Jealous?

The Devil And His Flower

Donghae opened his eyes sorely. He is having headache nowadays. Maybe because he hasn’t drank human blood for almost a week.

What a pain! He thought, sinking into his bed. His number 1, Tiffany, was reported missing. Well that maybe is the price of betraying him. The other one named Jessica had not shown herself for a week. What might have happened to her? Donghae wondered.

The demon prince finally stood and dressed himself. He was not accustomed on wearing a white tuxedo but now he would give it a chance. He walked through the arch and double doors and threw it wide open.

As he paced through the corridors, he noticed something.

Flowers.

Yes. Flowers covering the trail.

The pathway was  filled with red flowers, which surprisingly didn’t wither in his touch.

Was it possible?

A flower that won’t crumble at his touch.

He knelt down and saw an invitation nestled in the bunch of flowers at his foot.

An invitation to the tea-party.

Hadn’t I told them I’m not going? He thought to himself.

He made his way to where the flowers is leading him. A

And at the end of the trail, there’s a table.

Nichkhun is in there. Elegant as ever. He was not smiling. He was looking seriously at tea as if it’s a plague of virus. But then he rose his head and faced me. “Donghae. Gloomy as ever eh?”

“Why are you suddenly in my house?”

Nichkhun smirked. “That’s probably because we’re bosom buddies.” He chuckled once.

“Who’s a bosom buddy?” the older exclaimed. “Get out of my house you idiot.”

Nichkhun ignored him. “Whatever you say.” He patted Donghae’s back. “I’m here to help Yoona-ssi.”

Donghae doubted it. Nichkhun is a guy who never helped people. After all, being the former price, he had always trained himself to be immune with emotions. So why is he helping Yoona?

His suspicious train of thought was interrupted with Nichkhun’s constant waving of a flower.

“How come those flower does not wilt?” he said, taking a piece and observing it. “They are made of flower I supposed.”

“Yes.” Nichkhun answered in a voice low enough for only Donghae to hear. “Yoona said she wanted to make flowers that can touch us demons. “

Donghae bit his lip. Yoona made this for me? He thought. But aloud he said. “That idiot. She’s wasting her time for this?”

“It’s not a waste of time.” Nichkhun teased. “She just want us to be happy.”

He did not answer. Instead he just walked away.

“Hey. Donghae! Wont you go on the tea party tomorrow?”

“No!”

Nichkhun grinned as donghae made his way back to his room

***

 

“Donghae!!!”

He looked at the speaker to see it was Yoona. He glared at her.

They were in the living room. Donghae was seated on the couch in front of the television while Nichkhun was seated in the opposite seat. Yoona sat beside Nichkhun.

“Eh?” Eunhyuk said. “No one’s sitting beside Donghae.”

“You usually fight to sit there. “ added Nichkhun, hiding his strained dark voice.

Yoona moved closer to Nichkhun. “It’s okay.” She held Nichkhun’s arms tightly. “I will do what Donghae says. I will be a good girl who doesn’t carelessly touch people.”

She looked at Donghae whom is currently busy reading a magazine. 

“R-really now?” he finally said. “That’s a good attitude to take.”

“R-really?”

“Yes.”

Yoona leaned closely to Nichkhun. “Khun-oppa. I want to give you this.” She handed down a bouquet of flowers. “Since you’re my best friend.”

“Wow.” Nichkhun said happily. “This makes me happy. Thank you Yoona-ssi”

Yoona smiled.

And…

Donghae frowned.

“What kind of flower is this?”

“I dunno.”

And Donghae glared at both of them.

“What’s with that glare?” the two said in unison.

 

***

Just like that, Yoona suddenly stopped getting close to me.

I no longer have a noisy companion.

And I have..

A silent awakening.

How I missed it.

Every morning, I am waiting for her to throw flowers on me again.

But it didn’t come.

Yes.

This is how it should be.

At least I won’t have to worry about hurting her.

“I made a pretty one.” Said Nichkhun, showing his paper flower like it was his masterpiece.

“I made a pretty one too.” Said Yoona, smiling.

Nichkhun leaned to her face and put a headband made out of flower to her hair. “This suits you.”

They seemed almost kissing.

This is what it should be right?

Yet.

Why does my heart protests?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS REALLY SHORT. HEHE. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS.