Always here by your side

The Devil And His Flower

Donghae was walking through the corridors when something bumped his feet.

It was Yoona’s paper flower.

He knelt down to picked it up. The roll was a blue flower and much to his expectations, it did not wilt.

“AAh!” a voice said. “Wait!”

He  stood up, facing Yoona who is heavily panting. She grabbed the flower from his grasp and pocketed it. Yoona knelt down to the floor, as if searching for something.

He sighed. “You girl. What are you doing?” He hoisted Yoona up.

“I am just looking for Nichkhun’s necklace.” Then she noticed that he is touching her. “By.. ah.” She brushed away and shuffled backwards. “Sorry. That you had to touch me.”

Donghae frowned. “Why are you making this flowers?” he coughed a little. “Didn’t I disallow the tea party?”

And then he left, leaving the latter staring blankly at the space.

***

“Yoona-ssi.” Nichkhun said, smiling as he approached her. “Where did you go?”

She raced to his arms, hugging him. “It’s no use making flowers. Donghae is not coming anyway. He hates me!”

Nichkhun hands clenched into fists. “We could go by ourselves.”

“No! I want Donghae! But he’s not here. So I’d better spend my days with you on your palce.”

He grinned. “Yeah!  We should go by ourselves. I am the only one you need.”

 

***

 

What am I being shocked for?

A result of pushing her away probably.

I hadn’t known.

Yoona likes me even though I’m a demon.

Hadn’t I realized that losing her is such a terrible thing?

I’m afraid of touching her.

But..

Why do i….?

 

***

 

“Lovely weather today! Perfect for a tea party!” Eunhyuk proclaimed, raising his hands in complete salute.

Donghae glared at him. “Get a car now!”

“Yes Master.” He said obediently. “Hang on? Why are you up so early?”

He kicked his . “Shut up! You’re just a servant.” He then sighed, composing himself, which is strange. “Never mind. Just get the car. We’re going to town.”

***

“Miss Yoona please come to the garden soon.” A servant said.

Yoona sat up. She was not in a mood to have a tea party today. Even if she’s with Nichkhun. There wont be any fun if Donghae wasn’t there.  She thought.

And all of a sudden.

The velvet curtains threw itself wide open, draping the wind to her face.

A figure loomed over the light.

It was Donghae with his wings spreading in his back.

A present was on his hand. “What’s with that dumb look in your face? The tea party is today isn’t it?” He walked towards Yoona’s bewildered figure. “I came all this way to get you. Can you be a little happy to see me?”

Yoona stood. She cant believe what she was seeing.

“Here.” He continued. “New clothes and shoes. Hurry up and get changed.”

 

***

“Wow that suits you!”

Yoona was dressed in a maroon dress with matching ribbons tied carelessly in her hair.  “Thank you.” She said softly.

Donghae looked at her, hiding the admiration he was feeling.

“But why?” Yoona mumbled, unable to conceal the sadness in her tone. “Even though you hate me..”

“Who would go shopping for a person he hates.” He replied briskly.

He extended a hand. “If you brush my hand away this time, I won’t forgive you.”

She was utterly surprised. But nevertheless touched him.

I’m afraid of being touched. Thought Donghae. But if so.. why? Why?

Why do I want to be touched by Yoona so much?

***

“Now let’s continue the tea party!” exclaimed Eunhyuk as he led the two to the garden.

“Impressive.” Muttered Donghae.

“What?”

“I said impressive.” He repeated. “No need to get a swelled head.” He looked around.”Where’s that idiot by the way?”

“Who? Nichkhun?”

“Yeah!” Donghae said furiously.”Where is he?”

“He left after knowing that you’ll come.”

Hmmm.. Donghae droned. Suspicious.

“He said he’ll come back later.” Said Yoona.

***

“Hm?” inquired Nichkhun dryly. “Did Donghae fall asleep?” he said, referring to Donghae and Yoona who were currently resting themselves by the tree.

Yoona looked at him. “Yup.” She brushed Donghae’s hair “I don’t think he even slept last night.”

“He looks like he just died.” Nichkhun commented. I wish he had. “Surrounded by those flowers and all. Anyway, sorry I’m late. Business to attend to.”

“That’s fine oppa.” She said.

Actually I left because I know you won’t have time for me. Damn that Donghae!

“I wonder if I could touch him.” She whispered. “Or better yet-“

And she leaned to his cheeks and kissed him lightly.

“Yoona-ssi.” Nichkhun frowned. It was a gross sight. But aloud he said. “It was an interesting sight.”