Only Reminds Me Of You

The Lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber POV

After the rolled film finished, I went upstairs towards my kitchen.. it’s already 9 pm but I still haven’t eat my dinner.. I don’t want to be lectured by Yuri on the phone.. she knows me really well till she can tell the difference between me lying and telling her the truth.. even it’s just on the phone.. I walk slowly towards my kitchen with my empty feelings..

I see you, beside me
It’s only a dream
Vision of what used to be

All of sudden.. the images of her played inside my mind.. I reach up my drawer and pulled out some pan to cooked my dinner trying to get rid of those images that played inside my mind.. I went to my fridge to get some ingredients.. shook off my head.. when I closed my fridge I froze when I saw her clear reflection.. holding the pan.. cooking us some dinner.. I saw myself hugging her from the back lovingly.. we shared the love..


The laughter, the sorrow
Pictures in time
Fading to memory
 

We played together.. you often slap my hand because I’m trying to taste some of your cooking while it still on the pan.. not yet being served.. the time when I for her weird attitude while cooking.. she always have her lips pouted when she was cooking.. I even forget how happy I am back then.. seeing my own self laughing that freely.. that side of me.. never appears again since that time.. we eat together at the table.. I wipe some of your dirty lips with the napkins.. you did the same with me.. we feed each others.. we washed the dish together.. I began to played with you.. putting the soap bubbles on your nose making you pout in anger but I rather found it cute.. you wipe your hands that full of bubbles all over my face.. I began to sprayed out you with water.. we play like a little kid.. happiness.. that’s the perfect word to describe the moment…

I came close to the preparing table and those images fade out..

“*sigh* I never knew this could affect me really badly..” I talked to myself as I cook and eat my dinner.. alone.. it’s just a clinging sound that I make when I eat that could be heard echoing the kitchen.. if you’re here.. there should be the time I heard you blabbering about all of your day.. you don’t like silence.. I’ve always some music when we eat.. and you always love the slow med songs..

“Damn it.. how can I get out from this dark pit..” I cursed under my breath while clenched my hands into fist..

I put the plate and the others on the sink and washed it automatically.. my mind is going somewhere.. those flashback of our first fight began to played inside my head.. your scream.. my scream.. we ended up crying together on the couch.. without I realize, my teardrops are falling freely through my cheek..

How could I ever let you go
Isn’t too late to let you know
 

I should’ve grab your wrist and hold you tightly that day.. the day we broke up.. I should’ve do something instead of kneeled down in sorrow.. but everything already happened.. you’re not mine anymore..


I tried to run from your side
But each place I hide
It only reminds me of you

I walk limply towards my bedroom to ease the pain I felt.. as I thought I could do that.. but no.. when I entering my own bedroom, I saw your clear reflection sleeping peacefully on my bed.. shivering a bit due to the coldness.. in reflect, I lie down beside her.. and pulled the blanket to make her warm.. us warm.. when I pulled out the blanket, those images disappear.. I chuckle bitterly towards myself..

“I think I’m going nuts.. pulled out a blanket for nothing but thin air..” I stare on my ceiling and closed my eyes for a while.. reminiscing those memories we ever had..


When I turn out of the light
Even the night
Only reminds me of you
 

RIING RIIING

My phone ringing.. it must be Yuri.. I opened my eyes lazily and rolled over my body to the edge just to grab my phone on the side table.. I didn’t bother to read the caller’s ID.. so I just pick up and talk lazily..

“yes Yuri? If you want to asked whether I already eat dinner or not, the answer is yes.. I already eat my dinner..”

“oh.. it’s good to know that you’re already eat your dinner..” my eyes got widen as I heard the voice.. it’s not Yuri.. she talked in English..

“JACKIE??!” I yelled out as I heard her voice.. I sit up straight with my shocked face..

“yeah it’s me.. what? You’re disappointed that it’s not Yuri whose calling you?” she said sarcastically.. we began our conversation in English since Jackie didn’t know much about Korean.. she can only understand but didn’t know how to reply it..

“no.. no.. I’m not disappointed.. it’s just.. usually she is the one who will call me at this hours and ask me those things.. and you calling me, it’s really rare you know.. since you’re at the state while I was here.. you slowly forgetting about having a little sister like me..” I joked around.. I’m happy that she was calling me.. it’s been a year since we last contact each others.. I missed her so badly.. at least she could make me forget about her for a while..

“YAH!! I NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU!!”

“a year without a single news from you? That’s what you called not forgetting about me?” I even more.. she really hates when I ..

“it was.. FINE!! But still Amber JOSEPHINE Liu.. I didn’t forget about you.. it’s just I don’t have so much time to call you..” she emphasize the Josephine.. she knew that I really hates she called my middle name.. because most of my friends back then tease me with my middle name.. because it’s so girly when my image was so boyish..

“no need to emphasize the J.. I understand that since you’re the heirs of father’s company.. tired?” I asked her in concern, knowing that what she was dealing is hard..

“I’m exhausted.. I need you to become my energy pills..” she pleaded like a kid.. I just chuckle at her childishness..

“I’ll be visiting you at summer breaks.. you know that I’m here also have works to do..”

“like what? You already finished your Master degree last year as I remembered.. the first time father asked you to come back to the state, you said that you want to take your Master degree there so you need more time.. but now.. you already finished it.. and it's been a year since you graduated.. what are you trying to reasoned now? Are you keep holding back because of her?” apparently yes.. you got the right answer.. I took my Master degree not because I wanted.. but because I wanted to spend more time with her.. long distance relationship never works really well.. I went into silence..

“I guess I’m right.. well you said that you and her it’s already over either.. it’s already freakin 3 years Amber!! just go back here and you could forget her more easily.. if you still there, you only will keep reminding of her..” she raised her voice..

“*sigh* fine.. I’ll go back at summer.. I still needs things to be settle up first.. since I also own a café here with Yuri and the others.. I need to get them informed to search for a new barista..”

“you’re weird.. you took architecture as your major yet you’re just working at the café.. as barista..”

“at least I’m capable doing that.. and I’m good at it.. architecture is boring.. I do take some contract to built some houses or malls so it was not a waste either..” I said annoyed..

“I know that.. your name is well known.. and father wants you here as soon as possible.. to continue his company as well.. with me.. but I’m your boss..” she proudly said.. yeah.. she’s majoring business and finance.. so she’s more in handling the whole company rather than working on design like me.. but she understand and can do the design as well but not as good as I am..

“I know that you’ll be my boss.. but since it was you.. can I asked more time to be here? Pleaseeee…” I pleaded..

“*sigh* fine.. summer break it is.. but no postpone after that okay? I will hunt you down if you postpone your way here again without any particular reason..”

“got it sist!! You’re the best!!! Love you so much!!” I yelled in excitement..

“yeah.. I love you too..” she said in annoyed.. “try to not thinking about her.. anymore.. you deserve a better person than her..” her words stabbing my chest.. my heart..

“I will try.. maybe you can help as soon as I got there.. but I don’t want YOU TO SET ME UP WITH SOME BLIND DATE!!” I said in stern voice.. because back then when I was still younger and she set me up in a blind date to cover her up.. she didn’t want to meet the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter