New Year

The Devil And His Flower

DAmn. i MISSED UPDATING THIS SO MUCH. SORRY FOR MY UN-ANNOUNCED HIATUS GUYS.!!!! HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. I AM DOING THE NEXT CHAPTER MAYBE TOMORROW.

 

“Dong- Dong- Donghae!” proclaimed a forced cheerful voice. “A happy new year!”

These cheerful words were the ones that Donghae hated. He hated hanging around with the sun and he hated celebrations. Yet now, he’s forced to do that since he’s with Yoona.

Being with Yoona is not that easy. First, it’s because Yoona is a kind of human who clings with everyone. And Two, she’s a human who’s oblivious about everything. Even if it’s villainous.

Donghae opened his eyes again. Nichkhun and Yoona are already at the bed side, shaking him to wake and screaming like idiots.

I thought Nichkhun took her to his home?

Yes, he thought of that. How he dreaded this day. He thought he would be free temporarily fro Yoona’s blabbering but no, she is here now, blowing horns to his sleepy senses.

“At least open your eyes and wake up for the new year Donghae!”

Yoona poked a flower to his face, giggling as she repeated the action. “Happy new year oppa.”

Donghae put the blanket under his chin and vigorously shook himself away to brush her off. “Your silly minds were the only ones who wanted to celebrate it. Hey Nichkhun, shouldn’t be you in your home now?”

Nichkhun’s eyes narrowed in a sudden, his teeth gnashing the surface. “No. yoona says he wants to celebrate the new year with you.” Even though the words hurt, Nichkhun was forced to say it, after all, he’s acting as the good guy. “Anyway, Yoona says she wanted to wear a Japanese kimono she saw in the internet a while ago. I instructed Eunhyuk to fly to town and buy one.”

“Yep. I want to wear one.” Exclaimed Yoona agreeingly.  

 

***

The phone rang in it’s familiar tones, shaking and vibrating in the nighttable. Jessica picked up just on time before the caller hang up. She was sure who it was. And was very much certain on what this guy wants.

“Master Donghae.” She muttered over the handset. “A happy new year.”

Muffled voices were heard over the phone. “Oh yes I see. “ . she smiled ate herself but upon hearing another word from the speaker, she frowned in question. “Eh?” And then she hung up and prepared on dressing herself. and

Is this another pleasure?

***

 

Jessica walked to the grand hallway. She was dressed in a gallant dress with flower lay-outs. Her blond hair was fixed in a clean ponytail which had perfectly displayed her beauty. Yoona looked at her with unblinking eyes. She knew well what would happen next.

A dessert.

Donghae came by her side, greeting the welcomed visitor warmly. Yoona never heard that greeting from DOnghae before. He never talked to her that way. Only Nichkhun and Eunhyuk did.

“I am really glad you came.” He greeted. “Thank you.”

Jessica just smiled back. Yoona thought the next event was quite unusual. The last time she saw Jessica, there was something gross that happened. By now, DOnghae must be taking her and will drink her blood but no. Donghae greeted her warmly, without any trace of thirst for blood.

The demon grabbed Yoona by the wrist and pushed her forward, facing Jessica. “I’m counting on you.”

A sly smile spread across Jessica’s face. “Leave everything to me.” And she took Yoona away from the three demons, taking her to a vacant room.

Nichkhun stood beside Donghae as soon as the two humans were out off sight. “So she’s the beautiful Jessica Jung.” He said, smiling. “Yunho’s descendant I suppose. I smell demon blood from her. “ he twitched a strand of blond hair. “I wonder what you want her to do with my princess Yoong.”

“She’s my princess.” Retorted DOnghae. “I’m the prince after all.”

***

“Sorry to have kept you waiting.”

The two humans huddled towards the living quarters, both wearing stunning kimonos. Jessica was wearing a yellow robe while Yoona was wearing a pink floral one. Both looked stunning especially Yoona.

“Omo!” compilimented Nichkhun. “You looked absolutely stunning. No I mean beautiful.”

Yoona smiled at him but her gazed was fixed on someone else. Donghae was seated on the couch looking at the floor, avoiding Yoona’s gaze.

“Hae, am I pretty?”

The demon prince never appreciated being called by his nickname. “Yeah. Pretty. Pretty.”

Yoona turned to Jessica who was now smiling at her. She never expected Jessica to be that fun-loving. She had talked to her while dressing and she enjoyed it.

“Thank you Jessica-ssi.” Yoona then smiled at her. “No. I should call you Jessica-unnie.”

Jessica smiled back. This girl was suitable to be her sole friend. No one had ever called her unnie. Not even her little sister. Everyone thinks she’s a . No one ever respects her. “You’re always welcome Yoona-ssi.. eh.. Yoona-dongsaengnim.”

Nichkhun interrupted the two by saying. “Yoona-sii. Do you want to go to the garden?”

Yoona agreed and accompanied the older demon to the garden, leaving Jessica and Donghae on the living room.

“Sorry for calling you out so suddenly.” Began Donghae.

“It’s the first time I have been called during the afternoon especially coming from you.”

Donghae smiled for the first time. “You also came out to be dressed quite well.”

“It’s new year after all.” She looked at him. “Hey, since I’m already here, would you like some blood?”

Donghae stood, remembering Yoona’s face whenever he’s drinking blood. “No thanks. “ he headed away from the room, not even bothering to bade goodbye.

***

“Hey unnie.” Called Yoona to Jessica. “What do you think is the best place to celebrate new year?”

Jessica raised her chin, thinking. “Hmm. Let me see. How about the shrine?”

“Sounds great!” Donghae then appeared by Yoona’s side. “Mind if I would come?”