Guilty conscience

What comes after the end

Jonghyun ended the call abruptly and then realised everyone, well almost, was looking at him.

 

"Jonghyun, who was that?" Taeyeon asked, feeling that there's a high chance it may be Yonghwa.

 

"Ah, just a friend noona. Nothing serious." Jonghyun replied, slightly flustering but trying to keep his calm.

 

"Guys, why are we chatting and not playing? If we're not careful Seohyun is going to win all of us! Hurry up and play!" Tiffany shouted from the counter. The rest of them gathers around the table and watches Seohyun play. Since the last time she played with the CN Blue members, she has been practising when she has the time. Compared to the past where she needs to occasionally use the bridge to play, now she's better at aiming and choosing the angle to shoot from. After four rounds of the game, where everyone lost to Seohyun's team, (Seohyun's team was with Tiffany, Taeyeon and Minhyuk, and Hyoyeon, Jungshin and Jonghyun are in a team together), Shinhye opened the door and everyone diverted their attention to her.

 

"Hello boys! I'm here... Why are you here? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be elsewhere?" Shinhye was shocked to see Seohyun when she came in and everyone else become oblivious to her as she only has her eyes on Seohyun.

 

"Oh? Why are you here too? Shouldn't you be on your first year anniversary?" Taeyeon quipped at Shinhye while eyeing her from top to bottom coldly.

 

"Yes we were supposed to, but since it is OUR anniversary, WE decide how we'd like to celebrate it. Problem?" Shinhye replied, not backing down from Taeyeon's words.

 

"Of course!..." Tiffany was about to speak when Seohyun cut into their conversation, "Of course not. You choose how you'd like to celebrate. But please watch your tone of voice when you're speaking to my unnies, they're older than you so please show some respect. We were playing happily till you came in and started questioning us about our existence here. Don;t you find yourself absurd?" Seohyun replied coldly, looking at Yonghwa after her reply to Shinhye was done.

 

"Well, if you girls weren't here I probably wouldn't have this reaction. Isn't it awkward when we see one another? Don't you think you should leave?" Shinhye replied again, not backing down.

 

"Sorry, but WE, were here first. If you don't like to see us, jolly well go to another pool table or better, another place to play your pool or do your celebration. Don't start spoiling our moods!" Tiffany shouted, not able to stand Shinhye's proud attitude.

 

Jungshin cut in and said, "We're here to play, we are the ones who invited these girls over. They are our friends. I hope we can talk nicely. Hyung, if you and Shinhye noona really feel uncomfortable then tell us."

 

Yonghwa finally started to speak, "I have no qualms with the girls being here. Shinhye, let's play the game by ourselves. Don't you want me to teach you? Come."

 

"I don't want to learn if it's under this situation. Oppa, please tell them to go."

 

"Shinhye-ah, they're not bothering us in any way so why should we do that? They play theirs, we'll play ours. Alright?"

 

"Sigh okay. For the sake of you oppa, I'll give in this once."

 

Yonghwa nodded and then brought Shinhye to another table far from the girls and CN Blue member's, and started to teach her how to play. Seohyun stopped playing and looked at them, looking at how Yonghwa taught her how to play, reminded herself of the same scenario two years ago, where they were in the same place but he was teaching her instead. Although he had been giving her the wrong advices, like telling her the bridge was Duck's Feet, and trying to show off to her when he really wasn't that great, he was really trying his best to teach her. Now she's watching with her own eyes that the same guy was teaching another girl. She controlled her emotions and concentrated back on her friends.

 

The three unnies looked at Seohyun worriedly and asked if she's alright, telling her that they can go back anytime if she wants to. Seohyun rejected her unnie's advices, played for a few more rounds and felt giddy. She nearly lost her balance and had to hold onto the table for support. The CN Blue members were worried and asked her to go back home for a rest. She still insisted on playing, while keeping her eyes on Yonghwa and Shinhye. She played until she couldn't hold on any longer, and collapsed onto the floor.

 

Yonghwa was watching her since the moment he and Shinhye had come into the place, and when Seohyun fell he naturally ran forward and held her. Taeyeon pulled his arm away and shouted, "Let go of your hands you nasty guy! You don't deserve to touch her!" But Yonghwa ignored her and carried Seohyun (Princess style). Shinhye saw all these and ran in front of Yonghwa. "Oppa, what do you think you're doing?? Who is this woman to you?? What's her relation to you?? Nothing! Why are you so concerned?!" Yonghwa looked at Shinhye apologetically, said sorry and immediately rushed Seohyun to the nearest hospital.

 

"Guys, please help hyung take care of Shinhye." Yonghwa said and hurriedly rush Seohyun to the hospital, while the three unnies tagged along behind. Shinhye broke down and asked the boys to leave her alone. She walked down the streets and stopped by a roadside stall to drink soju. She can't stop crying when she was drinking.

 

*FLASHBACK TO A YEAR BACK*

 

Shinhye met up with Yonghwa. She knew that he was feeling down because the show of him and Seohyun had just ended. So she, Geuksuk and Hongki met up and tried to cheer him up. When they were just getting to the of the karaoke session, Yonghwa went to the washroom and left his phone on the table. Shinhye helped him to look after it. A few minutes later, the phone vibrated with a call from Seohyun. As the phone was on silent mode, no one knew it except for Shinhye. She held the phone tensely until the call ended. Three more calls came before Seohyun texted Yonghwa.

 

Shinhye made an excuse to go to the female toilet, and then checked the messages, "Yong~ I also missed you too. I would love to go out with you again. Even just a short meet up would make me contented<3" Shinhye thought to herself that since she has read one message, she should just read the rest. Seohyun had been busy with her schedule and just received all of Yonghwa's messages, so she only managed to reply now. Shinhye read through th messages which Yonghwa sent to Seohyun, and she decided to delete all of Seohyun's missed calls and texts." After that, she walked past the bathroom Yonghwa was in, and saw that he was crying. She pulled him and kissed him gently, telling him that she would be here for him forever and always, and in REALITY. Yonghwa was overwhelmed with emotions and accepted Shinhye. Since then, Shinhye always used the excuse of 'wanting to exchange handphones like normal couples would', to keep hold onto Yonghwa's phone so as to delete any texts or calls from Seohyun when Yonghwa's phone was with her.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*