Held Captive

The Devil And His Flower

 

“She's pretty, don't you think?” said a voice, as he kept on gazing at the girl's face. He was man of muscular build and a man with jet-black hair and dark eyes. He smiled as he kept his stare on the girl they held captive. She's perfect, he thought.

 

“Gikwang-ah! Stop that!” exclaimed the second guy. He has a bit of long hair and had eyes that can be compared with that of Donghae's. His chest was exposed by his loose white shirt. He seemed to be the leader of the trio since he's the one seated comfortably in a chair that looks like a throne. The other two however just contained themselves in sitting in a cheap stool.

 

The other man, with brown hair was just watching the two quietly. He was not speaking nor squeaking, like he always do. In a normal day, he might have been flirting with the unconscious girl. Kissing her and worse, her. But now, unusually do, he just kept on staring at the girl whose hands were ties behind her.

 

“Yes she's pretty.” he said, answering Gikwang's question. He was actually Kim Jonghyun, the infamous viscount of the demon world. The other two were Gikwang and Yoochun. Gikwang was his cousin while Yoochun was the powerful God of darkness.

 

The demon council had asked them to bring Donghae back to the demon world for it seems like Nichkhun failed. They just can't see any way but to apply hostile since Donghae was a hard-headed prince. Yoochun had agreed to help in the mission that's why the mission was a success.

 

The plan was simple. They will blind that Nichkhun using Yoochun's power then escape by using Gikwang's gift of teleportation. And having this girl held captive, they would lure Donghae down and demand him to go back. Simple yet complicated.

 

Before conducting the plan, they first organized a stakeout outside Donghae's mansion and observed the moves of the occupants. They already knew that Nichkhun was a traitor in the mission since he's getting along now with the girl. That made the mission more difficult since there are three demons in the equation, adding the monkey servant who have the power to shield.

 

The shrine-going was a big blow to the plan. That gave them the opportunity to make the group divide into two. Nichkhun and Yoona; Donghae, Eunhyuk and the blood donor. That made the plan easier to execute. And after a few moments of darkness illumination, they already have Yoona. As an added bonus, they have decreased Nichkhun's cockiness.

***

 

 

Nichkhun was less cocky now. He, the powerful duke was defeated by a simple darkness. Plus, Yoona was gone. Things were getting less admirable now.

 

They were currently on Donghae's situation room. All four of them, including the human Jessica.

 

“So who do you think is behind all this?” asked Eunhyuk.

 

Donghae closed his eyes thoughtfully. “I think a God was behind this.”

 

Jessica on the other hand kept on blaming herself. “If it wasn't for my idea on going to the shrine, then Yoona might have not disappeared.” Eunhyuk patted her back, comforting her.

 

“It's not your fault. No one knows this would happen.” Technically, he just repeated the words he said to Nichkhun a while ago. But repeated words were useful sometimes.

 

“So who do you think is that demon god?” asked Nichkhun who was now willing to cooperate. He knows well that he couldn't handle this alone. Besides, he thinks Donghae needs his telekinetic ability.

 

Donghae leaned back to his swivel chair. “I don't know.” he was growing frustrated now. If he only knew the culprits, then the problem would be solved.

 

Just then, Jessica spoke. “I think I know something that could help.”

 

All attention were drawn to her. She began to speak. “I saw three guys outside your mansion earlier. “

 

Donghae frowned thoughtfully. “Do you recognize them?”

 

Jessica nodded. “I don't. But one has a freaky curly hairstyle and the other one is brown-haired.” She took a breath to giggle. “The brown-haired one looks like a dinosaur.”

 

The room fell silent. The last word made sense to them.

 

“Looks like what?” asked Donghae, excitedly.

 

“A dinosaur.” repeated Jessica.

 

“You mean like the big animals who lived in here million of years ago?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Donghae grinned. “So Jonghyun is here.” He began to drum his fingers in the table. “And he's behind this.” He thought of the demon with the freaky curly hairstyle as Jessica had described. “And the freaky-haired one was-”

 

“Yoochun!” completed Nichkhun. “The god of darkness. So that explains the darkness I felt earlier.”

 

Donghae's eyes narrowed. “If a god is behind this then it would be difficult to defeat him.” He stopped when the electricity in his mind sparked a brainwave.

 

“What are you thinking?” asked Eunhyuk, familiar of his master's thoughtful expression.

 

He smiled warmly. “We need some reinforcement.”

 

“Who reinforcements?” asked Nichkhun, curiosity bugging him.

 

“Reinforcement.” smirked Donghae. “Singular.”

 

“Who?” asked the three in unison.

 

He smirked once again. “Eh? The god of death of course!”