A suspicious Silhouette

The Devil And His Flower

 

“Hae. Let’s party!”

 

Donghae opened his eyes sorely. Another hangover. He had been experiencing this since he hadn’t got blood from humans. He no longer have a blood donor. Tiffany has been reported missing and the other one named Jessica still hadn’t shown up yet.

 

“What on earth is this?” He asked in a low voice.

 

Yoona grinned. “It’s my birthday remember?”

 

Donghae looked at his phone.  It’s really her birthday!

 

“So?” he said coldly. “Demons don’t celebrate that nonsense.”

 

Yoona grinned again. “I am not a demon. I’m a human so let me.” She smiled sheepishly.

 

“Fine!”

 

Yoona jumped. “Here that Eunhyuk?” She hugged the manservant. “Let’s party!”

 

She is such a little girl. Donghae thought.

 

Eunhyuk stood. “A visitor in the hallway”. He sniffed. “Nichkhun perhaps.”

 

In a second, he was proven right. Nichkhun arrived, with a bag of chocolates in his arms.

 

“Happy Birthday Yoong!”

 

Yoong?

 

“Yoong?” Donghae wondered aloud.

 

Yoona chuckled loudly. “My nickname. Given by Khunnie-oppa.”

 

Weird nicknames. Nichkhun! Such an idiot.

 

He grabbed one bar of chocolate. “What the hell is this?” He said

 

Eunhyuk patted his employer. “Chocolate, fishy.”

 

“Fishy?”

 

“Your nickname.” Nichkhun answered. “It was Yoona’s idea.”

 

Yoona smiled. “Yeah. Khunnie is right.”

 

Donghae scratched his head. “Why?” He leaned to Yoona’s eyes. “Do I look like one?”

 

She blushed.

 

“Yes.” Nichkhun got between the two. “Stare at a goldfish and you will see your face.”

 

He growled.

 

“Well, I shall go to my room first.” Yoona announced. “I’ll pick up things first, to organize the party.”

 

Nichkhun grinned. “When you’re back. The party is already organized.”

 

“Impossible.” She muttered.

 

“It’s possible trust me. “

 

She left, running to the flight of stairs. I’m sure, she thought Nichkhun cant organize a party within minutes. He may be a demon but it’s impossible.

 

***

 

Yoona is on her room, looking for the party planners.

 

“Where are those?” she moaned.

 

Suddenly a pair of black wings flashed into her deer-like eyes. Wings that are same with that of demons have. What might it be?

 

A figure loomed to the window. It was tall and muscular. And he’s handsome.

 

“It seems I have the wrong  room.” He said to himself, not noticing her. “Where is that fellow hiding?”

 

***

 

Nichkhun controlled every single thing in the room which can help him organize the party. He let the brooms move. The designs. He hadn’t even let Eunhyuk help. It was up to him.

 

Donghae was seated in a chair, reading a book.

 

Nichkhun suddenly stopped. He flinched for once. “Donghae, someone’s here.”

 

He looked at him furiously. “So it seems.”

 

 

***

 

He finally noticed her.

 

“So you’re the girl Donghae was raising?”

 

She nodded. How did this guy sneak in here without being noticed by the guards?

 

“Where are the the two? Donghae and Nichkhun?”

 

She did not answer and ran away.

 

“Troublesome.” He muttered.

 

***

 

 

“Yoona-ssi?”

 

Yoona ran to them. “There’s a-“  she gasped for more air.

 

“We were about to check for your safety.” Nichkhun said.. “it seems like a demon made his way to this building.”

 

She looked at them.” How did you know?”

 

“I can sense him. Describe him.”

 

She thought for a while. “Handsome with a blond hair.”

 

Nichkhun looked at Donghae with a worried face. “He’s here?”

 

“Someone noisy is here. “ He replied and walked away. “It’s troublesome so I will hide for a bit.”

 

“Eh?” He wondered. “What about Yoona?”

 

“You can continue your party or whatever. I’m the one he wants.”

 

Nichkhun nodded. He knew exactly what Yunho is here for. HIM.

 

***

 

“Where should I start?” Yunho said as he inspected the whole room.

 

“Hey!”

 

He looked back to see the human girl he saw earlier.

 

“Where’s Donghae?”

 

Yoona smiled.”He hid.”

 

“I will find him.”

 

“Who are you.?” She asked as she looked at her nails. “His friend?”

 

“My name is Yunho.” He whipped his hair. “Donghae and I were cousins. I’m older than him and I hold a much higher rank.”

 

“Rank?”

 

“Hasn’t he told you anything?” He frowned as he said it.

 

Yoona shook her head. “Tell me about it Yunho-ssi.”

 

He sat at the floor. “Look the demon world I a tough place. Where demons are organized in a vertically structured way. Right at the top of the ladder are the demon lords. The higher class demons are assigned a rank.” He drew a ladder in the floor using his pocket knife.

 

“Donghae is a demon price. Nichkhun is a duke.”

 

Yoona clapped her hands. “So cool.” She looked at him. “You oppa?”

 

He didn’t answer. “That’s for you to know.”

 

She groaned. “Tell me. Please.”

 

He didn’t reply.

 

“Why are you here then?” She snickered. “To take Donghae back?”

 

He shook his head. “Don’t worry. I just want to talk to the two. Well had Donghae had taken advantage to you?”

 

“Advantage?”

 

He smiled. “Like drinking your blood or something.”

 

“He never let me give it.”

Yunho seemed bewildered.

 

“I thought he was never interested to something except for food. He has no reason he will see you for anything except as a food.”

 

Yoona flinched and exclaimed. “That’s not true! He once stayed by my side until I fell asleep, threw a party, and even held my hand all the time.”

 

Yunho gasped. “Wow. That’s peculiar.” He slammed her to the floor. “Well, let’s have an experiment shall we?”

 

Yoona eyes flew open. “What are you doing?”

 

He put his lips on her bare neck.

 

“No!” She shrieked.

 

“Will he save you from this?” he showed his fangs.

 

“Let go of me.”

 

Yunho grinned. “Well, I am going to have a little nibble. Perhaps he will join me when he smells your blood.”

 

“No! Donghae!!!!!”

 

Suddenly a fist landed in his cheeks, making him inched away from the girl.

 

“OOf!”

 

“Keep your hands off her!” a strong voice said. “Are you okay? Why aren’t you with Nichkhun?”

 

Donghae looked at Yunho who grinned at him.

 

“Long time no see!”

 

“Shut up bastard.”

 

He looked at his back to see Nichkhun.

 

“Yunho?” He muttered.

 

“Nichkhun and Donghae. It’s nice seeing you again.” He looked at Yoona. “Sorry girl, I need to dop that for them to be here immedietly. You’re proven right.”

 

Yoona blushed lightly. Donghae saved her. It means he loves her too.

 

“Yunho-hyung, why are you here then?” Donghae asked as he let Yoona sit beside him.

 

“Important matters. “ he made a mental note to Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun flinched. He must have saved Tiffany from the flames. Damn.

 

“Can I talk to you privately?” Yunho said at Nichkhun.

 

Both of them went to the study room leaving Yoona and Donghae sitting on the couch.

 

“Thanks.” She finally said. “For saving me.”

 

Donghae smiled and for her it’s as if the whole world has smiled for her.

 

This is the best birthday ever.

 

“Now let’s celebrate your birthday. “ he said as he took her to the main dining room.

 

***

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOONA!”

 

Everything was well-organized. Thanks to Nichkhun and his abilities. Everything is fun too since Nichkhun and Yunho were already there.

 

“Happy birthday Yoong.” Donghae whispered to my ear as he handed me a gift.

 

It was a birthday card.

 

“I made that.”

 

“Thanls fishy!” she said as he hugged him.