Nothing more than a show

What comes after the end

"YA, SEO JOO HYUN, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! CLIMBING UP SO HIGH?!" Yonghwa shouted at Seohyun. She didn't know how to react to him, she was having mixed feelings on whether to be ecstatic to see him, shocksed that he shouted at her, or angry for the fact that he's now attached with someone else but her.

 

"Op... Oppa... Why are you here? I thought you're back in Seoul? How come you're still in Japan? And in this place? Why?" Seohyun asked while holding back her tears. Yonghwa looked at her eyes and the tears that were welling up inside, took out a tissue and passed it to her without looking at her in the eye. "Take this and wipe your tears. Girls look ugly when they cry..." Seohyun looked at the tissue and then slapped it away. "Oppa, you haven't answered my question, why are you here?"

 

Yonghwa then looked up at her, "I came here this morning on a schedule, it was a last-minute schedule, even the media didn't know beforehand that we were coming here. How have you been? Are you okay? You nearly fell down..." Yonghwa asked, looking down again. "Oppa, are you attached to Park Shinhye unnie now? It's not real right? They are just rumors, aren't they?" Seohyun's words pierced like knives in Yonghwa's heart. He knew he was attached, but somehow he always felt better when he was with Seohyun. He had lots of things to tell Seohyun, but he just couldn't mouth out the words he had planned to say. Instead, he just told her coldly, "Yeah, our companies both said yes. How could it be fake? Didn't you read the news carefully? We're officially together."

 

Seohyun's cheeks turned hot and red. She thought to herself, "What am I thinking, you know this guy in front of you is already attached, and you can still ask him whether it's true or not. Seo Joo Hyun, where are you going to hide your face now?", and then she said, "Oh, I just found out about it today, during a press conference. The reporters were concerned about your relationship..."

 

"Oppa, do you really love Shinhye unnie?"

 

"If I don't I wouldn't be together with her. Why are you so concerned about us?"

 

"I... I wanna know if our 1 year plus marriage meant anything to you. I was prepared to..."

 

"It was just for entertainment. We're not the only couples who did this show. So you mean the other couples are all serious in the marriage and have gotten together in real life?"

 

"That's true... Yeap, everything was just for the show..."

 

"Anyway, what did you say you were prepared for?"

 

Seohyun's heart turned cold, her tears dried, and her eyes hardened. "It's nothing Yonghwa, nothing you should be concerned about. Nice to meet you here. See you back in Seoul, or wherever."

 

 

Yonghwa hurt when Seohyun talked to him like this, but he couldn't understand why. He thought all along, she had no feelings for him, as he didn't get any calls or texts from her, when he had tried to message her, he didn't get any reply either. This was also one of the main reason why he decided to give Shinhye and himself a chance, instead of waiting like a fool. But now he feels that Seohyun will be much happier without him or their memories hurting her.

 

"Anyway, you should be having a happy life now too right? I've read news of you and Kyuhyun together too. Both of you match well."

 

"Yes we do. I guess we don't have anything to catch up on anymore. Since our only memories together were of the show. So since the show meant nothing for you, then we're no different from strangers of the same industry. Anyway it's time for me to go. Goodbye Yonghwa-ssi."

 

Yonghwa felt his tears welling up and tried to help Seohyun walk, but she pushed him abruptly and said, "I'm not as weak as you think I may be." Then she walked off.

 

Yonghwa looked at the wooden tablet which he and Seohyun has written their wishes on, and cried uncontrollably. He then said to himself, "It's for the better."

 

 

Author: Hello ^^ I've decided to change the way of paragraphing my chapters since it looks too chunky. Hope this is better and easier for you readers!! <3 Please continue to support this story, heheh.