Invitation

The Devil And His Flower

“Hey Nichkhun! I wonder why Donghae doesn’t let me to touch him.”

They were in the garden. Watching the flowers bloom from their buds. Although Nichkhun can’t touch it because he knows that these will just wither, he keeps on accompanying Yoona.

Nichkhun was still sored on what happened during his visit on his home. His mother had not recognized him. Her condition is getting a lot worse.  If Nichkhun Senior has not disappeared, then Suriya must be in good condition.

“Khunnie? Are you even listening?”

That sweet voice is enough to knock him from his thoughts.

“You were saying?”

“I said. Why Donghae does not want to held my hand?”

He sighed.  “Huh? That’s probably he is still not used to physical contact.”

“Really?”

Nichkhun took a seat on the garden stools. “Don’t worry he’ll get used to it someday.” He smiled at her. “Well. Yoong. I want to invite you to go to my house.”

“Your house?”

He nodded. “Yes in the demon world.” He leaned closely. “I suppose you want to descend down in there.”

“But..” She looked at Donghae who is currently reading a newspaper. “Will Donghae let us to?”

“He will.” He stood to put his hands on Yoona’s shoulders. “And besides does he care?”

Yoona pouted sadly. He might be right. She thought. Does Donghae really care? After all. Only Nichkhun had always been there.

“Well. I think I should come.” She finally said. “But Donghae should be with us.”

Nichkhun sighed. I wonder what she saw in that gloomy unlovable man. Truth be told, I’m hotter than him. “Very well.” He said aloud. “But will he go? After all, he’s being hunted in the demon world.”

Yoona considered it for a moment.

“Wait. What if let’s organize a party here in the human world instead at your home?”

Nichkhun frowned. Damn. I want Yoona in my home. That’s the only place I can take advantage of her. Without Donghae.

But aloud he said. “Sounds like a good idea.”

Yoona leaped in joy and embraced Nichkhun. “Thanks Khunnie. You are such a good friend.”

Nichkhun smiled weakly. Yoona. Please be mine.

“It’s nothing Yoong. You know I love you right?”

Yoona hugged him in much more pressure. “I love you too Khun-oppa. You’re my bestfriend.”

Please. He thought. Don’t be just my bestfriend.

Yoona left and headed to Donghae.

“Hae!”

He lifted his head up to face her. He smiled.

“I’m going to work hard!” Yoona exclaimed.

Work hard on what?  He thought.

Yoona gave him a piece of paper.

Donghae took a look on it. “An invitation to a tea party?”

“Yup. Just for the three of us.” Nichkhun said in a cheerful voice, trying to hide his discomfort with Donghae. “Well. After that I am going to take Yoona-ssi at my home back in the demon world.”

Donghae stared at him.

“Would that be fine?” Nichkhun asked him. “I promised she’ll be safe.”

He nodded.

Nichkhun showed his smile. Good. Everything proceeds directly on plan.

“At the garden? At daylight?” Donghae finally spoke. “Nichkhun you idiot! Do you really think it is fun to cheerfull take tea on broad daylight?”

Nichkhun smirked. “It’s Yoona’s idea not mine.”

Yoona grinned at him. “Yeah. I was thinking of it so that I will be happy when I leave with Nichkhun for a vacation.”

“Rejected.”

Yoona scratched her head. “What?”

“How many times must I tell you. Don’t do things without thinking.”

As he said this, he left her.

“What a troublesome guy.” Nichkhun muttered. “I wonder what’s up to him. Well, we can have fun even without him right?”

Yoona did not answer.

“I promise. My house is a lot more fun.”

She drew her breath. “At the day of the party.” She whispered. “I’ll decorate the house with flowers that won’t wilt.” She faced Nichkhun this time. “Then both of you will be touched by the flowers. Then we will be happy.”

“Flowers that won’t wilt?”

“Yup. I read it from the book. You can make flowers out of thin paper.” She grinned at him. “Flowers that can even touch a demon.”

Nichkhun gritted his teeth. She still hasn’t given up. “Sounds great.” He held her hand and put it near his lips. “You’ll need help I presume.”

“Thanks.”

***

 

I can’t still do it.

Ever since I picked her up 17 years ago, I’ve never really ever have spend time with her.

When I do it, the image that conjures..

Is a flower.

I still can’t forget it.

***

“I did it.” Yoona said as she stuffed herself with the paper flowers she made.

“Wow it looks like just the real thing.” Complimented Nichkhun.

I wonder if Donghae would like this.