Obstacles

What comes after the end

Just in front of Yonghwa's eyes, was Seohyun's seemingly lifeless body, with spots of blood here and there.

 

Just a moment ago, they had been chatting and talking about so many new plans, Yonghwa was going to buy new rows of goguma field, so YongSeo can harvest more gogumas, and they also talked about buying the house over from the lady owner. In just a flash, the plans that they have discussed on seems to become a thing of a past.

 

Just then, the unnies were happily driving to fetch YongSeo until they saw the accident area. Taeyeon and Tiffany screamed and shouted no from the moment they saw their maknae lying on the floor. Hyoyeon chose not to believe and stepped out to look at her little sister. When she confirmed that the one she saw was Seohyun, her legs gave way and she cried on the spot.

 

Yonghwa was crying hysterically but he braced himself and ran towards Seohyun to hug her. He carried her back to the A&E and the same doctor hurriedly pushed her into the operation theatre. The boys heard the news and came back to find their sister-in-law. The unnies kept asking Yonghwa what has happened and why Seohyun was in a state like this. Yonghwa couldn't answer them and he was shivering in a corner. Just yesterday he decided to be her everything, just yesterday he decided that she will be his everything, and this happened. The boys hugged their hyung and tried to calm him down.

 

Soon, SNSD's manager and the whole group arrived. Everyone was chiding and blaming Yonghwa for not taking good care of Seohyun. The boys try their best to protect their hyung from the scoldings and beatings. After 8 gruelling hours in the operation theatre, the doctor finally came out. 

 

"The patient's condition is stabilised for now. She is not in any great danger. It was lucky that she got blood transfusion last night or she might have already been gone from this world. We found out that her scalp was slightly damaged, someone must have pulled her hardly by her hair before she got into the accident. Her main problem is the scars left from the accident. Also, there are several blood clots in her brain. Right now, she has to take ample rest and not to be disturbed. Just this morning I said a miracle happened. Sigh." 

 

Yonghwa stayed inside the room with Seohyun and held her hand tight, ignoring everything that is happening around him or whatever words he hear.

 

Meanwhile, Shinhye didn't know what to do so she called Geunsuk to meet her. Geunsuk met her at a beach where they would always hang out together. Geunsuk then asked, "Why so sudden, asking me for a meet up? Did something happen?"

 

"Oppa, will you help me when I get into trouble?"

 

Geunsuk has always like Shinhye since the start of filming You're Beautiful.

 

"What happened, Shinhye-ya?"

 

"Oppa just answer me, no matter what happens, will you support me and help me?"

 

"Of course I will."

 

"Oppa, I caused someone to be in a car accident today."

 

"What?! Who?!"

 

"Seo Joohyun."

 

"WHY?? Shinhye, I know you love Yonghwa and all but this is going over the board! How can you commit a crime like this? Just out of jealousy??"

 

"Oppa you don't understand! Do you know what happened to me on my first anniversary with Yonghwa oppa? We finally managed to get to our first year and we just had to bump into Seohyun. And then she faints out of fatigue, and suddenly everything is changed. Now he says that he wants to break up with me and start over with Seohyun, how can I let them happen oppa? How can I lose everything?"

 

"Shinhye ah... You should know that if not for your interference, Yonghwa and Seohyun would have been together already right? I saw what you did at the karaoke room, I saw you rejecting and deleting the calls. If not for what you have done, they would've gotten together now, and maybe you would have been happier. And now, you went to get Seohyun-ssi into a car accident. This is too much."

 

"Oppa! You know I had no choice. How else was I going to get him to be with me? He did liked me but his feelings swayed after he got into WGM!! It's all her fault that we aren't together now. And it's her own fault that she got into an accident! Oppa, you promised that you would help me, but now you're here lecturing me instead."

 

"I never said I wasn't going to help you. I'm just telling you how disappointed I am in you right now."

 

An awkward silence hung between the two, and Geunsuk continued his words.

 

"So what do you want me to help you with?"

 

"Oppa, I don't know how you can help me yet. I just wanted your word that you would help me."

 

"Okay, I will."

 

"Thanks oppa. I'll call you again." Shinhye gave Geunsuk a peck on his cheek before she went off.

 

Back in the hospital, Yonghwa's eyes was always fixed onto Seohyun. Other than regrets, his whole body was numbed. After talking a few more sentences, Seohyun moved a little and woke up, complaining of head ache.

 

Yonghwa was so happy that he immediately called the doctor over. Geunsuk, after knowing where Seohyun was at, decided to stay outside the room so that he could know how he can help Shinhye. He turned his head when Yonghwa brought the doctor into the room and heard Seohyun say, "No, I don't know what you're talking about."

 

The doctor brought Yonghwa out and told him that Seohyun has lost her memory, but only selectively. Meaning that Seohyun chose to forget what she didn't want to remember, and that only she can help herself to remember this. No surgery can help her to regain her memory. 

 

Yonghwa thanked the doctor and then asked Seohyun whether she knows who she is, she bowed and said that she's Seo Joohyun, 21 this year. Yonghwa then asked her whether she knew who he was, she smiled and said, "Of course I do, you're CN Blue's leader, Jung Yonghwa. How come you're here with me? Were you there when I had the accident?" Yonghwa tried his best to remind her of the goguma couple, but she couldn't think of anything. Everytime she tried to think too much, her head ache will act up. She told Yonghwa to leave so that she can rest. Yonghwa, not being able to do anything and wanting her to get rest, left.

 

Geunsuk then went in and asked Seohyun whether she was alright. She was shocked that an actor like him would come over and pay her a visit. She smiled and said she was fine except for the feeling that some thing is missing. Geunsuk remembered Shinhye telling him to help her, then he held Seohyun's hands and said, "The missing thing is me, your boyfriend."