You Are The Reason

The Lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgiving and forgetting are totally different. You may forgive but you can't forget, that one person who caused you so much pain more painful than anyone else could, because you love her.

Author's POV

The sun started to set as the sky turned into a beautiful orange color. Amber is still not yet done with her work, thanks for that certain someone that keep bugging her inside her mind. That fateful event really made her feel horrible because she does still have feelings for that certain someone but she is still afraid that the latter would break her heart again in the future, her problem didn't stop there because she actually already started to like the other girl who hug her and calm her down, trying to protect her from her fear. Her brain really malfunctioned, she can't think of anything. "Aaaaaah!!!!" Amber screamed out loud as she pulls her hair and bang her head to the pile of paper that laid down unattended on her desk since lunch time. Nicole immediately opened the door with panic written all over her face "Boss!! What happen? Are you okay? Did you burn something?? Are you sick?? Are you hurt or need an ambulance??" She bombardired Amber with question as she rushed towards her boss that is still leaning her forehead on the pile of paper, Nicole lift up Amber to lean back to the chair as she check on her "oh my.. You look terrible. Do you want us to just go home now? Your health is more important." Nicole frowned as she saw Amber's lifeless stare.

"Why she has to come here when everything started to move forward in my life? Why Nicole why? I don't really get it. Why my fate is like this? Did I kill an innocent child in my past life or something till I have to get this kind of fate? Ugh.. I can't do my work. My brain is malfunctioned." Amber groans as she rubs her forehead because she is having a major headache. "Do you want me to call Jackie?" Nicole asked concernedly as she gave Amber a glass of water. "No. My sister already have her hands full, I don't want to make her worried about this pathetic sister of hers. Please call my parents, I need to talk to them." Amber said while she let out a heavy sigh and drink the water Nicole gave her. After a few ring, her parent's secretary picked up the phone and Nicole asked if Mr or Mrs Liu are available to talk to because Amber really need them, the secretary immediately connected the line to their parents' phone and Amber can heard her mother's voice "what's wrong sweetie? is everything alright?" Amber just let out a defeated sigh before she talk "Mom I can't do all of this work now. My head feels like exploding right now, I am a mess. Can Mr Lee take my position for a while?" she pleaded with a tired voice as she massage her forehead until it's kinda reddened, the typing sound from the other line suddenly stopped before a soft voice that filled with worried answered "Do you want to go to hospital? And sure, if you're really not feeling well, I will ask Mr Lee to take your position for a while, your health is more important. But I bet it's not only because of that isn't it? Do you want talk about it?" Amber just let another sigh as she remembered everything that happened this lunch "Krystal came to my office out of nowhere, I was with Ailee when she just burst into my office, it's just... I don't know how she did that but she did, and now my brain is malfunctioned because of my haywired feelings so I am really sorry mom, I can't do this right now, I can't process anything in this condition." Amber whimpers as she pulls her hair again before ruffling it in stressed. A loud sigh can be heard from the other line "Alright sweetheart. I'll ask Mr Lee to take care of your position for a while. Do you want me to take care of Krystal? I surely can send her back safely to Korea by tomorrow if you're really bothered by her presence." Her mom suggested, earning a definite No from Amber right away. "it's okay mom, she will only be here for 2 weeks. I will try to pull myself together by tomorrow so I can go back to work as soon as possible. I know we're really on a tight schedule right now." Amber said as she feel guilty for Mr Lee and also she never like to abandoned work like this just because she had problems with her feelings, she always separated works and personal life problems but this time she just really can't do that. "Alright then, if you say so. I will ask our family doctor to check on you later on when you're home, please be careful honey. I will talk to your father about this, we will try to be home by dinner time. Your sister's health also started to dropping, I'll ask her to get checked out as well later at home. Nicole, please take care of my daughter." Mrs Liu asked as she already started typing again on her computer. "Certainly Mrs Liu. I will take care of Ms Amber." Nicole said with such confident as she salute despite Amber's mom can't see it either but she still did the salute, earning a weak smile from Amber. She thanked her mom before they hang up the call. Amber tried to stand up but she seem way too dizzy to even stand on her own feet as she goes back to her seat "Just wait here, I will call the driver to prepare the car to be at the lobby. Are you sure that you don't want to go to hospital?" Nicole asked worriedly, Amber just gave a weak nod that she doesn't want to go to hospital, she just need a rest. Nicole proceed to call the driver and one of the receptionist to help her bring Amber's stuff also her stuff because Nicole will be helping Amber walk. The receptionist arrived not so long after she got called and informed that their car already ready at the lobby, Amber already look really pale as white as the unattended paper on her desk. Nicole swiftly circling one of Amber's arm around her shoulder and lift her up, helping her walk to the VIP elevator and they're going down. As soon as they arrived at the lobby, some of the staffs noticed her, some of them already gasped in shocked, some of them already cheering on Amber to get well soon, Amber couldn't respond well because she can barely registered what's really going on around her. Nicole put Amber gently inside the car as some of the photographer took a picture of them and a pale Amber that already closing her eyes before she get inside the car and they drive home. "The doctor will be ready at home when we arrived. For now, just take a rest." Nicole informed as she read the text on her phone, Amber just nodded weakly, closes her eyes and leaned her head on the window before fall asleep.

The news reached Jackie's ears quick as she got worried about her baby sister, she decided to clear up her schedule for the day so she can be there with her baby sister at home despite her condition is also no better than her sister but BoA keep her in check and will stop her when she overworked herself. They all packed up their stuffs and go back home immediately, telling her parents that she will be going home first to check on Amber, her parents just agreed with her and they also plan to go home before dinner so they all can gather at home to take a break for the hectic work for a while and have a family bonding time. Jackie's phone ringing quite long before she pick it up "Hey Jack, I saw an account on my social media posting about Amber being really sick, is that true? There is even a trending topic on twitter for that. I just want to confirm it with you because I can't reach Amber nor Nicole. Sorry to bother you in the first place" a woman's voice asked in concern. "Yes Ailee, I'm currently on my way home to check up on her. Is it true that Krystal came to her office today? I heard that she is with you when that happened." Jackie asked as she wear her blazer and went out to the VIP elevator where she can still get a signal even inside the elevator so their call wont got cut. Ailee let out a heavy sigh as she remembered what happened this lunch to them "Yes that's true.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter