I Need You

The Lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That certain lingering feeling that creeps inside our heart when we're being left behind by someone whom dearly to us, it held us hostages to our own heart and mind"

Credit Photo to Owner

Amber's POV

My head feels like being hit by a baseball bat, it hurts yet I somehow prefer feel this way so I would be focusing on this pain rather than my heartache, it's ironic that I have to feel another form of pain in order to forget about my heart's pain. I can feel that my body feels lighter, not in a good way, it's almost like I'm in a clouds and not touching the ground. I tried to sit on by bed as I massage my forehead, I can hear footsteps coming towards me from the door, must be Nicole. I squinted my eyes and shook my head a bit to make my view less blurry. "Alright, it's time for your medicine. I know you hate it, just eat it. I've bought the candies as well, the doctor will come to check up on you later on." Nicole hand me some pills that looks really bitter in my point of view, I just swallow it quickly with a help of a glass of water. She handed me the candy afterwards as I gladly accept and noms on it. "ugh, my head hurts." I groaned as I lay myself down again on the bed. "that's why it's important for you to take your medicine so you can feel better soon. Let me check your temperature." Nicole placed a laser thermometer on my forehead as it make a beeping sound "38 degree Celsius, not bad, you're getting better. I've assigned your works to some of the employee at the office as instructed by Jackie, they'll be covering for you until you're getting better. Of course, Jackie will be checking on their works as well, however your parents will help Jackie as well since they don't want her other daughter to faint like someone here right now."  I look at her as she flashes her innocent smile. As if I like to be sick, no I don't, I hate it. "ugh I'll have to recover soon so I can help Jackie. She already got a lot in her hands. Give me some of the paper works that I can still review some of the work, so it wont be all be assigned to Jackie." I adjusted my position into sitting position again, leaning myself to the head board so I could still be resting and working at the same time. "I'm not supposed to give you any work related stuff since Jackie sternly said that you must have a good rest in order to get better. How about this, if the doctor said that you're okay enough to have some work, just a little, I'll handed it to you. If he said it's a no no, means it's a no no. He should be here soon, okay?" Nicole pushed me back down to lay on my bed as she tuck the blanket for me. I let out a heavy sigh and nodded in agreement. Speaking of the devil, the doctor is here. Nicole move to sit on the other side of the bed as he start unpacking his stuff to check on my condition, "alright, you're getting better Ms. Amber, just don't forget your medicine. I can prescribe an IV drip to help you recover faster, but it's only optional since it'll be quite painful and you'll be drowsy" he took off his stethoscope from his hear and let it circling on his neck. "if I took that, would I likely be able to go back to work tomorrow?" I asked him curiously, well if it is what it takes to get better faster, I would do it. "well it'll still depends on your condition tomorrow, but surely it'll raise the chance of you getting back on shape by the next day. However I highly not recommend overworking on the first day you can go back to work since I knew all the Lius are workaholic, better not to stress your body too often" He smiles as he prepare the IV drip and pierce the needle to the back of my palm, well it does hurt a bit, but I think it'll be okay. As the doctor leaves my bedroom, my phone ringing quite loudly, I picked up the phone only to hear nothing from the other side. I checked on my connection and the name of the caller "hello? Ailee?" I asked confusedly as I still hearing nothing from the other line, I tried again as she finally answer me "I'm on my way to your place, is that okay Amber? I'm worried about you getting sick so I canceled my morning schedules so I can visit you" Ailee said, I can hear that she most likely to be driving on her own. "I don't mind and I assume you already knew where I live? since you didn't really ask about the address. Please drive carefully first, we can talk later when you're here. I'll let the security know that you're coming" I smiles unconsciously, her voice is quite soothing to hear. She said thank you before hanging up the phone. Nicole already smirking evilly beside me, "I guess I'll prepare some high tea for you two to hang out here and also I'll tell everyone not to disturb you in any circumstances while she's here, so you can.. you know, finish what you've started before" ugh how can she could think that way in fact that I'm sick right now and kissing someone is not on the list at all, but on the second thought, it might be a good idea... "I knew it! you're thinking about that right now! Don't worry, I got your back Am." Nicole said excitedly as she claps her hands and walks outside the bedroom. well I'm just afraid that what I feel about Ailee is just me trying to escape from the pain that I felt in my heart, I don't want to be a jerk to her, she doesn't deserve that. I'll just listen to some music while waiting for her to come. I place my airpods on my ears and start to scroll around the music app, hmm Ailee's song?

I know I said I'm okay

But to this day

It's always raining in my heart

I still remember

The day you left me

I told you not to go

As I held onto you in tears

Sad song? is she talking about her story or someone else? I closed my eyes as I tried to listen to the lyrics of the song, suddenly I heard my name being called by a familiar voice inside my head, 'Amber..'  it's Krystal's voice. I jolted a bit as I heard that voice, no, not now. My heart, stop trying to feel it. Just stop, I'm tired of this, I am trying to move on with my life. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter