Truths and regrets

What comes after the end

Seohyun was looking at Geunsuk with saddened eyes. He had blocked the blow of the car for her, but his mind was still on the money which he wanted to give to her. She was feeling sorry for him.

 

"Oppa!! Wake up please oppa!!"

 

Yonghwa saw them in the middle of the road and ran towards them with all his energy.

 

"Hyun, are you okay? Is Geunsuk okay?"

 

"Yong oppa! You're bleeding! Why is this happening!!"

 

The SHINee members called the police and ambulance and all of them were sent to the hospital.

 

Other than a slight cut on Seohyun's neck, she was still fine. Yonghwa had gone for an operation and stiched up his cut. The cut was quite deep so he had to be on the wheelchair for the moment. Geunsuk's arm was dislocated by the hit of the car, and many of his bones were fractured. It would take him about nine months to fully recover. Shinhye's body was in a bloody state because of the bang, and after cleaning her, the doctors found a journal in her coat. They passed it to Seohyun, who was the only one involved in the accident but was in a state to be able to read it.

 

Seohyun was about to read the journal when Yonghwa woke up from the anasthetic. He was calling out to Seohyun. Seohyun rushed over immediately to Yonghwa.

 

"Hyun, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

 

Seohyun was crying because her yong oppa is finally waking up and talking to her with his gentle tone.

 

"I'm fine yong! You?"

 

"You lied to me, look at your neck. It's bandaged."

 

"It's just a small cut, nothing compared to yours and Geunsuk oppa's..."

 

"Hyun... Do you still, have feelings for him? I mean, he did so much for you."

 

Seohyun leant in for a kiss on Yonghwa's lips.

 

"Do you still need to ask? He was nice to me. And I'll always treasure him as a friend. You're the only who was always by my side and never left. No matter how much I tried to push you away, you knew that those times were the ones where I needed you most. I love you for that. No one can change my feelings towards you, yong."

 

Yonghwa kissed Seohyun back and said gently, "Just those words are enough."

 

"Oh, the doctors gave me this journal, and they said it was Shinhye-ssi's."

 

Just as they were about to read it, the SNSD unnies came storming in.

 

"Seohyun, are you alright? Yonghwa, you? I'm so angry!" Sunny exclaimed.

 

"We're fine unnie, why?"

 

"The police told us that Park Shinhye was the one who tried to bang you. That's why she's hospitalised. That's her retribution!" Sooyoung was so angry when speaking to them.

 

"Sigh... Anyway, the doctor found this journal in Shinhye-ssi's coat. Should we read it?"

 

Yonghwa told the book and read it. Inside the journal were pictures of Yonghwa and Shinhye together, and also some pictures of Shinhye and Seohyun together. They read the last few entries.

 

"Dear diary, today was the worst day of my life. Yonghwa oppa and I finally managed to held on until our first anniversary, and we just had to bump into Seohyun. What's worse, she fainted and Yonghwa oppa went straight to her. I knew from the start that this relationship wasn't a two-sided one, but solely on myself. I was the only one loving and giving in. Many times he tried to gently drop me a hint to let go, I pretended not to know and held on. I mean, how could I? I had done so many things. I went through so many nerve-wrecking moments of cutting the contact between Yonghwa oppa and Seohyun. Everytime I take his phone, I'll check for her texts and delete them the moment I saw them. I also deleted all her missed calls. How is it possible that he still loved her? And she still loved him? I should be the one he loves. Sigh. Signing off."

 

"Dear diary, I cannot take this lying down. I've given so much till all my principles are demolished. I can't just sit by and watch my boyfriend go to another girl. I wanted to make her pay. But the moment the wheelchair went to the road, I didn't dare to look and ran away. I didn't want to do such a thing but my own hand was forced by my affection for Yonghwa oppa. If he came back to me none of this would have happened."

 

After reading this entry, Yonghwa teared and hugged Seohyun tight to him. "Now we know what happened."

 

"Dear diary, three months have passed since I 'befriended' Seohyun. I've come to realise why Yonghwa oppa likes her. No doubt she's innocent, and caring. I really want to make this friendship real. But Yonghwa oppa isn't going to come back to my side. So she have to pay the price for my hurt. I'm going to ask Geunsuk to dump her."

 

"Dear diary, today when I was talking to Geunsuk, he made me feel like I was talking to Yonghwa. I knew Geunsuk liked me, alot. He told me once or twice but I always chose not to listen. I can't be with him because my heart only has space for Yonghwa oppa. No one has ever protected me like how Yonghwa oppa did. But if he can protect me, it means he must have some feelings for me right? Anyway, Geunsuk is different now. I can sense it. He's falling in love with Seohyun. I won't allow that to happen. She stole my boyfriend, she's not going to have my best friend too."

 

And then Yonghwa and Seohyun went on to read the last entry.

 

"Dear diary, I am prepared to give up everything already. I've lost my boyfriend, my best friend, Geunsuk oppa, and the SNSD members whom I thought I was getting close to. I'm going to try my last bet and make Seohyun regret what she caused me."