Chapter Two: Plans

The Devil And His Flower

 

“Donghae! Donghae! She is nowhere in the mansion!”

Donghae scratched his head in frustration. “That idiot! Where did she go?” He quickly dressed himself up with his finest clothes.

“Master, Nichkhun’s car is not even here. Maybe they left.” Eunhyuk added. “Nichkhun is a messenger of the elders. Maybe he will..”

That knocked him in his thoughts. Nichkhun is willing to kill anybody on his way. It would be easy for him to kill Yoona.

“Very well, I will go.” He straightened his tie. “My car. Get it ready.”

I’ll save you Yoona.

 

***

 

“You haven’t come to town much? Well it will be troublesome for Donghae if humans found out what he really is. Eh Yoona-ssi?”

Yoona looked at him. “I feel sick.”

Nichkhun frowned and leaned closely. “Are you okay? Want to throw up?”

Yoona shook her head.

They went out of the car and went inside the mall.

“Suddenly deciding in our own? He’s probably worried.” Yoona suddenly said.

Nichkhun smirked. “He’s not worried. He’s probably sleeping.” He looked up the sunlight. “It’s daylight.”

Yoona looked at him for once. “I just saw him drinking someone’s blood.” She clenched her fists. “It was a little scary.” She looked up and saw the wide blue sky. “But more than that, I was sad. Because he wont let me touch him.”

Nichkhun held her hands and looked at her beautiful face. For once, the innocence touched his heart.

“I want to touch him!”

He smiled. “You should tell that directly to him. He’s here. I can sense him.”

She frowned. “Donghae doesn’t go out during daylight.”

“Yoona!” a voice said.

She looked up, just to see the man she love,  exposing himself to daylight.

“Don’t go through such trouble.” He glared at Nichkhun who grinned at him as if saying ‘You’re lucky Donghae!’

Yoona rushed to hug him. Donghae was instantly perplexed. Is there such thing? A flower that would not crumble in his touch?

“Donghae. I will give you a favor.” He stepped forward. “I will just tell the elders that I failed. Sorry for troubling you.” He bowed lowly.

Donghae frowned. How could Nichkhun say to the elders that he has failed? Is he planning something.

“I am not planning something.” He said as if he knows what he’s thinking. “it’s just that. I want to see Yoona more frequent. Would you let me? As a compensation for my silence?”

 

 

Donghae’s P.O.V.:

Eighteen years ago, I came to Earth from the demon world to escape from constant boredom.

 

Flashback:

“Master where are you going?”

“To the surface.” I mumbled as straightened myself.

The servant scratched his head. “To the human world? What kind of business are you-…”

Donghae smirked. “No business really.”

All of my followers tried to flatter me.

“You bear the future of the demon world. You are a demon of high standing.”

I frowned. ‘It’s too formal! Too boring! I’ve had enough! I’m not interested in that!”

But from the beginning I was already detached from everything. I flew from the demon world and headed to the surface. Not so long, I got tired of the quiet lifestyle on earth.

That’s when I picked Yoona.

I didn’t understand anything about kids so I summoned maids from the underworld. Yes she was just something to pass the time.

Then several years later….

Yoona grew into beautiful fair young lady.

She did not try to flatter me or ingratiate herself to me. She just kept close to me, smiling stupidly.

Is she stupid?

No matter how cultured she became, she kept going to me. Smiling at me. I never had anyone smiling innocently at me.

She had always been a weird girl. She toddled after me, giggling all the time. Eventually, she started bringing me flowers.

When a demon  prince touches a flower, it withers and dies. But she kept bringing them and never gets discouraged. I was scared. That this girl who laughed like a flower, would wither and die like one held by a demon.

I was scared of losing her so I made sure to ever touch her.

 

***

Master Donghae.” A voice said. “Tiffany-ssi has arrived.”

A woman came strutting from the doorway “I’m honored to be invited as your guest tonight.” She said as she batted her eyes as ily as she could manage.

Donghae tok a step forward. “You’ll be a great help.” He lifted her chin and readied his fangs. “I am just hetting thirsty. “ he leaned to her neck and…

“Hey!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. “Please do this kind of privacy in your own room.”

Donghae glared at him. “Very well.” He muttered as he led Tiffany to his rooms.

“DONGHAE-OPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Someone hugged him from behind. He’s sure who it is.

No one but Yoona

That annoying girl.

“Yoona. Why are you up so late?” He looked at his watch. It’s 12 midnight.

“You’re going to drink blood again?” Yoona stared at Tiffany

“I’ve told you many times that demons like drinking the living’s blood.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Don’t worry girl.” She turned at Donghae. “I am ot going to let him drink my blood tonight.”

 

He looked frustatingly at her.

 

“Let me go home early tonight.”

 

“What?” he clenched his hands.

 

Tiffany leaned to his ear. “But instead.” She bit her lip ily. “Would you come over my mansion tomorrow night? If you will not come, I will never share my blood with you again. “

 

She walked away saying “Have a good night.” Leaving Donghae in frustration.

 

Eunhyuk whispered. ”Hae, first of all. That woman knows your existence as a demon and is the only person willing to provide you blood. If you upset her, then no more blood for you my boy.”

 

Donghae nodded.

 

“Actually the easiest solution for you is to give up human blood. It’s not like you need it to live. Take me for example I don’t drink any.”

 

Donghae smirked. He is not listening. “You were saying?”

 

Yoona frowned. “Why is everyone whispering?”

 

Donghae punched the table. “This is such a pain but to smooth things over, I think I have to go.”

 

***

 

“Are you done?”

 

There is someone waiting by the post light, leaning against the wall as if waiting for her.

 

“Yes  Nichkhun. Done.”

 

Nichkhun grinned. “Donghae would be a mice in a trap. Mission complete tomorrow. And as an added bonus, Yoona would be mine.”

 

***

 

“Donghae look at this.”

 

Donghae opened his eyes, seeing a beautiful young girl in his bed, leaning closely to his face.

 

“I found this on a book I was reading.” She continued waving a magazine. She opened it. “This! The fortune of the full moon.”

 

“Go away!”

 

Yoona ignored him. “Tonight’s full moon is a special.special that only happens every 150 years.” She said excitedly. “It says that if you see this full moon with someone you love, you can be with that person forever and ever.”

 

“Fortune?”

 

“Let’s watch that full moon tonight.”

 

Donghae scratched his chin. “No, I  am going to Tiffany’s mansion tonight.”

 

“Who is more important, me or her?” she said faking  a tear.

 

“Her blood.”

 

Yoona was shocked. She bowed in defeat. “Very well. I am going to watch it alone.” She went out of his room.

 

“I am sorry.” He muttered to himself. “I know we will ever be together forever.”