The Plan: Moonwatching and Revelations

The Devil And His Flower

 

Nichkhun was in his car, driving at high speeds. Today is his day. Donghae will now say goodbye. The fulfillment of his mission and at the same time, being alone with Yoona.

 

He craves for her blood. He will do anything to take Yoona away from Donghae. And by the time Donghae was forced back to a demon realm, he will enjoy Yoona’s blood.

 

He hadn’t had the taste of blood for while now. The last time was when he killed a young student flirting at him at the mall. How he hate flirt girls! They get into his nerves. Every girl, demon or not, falls for him. He despised them.

 

But for some reason, Nichkhun now wants to take care of her rather than kill her. Is he in loved? No way! He wants to drink her fresh blood but at the same time he wants to take care of her. How ironic.

 

He was halfway to Donghae’s mansion. The mansion was peculiar. With high fortified walls, no one can get the access in it. As an added phenomena, it is the top of the hill.

 

The gates opened. Eunhyuk was there waiting for him. How he hate mingling with these servants. Such lowly demons.

 

“Good afternoon Nichkhun-ssi.” He greeted, smiling at him.

 

Nichkhun smiled back. “Good afternoon too.” If not because of his plan, he would have said ‘what’s good about the morning especially if I saw a monkey just now’.

 

He walked to the main living room just to see Yoona, arms hugging her knees.

 

“What’s the matter Yoong?” he whispered in her ear as he leaned to her neck. Fragrant blood.

 

Yoona looked at him. “Nothing.”

 

“Idiot, why are you here!?” a stern voice said.

 

Both of them looked at him. He was now dressed elegantly. A black tie in match of his black tuxedo. Added to this was his fashionable hat. Totally gorgeous.

 

“Eunhyuk, get him out of here.”

 

Eunhyuk obeyed. He dragged him to the main door. Yoona made an act of objection but then she shut .

 

“Eunhyuk, you lowly creature! Stop this nonsense!.” He broke off his hold.

 

Nichkhun straightened his tie. “Donghae, is that how you treat someone who had done a favor for you?”

Donghae did not answer.

 

“Well, Yoona-ssi. Want to go to town again?”

 

She shook her head. “I am going to watch the moon tonight. “

 

Nichkhun tilted his head. “The moon?” he rubbed his eyes. “I see. Well I can join you.”

 

“Well Donghae is with me.” She looked at him. “Right oppa?”

 

Donghae glared at her. “As I said I have an appointment.”

 

“It’s only one night. You should try to spend it with her. “ Nichkhun said, trying to sound concerned. “You need to be nicer Hae. Where are you headed anyway?”

 

Donghae sat down crossed-legged. “None of your business.” He turned to Yoona. “ Nichkhun will be with you tonight.”

 

Yoona hugged her knees tighter. “I want to be with you.”

 

Donghae once again stood. “Well I will leave something. “ He pointed into his shadow and at a blink of an eye, a black raven came from it.

 

“A bird out of shadows.” Nichkhun whispered. “Amazing.”

 

He walked towards Yoona. “Think of this bird as me and play with it.”

 

Nichkhun giggled. “A proxy bird!”

 

“Shut it!”

 

Yoona held the bird and exclaimed. “This thing is not you!”

 

He ignored her and walked away to his car.

 

“Don’t worry.” Nichkhun said. “I’ll be with you.”

 

Yoona looked at him, unsatisfied.

 

“Well can I read that magazine?” He mumbled. “To have an idea.”

 

Yoona gave him the magazine.

 

“This country had a custom of worshipping the moon. “ He began. “Well, I think it will be more fun when we will eat dumplings while watching.”

 

Yoona smiled. “Thank you oppa.”

 

He smiled back. “I’ll make sure it will be quite romantic.” He grinned. “it’s once in a 150 years. Well let’s cook.”

***

 

He is busy kneading while she is busy decorating. They were there, making dumplings. Nichkhun had never imagined himself cooking with a girl. Now he is there. With the girl  he is destined to kill.

 

“You want to put some syrup on that to make them easier to eat?” he inquired to the Yoona, whose hair was tied into a clean ponytail.

 

She resumed her work. “No thanks, Donghae doesn’t like sweet things.”

 

Nichkhun frowned but he did not show it. “That’s for him?”

 

“Yeah.”  She said happily. “He might want to eat some tomorrow. So I’m making him some now. “

 

His hands clenched into fists. But then he does not want his anger to be obvious. “How about putting salt on them instead?”

 

“Good idea!”

 

Moments later, they’re done and were just waiting for the moon to come out.

 

“We’re going to have fun without him. Nichkhun and Eunhyuk were here.

 

***

 

“What’s the matter, Donghae? You are always looking up the sky?”

 

He stood from his seat which happened to be the balcony’s banisters. “Yoona told me she wanted to watch the moon with me.”

 

“Then?” said Tiffany.

 

“I’ve decided to go home.” He said as he stood to prepare.

 

“But you haven’t eaten yet.” She said, stammering. “You came here for blood right?”

 

“Now is not the time for saying stuff like that.” He straightened himself. “If I miss this night, the next one is not coming for the next 150 years.”

 

“Huh?”

 

A noise was heard downstairs. The sound townspeople screaming.

 

“Bring that demon down you !”

 

“That demon!”

 

He looked at Tiffany who seemed to be sweating. “I’m sorry.” She opened a secret door. “I’ll help you escape. Just use your wings to fly.”

 

Donghae can’t believe it. But nevertheless accepted the help.

 

“You’ll regret this!” he flew away and escaped.

 

“Yes I will. Because I will be dead in a matter of hours. I’m sorry Donghae. And I love you.” She said to herself.