Familiar strangers

What comes after the end

After Seohyun had gotten her answer from Geunsuk, he tucked her into bed and left. 

 

Seohyun was feeling very upset for the fact that someone could be as heartless as Yonghwa, and she was worried how Shinhye, her best friend, would think of her the next time they meet. After worrying for an hour or so, Seohyun fell into a deep sleep.

 

The next morning, Seohyun woke up to the smell of gogumas and smiled. However that smile disappeared when she saw Yonghwa.

 

"What are you doing here, Yonghwa-ssi?"

 

"I'm here to get you breakfast, hyun~ Here's your favourite goguma! You always told me to eat healthy, now's my turn to tell you that. I'll try my very best to nurse you back into the chubby wife I used to have." Yonghwa said to her, and passing her a glass of ice blended yam and banana. "Try it. I don't know if the proportions are right, because you're always the one to make for me. It's been long since I made one glass for you. Try it."

 

Seohyun eyed Yonghwa suspiciously and then tried the drink. When she drank it, she felt amazed and strange. Amazed because the drink was comparable to her own skills, and strange for, well she can't explain the feeling.

 

"I've taken the drink and also the goguma. Thank you for your effort, but you should leave now, Yonghwa-ssi."

 

"Hyun, why are you so cold towards me suddenly? Did you remember something about us? Whether they are good or bad memories, I'd be thankful enough if you can remember any of your memories with me." Yonghwa asked hopefully.

 

"Sorry, Yonghwa-ssi, but honestly, I don't intend to remember any of my so-called memories with you. You should be with Shinhye unnie. Treasure her while you can, because you don't really deserve such a nice girl."

 

Yonghwa was dumbfounded by what he was hearing. Treausre her? Don't intend to remember any memories between them?

 

"Hyun, I know I used to hurt you but we'd just gotten back together, why are you saying things like this now?"

 

"My name is Seohyun, not hyun. I don't think we're that close to the level where you can call me that, Yonghwa-ssi. Please leave, you're giving me a head ache."

 

Yonghwa wanted to talk further when the SNSD members arrived.

 

"Seohyun ah!! Are you alright? You scared your unnies!!" Hyoyeon ran and hugged her.

 

"Unnie!" Seohyun cried while hugging her unnies. "I'm so glad to see all of you! Please ask Yonghwa-ssi to leave, he is causing me a head ache.

 

"Yonghwa-ya, what's happened? How come now she's like this?" Taeyeon asked Yonghwa accusingly.

 

"The doctors said that she..." Yonghwa wanted to explain the situation but Seohyun cut in.

 

"This is my own condition, I'll explain to my unnies. Unnies, the doctor said I was involved in a car accident and I had lost some of my memory. I want to recover but Yonghwa-ssi is making me very uncomfortable with him around. Please just ask him to go."

 

The unnies were shocked to hear that coming from Seohyun. But they were still angry that Yonghwa didn't take good care of her and so they told Yonghwa to leave for now.

 

Yonghwa was hurt and wanted to stay by Seohyun but he badly wanted to rest, and since her members are there with her, he decided to leave. On his way down, he saw Geunsuk.

 

"Hey Geunsuk, long time no see. How are you?"

 

"Hahah yes long time no see too. I'm fine, you? You look so haggard. How are things between you and Shinhye?"

 

"Uh... We kind of broke up."

 

"I heard from Shinhye. Maybe you both need to have a good talk."

 

"Maybe I'll ask her out. Break ups shouldn't be settled through a phone call. I understand. Any way, why are you here? Unwell?"

 

"Hahah I'm so fit! No, I came to visit my girlfriend."

 

"Wow, you have a girlfriend? And you didn't say anything about it!"

 

"I know I know, my bad. Shinhye knows about my girlfriend too."

 

"Ah, really? She didn't mentioned anything about that to me."

 

"Well, we just got together. Will update you about the rest next time. See you around!"

 

"Okay, see you around bro."

 

Geunsuk waited around the lobby after Yonghwa left, and met up with Shinhye. Shinhye already knows what has happened and she is grateful to Geunsuk for helping her to lie, because she knew that for him to lie, is for him to go against his own principles. She came here to help Geunsuk to continue their lie.

 

Meanwhile in the hospital room, the SNSD members kept asking their litle maknae if she was alright. She kept smiling and reassuring them that she was fine.

 

"Unnie, did Shinhye-unnie came and look for me when I was hospitalised?" Seohyun asked suddenly when everyone was preparing fruits for her.

 

"Hyun-ah, why do you suddenly ask? Do you know the relation of you and her?"

 

"I do, we're best friends aren't we?"

 

Her unnies looked at each other in confusion and thought, maybe she remembers that during one of her concert 2 years back, Shinhye went backstage to support them, so they said, "Friends yes, not really sure about best friends though."

 

"Really? We must have been best friends." Seohyun smiled while thinking that now after chasing Yonghwa away, Shinhye-unnie can have a chance to reconcile with him.

 

SNSD's manager called and tell them that they have an ongoing schedule coming up, and that they have to leave now. The unnies hugged and bade their little sister goodbye. "We'll come and visit you soon!"

 

Seohyun went to the restroom after her unnies left. When she came out, she saw Shinhye and Geunsuk. Shinhye went forward and hugged Seohyun.