Chapter One: Flowers do Wither

The Devil And His Flower

18 years later:

Donghae was sitting comfortably in his garden, watching the birds as they fly to their nest. He shoved a biscuit to his mouth and drank deeply from a cup of tea.

“Why I must be drinking in such an afternoon.” He said. “ It’s too bright”

Eunhyuk who was beside him was busy looking to the girl that he hadnt notice him.

She really had grown up. Just a few years ago she's a baby and now she's a full-grown woman with a beautiful face. Humans really do age differently

“Donghae!”

Donghae looked at the speaker. She grew up as a beautiful woman. Until now, no one knows where she came from or who her parents were. All they knew is that Yoona is an abandoned child.

“Lots of flowers!” exclaimed Yoona “So pretty!”

Eunhyuk on the other hand put his hands on his head in disgust. “Yoona-ssi! Did you cut all the roses I diligently grew?”

 

Yoona did not  flinched and she ran towards Donghae and threw the flowers to him like a child throwing a confetti.

 

So childish.

She was eighteen, a debutant and yet she acts like she's eight, doing things only a child would.

Donghae held one flower by his thin hand. “You just don’t understand do you?” The beautiful red flowers transformed into a filthy withered plant. “If flowers touch me they would wither. “

Yoona smiled. “I know you were a demon. You haven’t aged since I was a kid but in fact you were a 200-year old man.”

“Who’s an old man? The rate at which humans and demons are different.” He stood, avoiding Yoona who plans to give him a hug.

Yoona pouted in sadness. “ Why did you avoid me when I tried to hug you?”

  “Really?”

The girl nodded.

“It’s just your imagination!”

 He left without a word.

 

~~~

“Oppa!” said a cheerful voice. “WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!”

Donghae opened his eyes and rubbed it. How he dreaded being with these girl! “Knock first before you enter!”

“There’s a guest!” she said, ignoring him.

“Guest?”

“Eunhyuk said so.” She replied.

He immediately got up and dressed himself with a white suit. It must be one of his human , willing to have fun with him in the bed. He walked with Yoona to the corridor.

A young man was seated on the sofa, drinking tea. He was watching the television.

 

Finally he noticed him. He stood to greet hi host. “ It’s been fifty years. You are gloomy as always.” He waved to the newcomer. “Master Donghae. I supposed you missed your old friend.”

He yawned. “ I don’t remember being friends with an idiot. Go home!”

The visitor did not hear his complaints. His attention was fized to a beautiful human standing next to Donghae.

“So you must be the girl living with Donghae.” He smiled at her, flipping his hair and at the same time killing the girl maids inside the house. “I am Nickhun, Donghae’s friend. Adorable princess, what is your name?”

Adorable Princess?

Donghae interrupted before Yoona could respond. “It’s Yoona.” He turned to Yoona. “Don’t go near this guy! You’ll catch his stupidity.”

Nickhun laughed. “That hurt!”

Yoona walked away and went to her room, confused with the banter.

“There have been rumors Donghae.” Nickhun began, once Yoona is already out of earshot. “ The great demon, Donghae, taking off hell and living on the surface.” He stood and prepared to leave. “To make matters worse, you are living with a human.”

Donghae smirked. “ I see. So they sent you up here?” he coughed. “To take me back?”

Nickhun leaned closer. “Yup and kill that child was the command.”

Nichkhun left, leaving Donghae sitting on the couch.

Worried.

 

Flashback:

 

“Master, where are you going?”

“To the surface.”

He flew away and left the prince-life he had in hell.

 

Nothing was left except his powers and Eunhyuk.

But now he has Yoona. and he will do anything to protect her.

 

***

“Donghae-ssi. Someone’s here.” called someone from the living room.

He looked behind and saw the girl he has been waiting for a long time. He’s been craving for her. His face when he saw her, changed into unfamiliar hues. From boredom to excitement. This might turn to fun. He has been stressed lately, following Nichkhun's sudden arrival.

He is yearning to touch her for a long time. And his yearning for BLOOD.

“ Jessica, it’s nice seeing you again.” He mumbled. “ I have been thirsty for a while now.” He ed his polo shirt and kissed Jessica in the lips. “I have been waiting for this for a long time.”

Jessica moaned through his lips. “ Donghae ah!”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “Now you two. Do that private thing in your room.”

Donghae glared at him. He did not flinched. He led her to the double doors and entered Donghae’s room.

***

 

 

Yoona walked to Donghae’s room, carrying one of her most favorite pillows.  For some reason, she wanted to talk to him or rather sleep in his room tonight.

“Surely, it will be fun.”

She never had gone to school. Donghae never gave her permission to do so. Eunhyuk is the only one educated her. Thanks to the internet.

Eunhyuk was standing there. Outside Donghae’s room. he resembled a snowman wating for the sun to come.

“Ah Eunhyuk-oppa?”

He looked at her. “What is it?”

“I was thinking of sleeping with oppa tonight.”

He shook his head repeatedly. “Donghae is having a dessert right now.”

Yoona frowned. “Dessert?” She bit her lip. “Is she still the same girl? Whose blood he always takes?” She hugged her pillow. “I never met her.”

She quickly opened the double-doors, not realizing what she will see behind it.

***

They were both enjoying the newfound pleasure. Donghae sloppily kissed her lips and ed his manhood inside her. Jessica moaned in pleasure. Her hands were in his slim waist and his mouth fought with hers. He lifted her chin and proceeded on the base of the neck. He the blood from her neck and she grunted in pain.

More blood. They could hear nothing but the scratching of skin and their orchestral moans. Donghae was enjoying every bit of it until......

The door creaked opened, revealing Yoona and Eunhyuk.

 

***

“Oh it’s you.” He moaned in her neck, seeing Yoona and Eunhyuk by the door. “Didn’t I tell you to always knock before coming in?” he covered their undressed selves with a robe. He walked towards Yoona, as Jessica prepares herself to leave.

“What…” stammered Yoona. “..are you doing?”

He smirked. “Demons like human blood. You know that right?”

She nodded. “If so.” She leaned up. “Then my blood should be good enough.”

Donghae frowned. “Well of course I cant drink your blood. “ He looked at Jessica, who is now on her way to leave the mansion. “If there’s nothing else, go back to your room.”

“I don’t want to go!” Yoona pouted as she held his hand.

“Don’t touch me!” he exclaimed as he pulled off his hand from her grasp.

He can see Yoona cry and run away from his sight. Who could blame him from acting that way? She who smiles like a flower. If he would touch flowers, they would wither. Fleeting. Fragile. Wouldn’t be just like them? If he touches her, she would also crumble like a flower. Losing her is unbearably frightening.

He wiped a tear racing from his eyes.

 

***

“Yoona-ssi!” a voice said.

Yoona looked up to see a familiar handsome guy. He must be Donghae’s guest last time. The one named…

“Remember me? Nickhun?”

“Yah!.”

He sat next to her. Yoona moved farther, occupying the corner of the sofa. Nickhun frowned.

“What’s with that oppressive distance?”

She glared at him. “ Donghae-oppa said not to get close to you.”

He rolled his eyes and leaned at her. “Your eyes are red.” He observed. “Couldn’t sleep?”

She did not respond.

“Yoona-ssi, wanna go to town?”

She looked up. “That would be fun!”

Nichkhun grinned. A chance!