The truth II

What comes after the end

All the unnies and Yonghwa was shocked at what she had said.

 

Hyoyeon went forward and asked her to repeat herself.

 

"Seohyun, can you just repeat what you said?"

 

"Unnie, I've been bearing this for six months plus. Geunsuk oppa and I were in a relationship before WGM started, why didn't you pull me out of the show knowing that I already have a boyfriend? I can't even imagine the pain he felt when he was watching me on the show with another guy. And this guy, Jung Yonghwa, he had played with Shinhye-unnie's feelings and he is now only using me as a replacement. It was lucky I had the car accident or I would've been cheated by him of my feelings. Why are all of you so blind?"

 

Yonghwa said, "Hyun, who told you all these?"

 

"Why? I caught your tail didn't I? Luckily Geunsuk oppa came to the hospital on the night after you came. Or I'd never have known all these!"

 

"Hyun, listen to me..."

 

Seohyun slapped Yonghwa.

 

"Don't touch me. I don't want you to be anywhere near me!"

 

Everyone was shocked by what Seohyun just did and Hyoyeon shouted at her to stop. When she refused to listen, Seohyun ran off from the concert area and took a taxi. She tried to call Geunsuk but he didn't pick up his phone. She told the taxi driver to drive around the neighbourhood area for the moment until she know where to stop. When the taxi drove to a row of red houses, a particular house stood out and she asked to be dropped off at that area.

 

The reason why that house stood out was particularly because it was white in colour. She felt intrigued by the house and before she knew it, she was standing in front of the house. A puppy came out to greet her, as if welcoming her to the house, and she had flashbacks of her standing in the same spot, but a guy was covering her with his own jacket. Before she felt giddy, the owner of the house came out.

 

"Ah! It's you, Seohyun-ssi! It's been so long since you came here. Where's your hubby?"

 

"Annyong haseyo. Oh? My husband?"

 

"Yes, Yonghwa-ssi? Both of you still look so matching after so long."

 

Seohyun got mad at the mention of his name but she didn't want to be rude so she just smiled and turned away.

 

"Did you come to visit the house? Since you left, I didn't take down your things. I left everything intact. Do you want to take a look?"

 

Seohyun felt that she has got nothing to lose, so she went up to the second floor.

 

On the other hand, the unnies were anxiously speaking with their manager on the concert and on the issue of Seohyun running away. Yonghwa tried calling her to look for her, but to no avail, he then ran out to look for her.

 

Seohyun went into the house and a nostalgic feeling came over her. She was feeling... At home. She looked around the balcony, and immediately thought of Jungshin. Another sudden flashback of her watching Avatar with a guy by her side came out again. This time, the face was much more clearer. It was Yonghwa.

 

She tried to brush off her feelings but everything seemed to piece themselves into her mind, the blender which holds so much memories for them even on their last day, she saw herself blending yam and fruits for her husband, the sofa, she saw both herself and Yonghwa sitting there and singing their banmal song. She felt many things were falling in pieces and whatever she has felt when she experienced in this house, she was feeling them again. 

 

"Yonghwa oppa... But that was all a show right? Why does my heart hurt so much?"

 

She went into their bedroom and sat on the bed. A letter then fell out.

 

Yonghwa was anxiously looking for Seohyun when a taxi stopped in front of him.

 

"Hey, you're the husband from YongSeo couple right?"

 

Yonghwa wanted to walk away because he was feeling frustrated not being able to find Seohyun.

 

The driver then continued, "What luck! I just drove your wife a moment ago and now I bumped into you! Hahah!"

 

Yonghwa stopped and ran to the driver, "My wife? Who?"

 

"Ah, Seohyun-ssi, of course!"

 

"Can you drive me to where you drove her? Please." Yonghwa said to the driver, almsot begging.

 

"Ah of course!!" The driver then drove speedily to where he dropped Seohyun.

 

"Hyun, this is your husband, yong. Today marks the fifth day since of our virtual marriage. Thanks to you, I've come to realise that there id actually so much to learn, and how books can actually benefit me. I used to sleep whenever I read books. But after writing numerous book reports thanks to you, I see your face every time I read a book, and I always find myself smiling. I was once scolded by Jonghyun for smiling when reading a book about murders! Aigoo... I miss all our days, as I'm writing this letter, all the emotions came back to me. It has been a few days only but it feels like months have passed, I've sent you so many texts and I've never received any from you. But I always believe that you are the one for me. I really want you to not only be my girlfriend, but my one and only wife. When I came here, the lady owner told me that she would keep the second floor for us whenever we want to come back and stay. I hope that one day, you and I will buy this house for ouselves, and change the whole interior to our favourite and most meaningful avatar theme. Oh, and we must ask Jungshin-chingu to help us. Only he is tall enough. Let's get help from your unnies too okay? Keke. I really missed you alot. Hope that you will find this, somehow, through fate. I love you."

 

Seohyun teared after reading the letter, and everything falls back into pieces. She remembered everything. The feelings between them were true. None of it was fake. Everything fake was what took place in these six months. She then remembered slapping her yong hubby and hurling all those words at him. She couldn't control herself and cried. "Yong~ I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, where are you?"

 

"Pabo, I'm here. I've never left your heart." Yonghwa shouted, with tears in his eyes, and smiling at Seohyun. He ran towards her and gave her a long hug.

 

"Saranghae."