Still a long way

What comes after the end

Shinhye started to think back on all the things that she has done, good or bad, just to get Yonghwa by her side. Now that she has finally gotten him as her boyfriend, just on their first anniversary, when everything seemed to improve, this had to happen. She couldn't take it lying down, and swore that she would not let Yonghwa go to Seohyun. She has given up so many of her principles and pride to be with him, she won't let their relationship and her efforts end so fast. She continued to down herself with soju, ignoring the looks and stares that passer-bys were giving her.

 

On the other side, Seohyun has been rushed into the A&E, and has been put on a drip. She has been unconscious till now. The boys and the unnies were waiting worriedly outside for her. At that point of time, Yonghwa's mind was totally back on Seohyun. Just like how it was in the show, all that was left on his mind wasn't the next concert, the next song to compose, the next outfit to wear, and definitely wasn't about Shinhye, but his heart was totally and only focused on Seohyun alone. He was so worried of leaving her alone in the room full of doctors, nurses, needles and equipments. He then thought of the day when he and Seohyun went to donate blood on their 22nd day, but he left Seohyun to do it alone because he couldn;t donate blood. He remembered his promise of being with her together the next time in a situation like this again. But now, Seohyun was in there suffering and he can't even go in because he doesn't have any rights to.

 

Just then, the doctor came out of the room. Everyone rushed to the doctor and asked about Seohyun's condition. "Seohyun-ssi is anaemic now and she is also slightly dehydrated. We have already put her on a drip and we will let her undergo blood transfusion in awhile. Another reason why she has fainted is due to fatigue and tiredness. I understand as idols you can't always get enough rest but Seohyun-ssi's condition is considered quite serious. It would be best for her if she could rest at home and restrain from any major performances for now. Please make sure she doesn't undergo any stress for now as her body will not be able to take it." The doctor said in a lecturing mode to the gruop of worried friends and then left shaking his head.

 

Yonghwa called out after the doctor and asked if he can go in to be with Seohyun but he said only one at a time. Yonghwa wanted to rush inside and be with Seohyun right this second but Taeyeon stopped him and said, "Jung Yonghwa, do you really deserve to be with her right now? Now that she's sick, you're worried. What happens when she recovers? Are you doing to dump her, throw her to a side like what you did to your precious girlfriend just a moment ago?"

 

Yonghwa backed away for a moment, and then stepping back in, "Noona, I know what I'm doing. I know I have been a jerk for so long and making her cry for God knows how long but as someone who has dealt with her with his true feelings before, I can tell you that she needs me right now and I really need her. I'm sure my need for her is stornger. I was a fool for letting her go. But I will never make the same mistake again. Please give me a chance to redeem myself not only to you but also to Seohyun. I need and want to be with her now. She may be scared being inside the hospital room alone, but ttruth be told, I'm feeling ten times of what she's feeling. Please let me be with her. When all this is over, you can hit me, punish me in any way you want, just, please." Yonghwa heaved a long sigh after saying this, it seems like whatever is bottling inside of him is finally coming out. The whole group was touched by what Yonghwa had just said, and decided to let him be with her.

 

The moment Yonghwa went inside, his phone vibrated and so he switched off his mobile phone and held up Seohyun's hand, "Hyun~... Do you know how scared I am right now? Even before, when you fell, I was afraid of what's going to happen to you, and to us. I'm really very afraid of losing you. I once thought losing you was nothing to me because both of us would be happier but now I realise I'm so wrong. I'm so damned wrong. I don't care if you'll call me selfish or not, but you're the only one I've really wanted to take care of and protect for the rest of my life, the first, and definitely the last. If you can hear me right now, I want you to know that I love you so, so much. Even when one day, the heavens and the earth touches together, I'll still be holding your hand and tell you I love you. Hyun~ Please wake up and scold me, reprimand me, nag at me, please, I'm begging you."

 

Seohyun had heard everything he said. She had woken up when she heard what Yonghwa had said to the group outside. But now that they're alone and she hears him say that, all her doubts disappear and she just wants him to be with her. She let out a cry and said, "Yong~ I missed you so much too. The old you. The one I loved and cherished." Yonghwa was both shocked and happy when Seohyun woke up and he held her tightly in his arms. He was really never going to let her go from this point of time. "I know I may be letting Shinhye down from the moment I hold your hand, but I'm going to take full responsibility of what has happened. I am sorry to be so blind and let you go. This will never ever happen again. I swear on my life." Seohyun was so touched to hear this that she couldn't control her tears and just cried in front of him, throwing away whatever image and pride that she used to have towards him. The group outside who watched this scene felt so touched that they cried too.

 

"Unnie, I think our Yong-seobang (Seobang = in-law) is really back. Let's give him another chance." Hyoyeon said to Taeyeon. She herself was touched too, so she nodded in agreement while smiling thinking that all this is over.

 

"Our hyung is back!!" Jungshin exclaimed while being happy for the two lovebirds inside. The CN Blue boys hugged each other too in enjoyment.

 

However, good things never last. Shinhye had called Yonghwa earlier on, and instead of turning off the phone he had actually answered the call. She has heard everything through the phone and now she is bent on making Seohyun's life living hell. She set off to the hospital, without any plan in mind, but just thinking of letting Seohyun pay for her misery.

 

She went to the hospital, and found out which room Seohyun was in, but she couldn't just go in straight without being seen. She also saw the large group of people outside, so she decided to plan her revenge the next day.

 

The next day, miraculously, the doctors said that Seohyun was having a speedy recovery and that she could discharge today. Everyone had kept vigil for Seohyun and was happy to hear that she can be discharged. Although Yonghwa wanted her to rest for another day, Seohyun insisted on getting discharged, saying that she misses her gogumas. The doctors laughed and commented, "It must be the power of love. Amazing what love could do to youngsters these days!" Everyone laughed heartily and helped Seohyun to pack her stuff.

 

Seohyun said that she wanted to go to the garden below the hospital to enjoy the scenery, the boys were helping to pack Seohyun's things and the unnies went to drive the car over to fetch Seohyun. Yonghwa stayed with Seohyun while the rest were helping out. Shinhye followed them around and tried to give herself another chance. She called Yonghwa, and if he answered and get back to her, she would give up on revenge. Yonghwa saw the caller ID being Shinhye, and excused himself from Seohyun while he picked up the phone.

 

Yonghwa answered the call and spoke coldly, asking Shinhye if she's alright. "Alright? How can I be alright? You abandoned me on our first anniversary!! How could you do that?? For a stranger at that!" Yonghwa then prepared himself for the worst and told Shinhye, "I'm sorry, but I've realised what we had wasn't love. And all along, I was trying to suppress my feelings. Seeing Seohyun faint yesterday really broke my heart. I hope you will understand... I am really sorry Shinhye." Shinhye was heartbroken and decided to take revenge once and for all. She concluded that this was all Seohyun's fault. Shinhye pretended to make sounds as if she was in a painful shape. She was watching Yonghwa and Seohyun all along and knew that he was away from her.

 

Yonghwa was distracted and kept asking Shinhye if she was okay. Shinhye took this chance to run towards Seohyun and pull her hair. Seohyun got a shock and wanted to shout, but Shinhye covered , she then threw a black plastic bag over her head so Seohyun doesn't know who she is. Seohyun wanted to cry out for Yonghwa but he was still on the phone with Shinhye, as Seohyun was on a wheelchair, she couldn't stand up and fight back. Shinhye took one last bet and pushed with all her strength, Seohyun's wheelchair towards the road. She wanted to push her into the garden but had lost control of her direction. She hung up on the phone and ran away. Yonghwa walked back to the spot to find Seohyun, but saw that she has dropped her blanket. He looked straight front and saw Seohyun in the middle of the road.

 

He ran towards the road as fast as he could, and in the next second, Seohyun was hit by an oncoming Chevrolet.