On the last episode

What comes after the end

Yonghwa watched quietly as Seohyun went into the building and took the lift. Memories of her hugging him just seconds ago felt as though it happened a long time ago. As he walked down the streets, he couldn't help but think about everything they had been through together before - Planting gogumas, bickering over small issues, pushing and pulling each other, letting his wife meet his mother and his friends from outside showbiz, and all the surprises they took their best effort to plan for one another. He finally allowed himself to shed those tears that he had been holding in since the start of receiving his last mission for the show.

 

Seohyun, on the other hand, was replaying the same thing. All their memories surfaced to her mind. Her eyes stared blankly into the lift buttons which she didn't even have the energy to press. Since she parted ways with her virtual husband, she tried her best to think about all their memories, afraid that she will forget it. Till now, she has been standing inside the immobile lift for 15 minutes. Hyoyeon, one of Seohyun's closest unnie, was just outside the lift door and tried to get into the lift.

 

"Dae, dae, that's right. Nah, it's alright. No problem. Don't worry about AHHHHHHH!" Hyoyeon got a huge shock when she saw Seohyun with her head down, sobbing, when the lift doors opened. "I'll call you back later. Sorry for that." Hyoyeon hurriedly put down her call and went towards Seohyun. Seohyun was still oblivious to her unnie despite hearing her scream and the opening of the lift doors. "Hyun ah, what has happened? Why are you crying alone, not going back to the dorm? You silly girl!"

 

Seohyun finally looked up, but when she saw her Hyoyeon unnie, she burst out into tears and continued crying badly. "Hyun ah, it's alright. We'll go back to the dorm and then talk about this alright? Please wipe off your tears. They break unnie's heart." Seohyun finally stopped sobbing for what seemed like a millenium and managed to utter a few words to her unnie, "Dae unnie... Let's go back... I don't know where else I'd rather be right now..." Hyoyeon's heart ached when she saw her little maknae crying. She wanted her to be back to her cheerful self and at the same time, find out what has happened. She wanted to ask more, but stopped when she remembered what Seohyun told her in the morning, "Unnie, today's the last day I'll get to see Yong. But don't worry, I'm strong enough, and I'll be back home early after filming!" Hyoyeon kept quiet and held her maknae close to her when they were on their way to the dorm.

 

Seohyun went straight into the bathroom without greeting her unnies, those who were in the living room talking about their schedule for Japan. They watched Seohyun silently and asked Hyoyeon what happened. "Unnie, what happened to Hyun? She never comes home without greeting us." Sooyoung asked, while turning back to look at her little sister. "I think it may be because of Yonghwa. Today's their last day of the show. I'll talk to her when she comes out." Hyoyeon said, looking onto Seohyun's bag.

 

Yonghwa didn't went back to the CN Blue's dorm but planning to go to his practise room instead. The last place they were at just a while ago, when Seohyun was playing the guitar, singing to him the Banmal song they wrote together. On his way there, he saw three dark figures standing there, the CN Blue members were waiting for him there, giving each other a knowing look when they saw their hyung. "Hyung, kwenchana? You look really down right now." Minhyuk said when he saw their hyung approaching. "Dae, I'm fine. I'm a tough hyung, remember? Hahah." Although that's what he claims, the three guys can sense the sadness in their hyung. They proposed bringing him to have supper, but Yonghwa let another tear fall as he remembered the scenario of having ddokbukki with his lovely wife just moments ago, and his boys bit their lips and felt guilty. All three said in unison, "Hyung, what's over can't be undone. Let time heal the wound. Now we have to focus on our promotional activities. Let's go back." Yonghwa siad nothing but just nodded and went back with the boys. While their hyung were walking in front alone, the three boys looked on helplessly and said, "Hopefully he'll be fine." Just then, Yonghwa's phone vibrated, but he didn't bother to check it and just continued walking.

 

After Seohyun had finished bathing, her unnies had already fallen asleep. (She had taken 2 hours to bathe because she was sobbing in-between), but Hyoyeon was still waiting for her patiently outside, sitting on the sofa. "Hyun ah, are you feeling better right now? Do you want to talk to unnie? I'm sure you will feel much better after letting it out rather than keeping it in all to yourself. Unnie is always here for you." Seohyun looked at her unnie with her tears-drenched eyes and began to tear again. "Unnie, to tell you the truth, I really need to talk to somebody I trust right now." Hyoyeon held Seohyun's hand and led her to sit on the sofa, and said, "Okay hyun, I'm ready to be your listening ear, even if this is going to take one whole night. Just let it all out." Seohyun then let her tears fall once again and started to talk in a trembling voice. "Unnie, I can't believe our married life is over so soon. Even though it may have been over a year, I still can't belive it. Until now, I regret many things which I could have done but didn't because I was so busy being upset with him... I miss having him texting me, bothering me, being jealous over childish things, standing over the window after we have a childish fight. It is hurting me really badly because I know those memories are a thing of the past..." Seohyun went on and on and kept choking on her words because of her sobs. Hyoyeon listened patiently to whatever Seohyun has to say. "He made me feel what was like and love. I'm sure that my feelings for him were strong throughout the show. We may have been under the camera and did the things which we did because of the mission given, but our emotions sure wasn't planned... Unnie, I feel so lost right now, I don't know how can I move on from this." Hyoyeon then started to speak after her little maknae has stopped talking, holding her hand, Hyoyeon said, "Hyun ah, some things are uncontrollable and we can't do anything else but to watch it happen. As idols, we are more restricted and have more concerns which limits us to do the things which we want to. But everything happens for a reason, I'm sure that's the same case as between you and Yonghwa. Both of you matched perfectly in your own imperfect ways, and no one could be able to go in-between you two. You may have regrets right now but that's what made the memories so precious to you, right? Cheer up hyun ah. We have to not let our feelings get over us. Your marriage with him may be over but no one's stopping you from being friends. I'm sure you can be good friends to each other especially after today. Cheer up hyun. We will always be behind your back and support you through the choices you make." Seohyun was glad that she finally was able to speak her mind to someone, and her unnie's words calmed her down. "Kumowo unnie... I guess I need to have a rest... Today has been a really long day for me..." Hyoyeon hugged her and then walked her to her room, "Dae hyun ah, sleep tight."

 

Yonghwa went straight into his room without a bath, and laid on his bed immediately. He accidentally pressed on his phone and said a message had been sent to him. He then remembered he felt his phone vibrated awhile ago. He could feel his heart thumping hard with the hope that maybe Seohyun had sent him a text message, but he hopes fell when he saw the name wasn't from Seohyun. It was from Jang Geuk Suk, his buddy--co star from You're Beautiful. "Cheer up bud." When he was about to lock his phone, he received another text message, but to his disappointment again, it was from Park Shin Hye, his other co-star of the same drama, "Ya Kang Shinwoo (Yonghwa's role in You're Beautiful), don't let me find out you've been crying!" Yonghwa gave a bitter smile and then went to sleep without replying any of the texts.