chapter 26

My Rock. My Heart, My Love

 

Later on at lunch, Hyuk was at the table talking to Sungmin while waiting for Kyuhyun and Hae to come.

“So I heard about your essay from Hae. He said that it was really amazing.”

“Really?”

“Yes, he said that he wished that you had told him earlier about her.”

“I know but you know how hard it is for me to talk about her.”

“I know but I also know how hard it was for you to go up there and talk about her. It’s obvious that you did it for Hae.”

“Yea, it was and I did do it for him. I know he is going through a lot and I just want him to know that I am there for him.” Said Hyukjae

Suddenly he feels arms wrap around his neck and he feels the familiar warmth of Donghae surround him.

“Thanks Hyukkie. That means a lot to me.”

Hyuk got up and wrapped his arms around Hae.

“Anything for you.”

“I was wondering if you could tell me more about Sora.” Asked Hae while biting his lip waiting for a reply from Hyukjae

“Sure.” He replied

“Did you really mean what you said? About believing that she sent me here to make you happy.”

“Yes Hae, 100%. Every since you came into my life I have never been this happy.”

“Aww that’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me.”

After hugging for who know how long the two sat down and started eating there lunch and chatting with Kyu and Sungmin. Hae kept on wondering what Sora was like how close was she and Hyukjae. Seeing how strong Hyukjae was he knew that if he did lose his appa he would be okay because he has his family and friends, but most importantly he has Hyukjae.

          After school the two went to Hyukjae’s house to study. While getting some snacks from the kitchen Hyukjae’s parents walked in.

“Oh Hi Donghae.”

“Hi Mr. and Mrs. Lee.”

“How are you doing? Hyukjae told us about your appa.”

“I’m doing fine. Hyukjae is really helping with it.”

“That’s good to hear. If you need anything we are always here if you need it.”

“Thanks Mrs. Lee that means a lot.”

“You are welcome sweetie. If you two need us we will be off on our first date in years.” Said Mr. Lee

“Bye Umma and Appa. Have a good time.”

          The two went into the den and watched television. The only one watching was Hyukjae because Hae was to busy watching him.

“It’s not nice to stare Hae.”

“Sorry, I was just wondering if Sora looked like you.”

“Would you like to see her?”

“Yea that would be nice.”

Hyukjae got up and went over to grab the family photo album. It had been so long since he looked in it that he didn’t know what to expect.

“Okay this one was a year before she died. We were on a family vacation. This one is from her last birthday.”

“Wow she is really beautiful.”

“She really was.”

As they looked through the photos Hyukjae started crying without ever realizing that he was. It wasn’t until Hae wiped away his tears that he realized it.

“It’s okay Hyukkie.”

For the first time in a really long time Hyukjae broke down and cried. All Hae could do was just hold him and let him know that he would always be there for him.