fact that he didn't like L. Joe laughing at him when he wasn't trying to be funny. “So what did you need my help with?” he enquired, politely, eyes drifting over L. Joe's car, horrified. “Oh my God what happened to your car?”

 

L. Joe rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably, “Yeah, I know. That's why I wanted your help.” he stated, feeling really embarrassed that Chunji was seeing his car in such a state.

 

“Why? You were hoping I knew who covered it with milk and eggs? I don't know every hoodlum in the country, you know.” he commented, lightly, his nose crinkling up in distaste when he stepped close enough to catch the smell. The weather was warm and sunny, and it was baking the milk, polluting the air around the car with a sour smell.

 

“No. I was hoping you could help me get it cleaned off.” L. Joe explained, twirling the car key between his fingers more sharply waiting to hear Chunji's answer. Chunji looked at him like he thought he was stupid. “You want me to spend my Saturday afternoon cleaning your car?” he said, checking that he'd understood the other boy correctly.

 

“In all fairness, I'll be cleaning too.” L. Joe said, trying to make it sound nicer than the way Chunji had put it. “I dunno.” Chunji mumbled, going to lean up against L. Joe's hood, but reconsidering when he remembered how dirty it was. “What's in it for me?” he asked, a wicked grin lighting up his features.

 

“You never used to ask for repayment from anyone else.” L. Joe spluttered, his face turning red from Chunji's teasing. He could see it in the other boy's face that he was going to help him, probably free of charge as well. He just wanted to mess with him a little bit. But it still made L. Joe feel embarrassed.

 

“True. But that was quite a while ago now. I've had my own little prince helping me out since then, so I've become quite spoiled. I'm not sure I know how to help other people out of the goodness of my own heart anymore.” he commented, looking like he was seriously troubled by the thought of helping him.

 

L. Joe wanted to argue with him, but hearing Chunji call him a prince with that playful lilt to his voice, stole his voice from him. Hearing no rebuttals from L. Joe, Chunji turned back to him with an indulging smile. “I'll help. Just don't go around telling everyone about it. They might get the mistaken impression I'm actually a nice person.” he informed him, giving his backside a little tap as he walked past.

 

“I'll take my $20 payment now.” he informed him, the slight pressure L. Joe had felt was actually Chunji removing his wallet from his back pocket. He slid the note out of it, before slipping it back into the younger boy's pocket, as he made his way around the side of the apartment complex to collect some buckets from the laundry.

 

L. Joe couldn't help feeling disappointed finding out that Chunji hadn't been groping him through his jeans.

 

When Chunji returned he had a bucket in each hand, filled with hot, soapy water and holding sponges under his armpits. L. Joe's eyes trailed over the outline of Chunji's arms, catching every flex and quiver of muscle it took to shift the weight while he walked. “For someone who is helping, I sure seem to be doing a lot of the work right now.” Chunji commented lightly, jogging L. Joe from his open-mouthed admiration for Chunji's body.

 

“Right of course. Sorry.” he stammered, racing over to steal one of the buckets from Chunji's grasp. The older boy flexed his fingers, “Thanks. That was really painful.” he commented, appreciatively, pink marks quickly marring his soft palm.

 

L. Joe moved round to the other side of the car, only then realising that he'd left his sponge over with Chunji. He looked up, cheeks flushed, only to catch Chunji staring at him, cheerfully. “Forgot something?” he teased, but threw the sponge over the roof of L. Joe's car, the other boy fumbling to catch it before it touched the ground.

 

He dunked the sponge into the bucket, his embarrassment blinding him enough that it took a moment for the sharp pain coming from his hand to register in his mind. He yanked his hand and the sponge out of the soapy water, only now noticing the steam rising out for the bucket.

 

Well that hurt.

 

He sighed at himself, but got to work washing away to streaks left behind by the dry milk and eggs. They came away as he scrubbed. The bonnet, doors and boot were easily cleaned by the two of them. That only left the roof, which proved more problematic. Neither boy could really reach across the roof, and unfortunately, that's where the most dirt was to be found.

 

He considered just hoping the hose would be able to clear most of it off, but Chunji seemed to have a better idea. He dragged L. Joe over towards the porch, making L. Joe stand in front of it. It didn't take much for the dots to connect in his mind, and he told himself to be prepared for the sudden weight that he would be carrying in a moment.

 

A second later, Chunji had climbed up on his shoulders, steadying himself by clutching loosely at L. Joe's head. The younger boy told himself not to think about the fact that he was between Chunji's thighs and could feel every twitch of muscle as the boy tried to support himself. He walked them over to the car, with Chunji now having the necessary extra bit of height to be able to clean the roof.

 

He felt so weighed down, that he wasn't sure he'd be able to stay like that for long, but he bit his lip. Chunji didn't weigh much for a boy. It wasn't his fault that boys were heavy. Especially on the shoulders. But almost as though Chunji could sense his discomfort, he was working extremely quickly, cleaning off the roof, and he told L. Joe he was done a moment later.

 

L. Joe stepped back over to the porch, bending down slightly to help Chunji get off of him. He could feel Chunji's body pressed up against him as he slid down onto his own feet and he had to fight to remind himself the whole thing was innocent and that he should be ashamed of himself for what he was thinking.

 

“There. I think we're pretty much finished. Now if you just go get the hose, and wash it down, we'll be done.” Chunji commented, startling L. Joe out of yet another fantasy. He was pretty sure Chunji was going to start thinking there was something wrong with him, given how often he kept spacing out. It wasn't his fault that Chunji was so attractive.

 

The older boy had been right to call himself irresistible earlier.

 

L. Joe unwound the hose, turning it on at the tap, only to trip over it as he made his way over to the car. He'd been so focused on keeping the hose pointed away from himself, that he hadn't been watching where he was going and nearly landed flat on his face. Unfortunately the distraction meant he stopped paying attention to the hose and sprayed himself, soaking his shorts right through. His face turned bright red, as the sound of bright laughter met his ears.

 

Chunji had seen the whole thing and was cackling at him, hysterically. Not wanting to be the only one soaking wet, L. Joe stalked closer to the older boy who was still standing on the porch. “So you think it's funny to get wet, do you?” he questioned, playfully, delighting in the look of fear that consumed Chunji's eyes.

 

He waved his hands at the other boy, “No please don't do it. I'm sorry for laughing.” Chunji pleaded, but the chuckles continued to spill from his lips, and L. Joe knew he was unrepentant. A malicious grin consuming his features, he turned the hose on the older boy, covering him in cold water from head to toe.

 

Chunji shrieked in horror, racing off the porch, and onto the lawn, to duck behind the car. L. Joe chased after him, only ever managing to rinse the car off by accident as he tried to spray Chunji again. The older boy slid around the car, catching L. Joe off guard, as he tried to grab the hose from his hands. The boys fought over the hose, successfully drenching themselves and the car, multiple times.

 

The two boys shouts were drowned out by their panting, as the fight wore out. L. Joe's eyes trailed up Chunji's form. His shorts were dripping with water clearly soaked through. His shirt was in a similar sorry state. It clung to his body, almost skin tight, and partially see through. The force of the spray had knocked one side so that it almost fell off his shoulder, revealing a smooth expanse of skin, slightly paler than that of the other boy's arms and face. He wondered if the rest of him was a similar shade beneath his clothes, before remembering that he already knew the answer to that thanks to Changjo. Water was dripping out of his hair, and his eyes danced, even as he was panting, struggling to call his name.

 

The sight made L. Joe's mouth run dry. It was an image he didn't think he'd be forgetting any time soon, and it was so close. It was real: not a figment of his imagination. He could reach out and touch that soft skin if he so desired, though he wasn't sure the sort of reaction such an action would get from Chunji. Through the coldness of his clothing, making him feel clammy, L. Joe could feel the body heat coming off the other boy.

 

Wordlessly he turned the hose on the car, trying to catch the last few spots they'd missed as they'd played, while Chunji went over to turn the tap off. That must've been what he'd been saying a second ago. He'd seen Chunji's mouth moving but he hadn't been able to make out any words. He'd mentally filled it in with declarations of love and lust and a request to get inside and screw him senseless.

 

It was a nice thought.

 

The water stopped coming out of the hose, and he looked down at it dumbly, like it might've been broken. “I'm going to go up and get out of these wet clothes. I think I'll have a shower. Come up once you've packed everything away, alright?” he questioned. It was all L. Joe could do to nod in response. He'd have preferred to chase Chunji upstairs: hands wrapped firmly about his waist. He felt like a wet Chunji was too y: he couldn't risk the possibility that someone might try and steal him away to screw him first.

 

He hurriedly wound up the hose, before racing over to grab the buckets. He wasn't sure what he should do with them, and so he dumped what little remained of the soapy water onto the lawn, before throwing the buckets and sponges back into the laundry. He raced up the stairs, and into the apartment, only to be met with sound of the shower going.