Chapter 18

She's My Girl...

HyunJi’s POV

“Pick-up lines, huh?” I teased. Sehun giggled.

“You got it~ Well, see you at school tomorrow. And, I hope you will stay close to us tomorrow. I’m afraid that Minji and her friends would hurt you again,” he told me.

“Okay… Bye~” I waved to him. Thanks for understanding me, oppa... I said.

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

“I home~”

“You’re home. How’s the party going?” my mother asked.

“Fun? Or maybe? I guess… But I’d rather stay at home,” I mumbled.

“Hyunji…” my mother said as tears started to fill her eyes.

“Mom? What- Why are you- Grandma~ Grandpa~” I called.

“What happen?” my grandfather asked as they came out from the living room.

“Haneul… Are you okay?” my grandmother asked. My mother nodded. My grandparents and I were bewildered.

“Mom~” I whined and does aegyo. It’s my habit when my mother is sad. But since my father left us, I never do it. My mother then hugged me.

“You’re back…” she said.

“Back?” My grandparents and I repeated in unison.

“What do you mean?” My grandfather asked.

“Yeah…What do you mean, mom?” I asked.

“My Akiko is back. That’s what I mean, dear…” my mother said. Akiko… That’s when I’m still in Japan... I thought.

“Well… I guess so…” I said as I scratched my head that is not itchy.

“People can change, mom… Anyway, I wanna take a shower now,” I said and kissed them before went to my room.

­-End of POV-

 

“Okay… We don’t know what you are talking about. But, can you tell us exactly from the beginning?” Hyunji’s grandfather requested. Her mother explained to them what had happened to Hyunji her father’s death.

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

 

Sehun’s POV

As soon as I entered my room, I threw myself on the bed.

-Flashback-

“I- Hyunji-ah… If I said that I like you. No. I mean. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?” I plucked up the courage to ask her.

“What-” before she could continue, I kissed her lips.

“Hyunji-ah, I won’t force you to love me. But, I just want you to know that I really love you. I fall for you since the first time we met. That day, when you and Kai were alone at the nurses’ office, I heard everything you said. My heart really hurts when I heard it,” I told her.

“B- But- I’m sorry. I can’t,” were all she said.

-End of Flashback-

Oh Sehun~ You shouldn’t have confessed. She likes him and you know it. I said to myself. Maybe I really shouldn’t have to confess to her. But, being her oppa also fine. As long as I’m with her. My thoughts snapped out when my phone rings. Kai...

“What do you want?” I asked straightly.

Yah! Is that how you greet people on the phone?!” he shrieked.

“Whatever~ So, what do you want?” I asked again.

Did you do something to Hyunji? Or said something to her?” he asked.

Like he knows I have something to say to her; I thought.

Yah! You hear me?!

“I heard it. If I had, what will you do?”

I- Depends on what you did,” he said. His voice sounds nervous.

“Okay. Honestly, I’ve confessed to her and kissed her lips. Well, she had soft lips, you know?” I said straightly, making him jealous.

WHAT?! Yah! Are you out of your mind?!” he yelled. I smirked.

“Why? Are you jealous? You like her, right? Why didn’t you just tell her the truth? Why didn’t you confess to her first? Why didn’t you just say that you like her?” I attacked him with questions.

This kid…” I heard him mumbled. I giggled.

Yah! You- It’s not that I didn’t. I just- I just didn’t have any courage to tell her. That’s all,” he said.

“So, you like her? Maybe you should confess to her or I’ll get her. In any way,” I told him.

Yah~ Why are like this to me? ~ I’m your hyung~ By the way, I won’t let you have her! SHE’S MY GIRL…” he said. Now that’s my hyung; I thought.

“Oh yeah? We’ll see…” I challenged.

Of- Of course!” he stammered.

“Okay. See you tomorrow!” I hung up.

-End of POV-

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

Kai’s POV

Oh God~ It’s supposed to be me who’s the one to send her home. Not him. Even though they are neighbor; I thought. Maybe I should call Sehun.

“What do you want?” he asked straightly, not even saying ‘hello’.

“Yah! Is that how you greet people on the phone?!” I shrieked.

“Whatever~ So, what do you want?” he asked again, acting innocent.

“Did you do something to Hyunji? Or said something to her?” I asked. He didn’t answer my question. What’s wrong with this kid?

“Yah! You hear me?!” I shouted.

I heard it. If I had, what will you do?” again, acting innocent.

“I- Depends on what you did,” I stammered.

Okay. Honestly, I’ve confessed to her and kissed her lips. Well, she had soft lips, you know?” he said straightly. WTH?!

“WHAT?! Yah! Are you out of your mind?!” I yelled.

Why? Are you jealous? You like her, right? Why didn’t you just tell her the truth? Why didn’t you confess to her first? Why didn’t you just say that you like her?” he asked me many question. Does he know I like her? I asked myself.

“This kid…” I mumbled. I heard him giggled. This kid really makes me crazy…

“Yah! You- It’s not that I didn’t. I just- I just didn’t have any courage to tell her. That’s all,” I told him the truth.

So, you like her? Maybe you should confess to her or I’ll get her. In any way,” I told him.

“Yah~ Why are like this to me? ~ I’m your hyung~ By the way; I won’t let you have her! SHE’S MY GIRL…” I said. Yes. She’s My Girl. No matter what. I’ll confess to her tomorrow! I said to myself.

Oh, yeah? We’ll see…” he challenged.

“Of- Of course!” I stammered.

Okay. See you tomorrow!” he hung up. What the- 

-End of POV-

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

HyunJi’s POV

After having shower, I sit on my bed when my phone rings. Kai? When did I- Without any hesitation, I answered the call.

“Hello?”

Hey… Uhm… It’s me, Kai.”

“Hey… Kai… Uh… Where did you get my phone number?” I asked.

Well… I- Firstly, sorry. I took your phone from your bag when you’re at the washroom. We enter our own numbers in your phone,” he told.

“What?!”

Mianhae~” he apologized.

“Okay. For now, I forgive you,” I forgave him.

“So, what do you want?”

I… Well, Nothing… Just wanna talk to you. Hyunji-ah, uhm… Can I have a favor? ” he asked.

“Uh… What is it?”

Can you help me study?” 

“Su- Sure. What do you want me to help? We can just discuss it tomorrow,” I told him.

Really? Okay. I wanna study everything about you. Can I?” he said. Pick-up lines… I said. My heart beats faster than usual.

“I- I’m sorry. I have to hang up now. Bye! See you at school tomorrow,” I said and hung up. I covered myself with my blanket. My heart still beating fast.

-End of POV-

 

To Be Continued…