She's with The Duke I don't even trust

The Devil And His Flower

I never feel at ease whenever Yoona goes outside.

In the past and up until now, it was never worthwhile to let Yoona go without me.

***

“Why is a demon like me is participating in this shrine thing. I don’t even understand of it!” complained Donghae as she held Yoona’s hand while they climb the cliff towards the shrine. The demon prince never appreciated climbing this high. Too close to the sun and above all so tiring. “There are so many people. And too bright!”

Nichkhun passed aside him, taking Yoona to the wishing well. Both tossed a coin happily as they closed their eyes to utter a wish. Yoona seemed serious while uttering the incantations whilst Nichkhun kept on keeping his plastic smile.

Very annoying.

“What did you wish for?” asked Nichkhun as soon as they have come back to us.

Yoona appeared to look at Donghae and smirked, which was deadly unlikely for an innocent girl like her. “It’s a secret.” She stood beside Donghae and asked him with puffy cheeks. “What did you wish for HAe?”

“Didn’t do it!” he said.

Yoona smiled. “You should. “ Just then, they heard Nichkhun and Eunhyuk screamed in unison. Not exactly scream but exclaimed,

“Oh! Fortune Telling!”

Yoona ran towards them leaving Donghae shouting “Hey! Don’t wander by yourself!”

 

Yoona huddled toward Nichkhun out of curiousity. For her to witness a fortune telling. She clinged beside his masculine arms, chuckling and giggling as the fortune teller flipped the cards in front of her.

 

Just then, Yoona noticed something. She looked at the spot where Donghae had been a while ago. She saw nothing but air.

 

Yoona panicked. Where is oppa?

 

She started to shuffle her way and look for the demon prince but no sign of him. Not even Jessica.

 

What has happened? She asked herself.

 

If I didn't go selfishly with Nichkhun, this will not happen.

 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist. She leaped out of joy, thinking she found him but only got disappointed upon seeing it's not the prince she's yearning to see.

 

It was Nichkhun.

 

“Hey Yoona-ssi. It's not proper for you to wander around you know.” he flinched upon noticing Yoona's weary face. “Hey, what's with that disappointed look?”

 

Yoona kept on looking at the guy before her.

 

“Here.” he said, reaching out a pie. “Warm yourself with this.”

 

“Thank you.” said Yoona weakly. The blond duke noticed it and he said. “You were looking for him?”

 

She nodded.

 

He heaved a fake smile. “We'll find him. It's not a big shrine after all.”

 

“Yeah.” she said, walking ahead of him. “Maybe because I am not so lucky.”

 

Yoona sighed. The misfortune made sense. The fortune teller told her that she will have a bad luck this year and will experience more hardships. She groaned. How will she suppose to handle this?

 

***

“Damn it.” cursed Donghae as he kept on walking. “I lost sight on her when they wandered off.”

 

“Don't say such leisurely words.” commented Jessica. “We'll find them. This shrine is not that big after all.”

 

“I am worried.”

 

It was like this in the past too.

 

When Yoona steps outside, she'd always gets into mess with herself.

 

And she would cause trouble.

 

It was never worthwhile to let her go.

 

That's why I dared to come over.

 

And now she was gone, with someone I don't even trust.