Arguments

DRIFTING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I picked up Chaera from her school and went home. As I got home, Sandara was already home too. Even she has dressed up prettily to go to my parents house to have family dinner regarding to Jiyoung's visiting. It's so rare for him to visit his hometown recently and mom asked us to gather. I know mom is lonely, I forgot to mention that dad has passed away. He died peacefully last summer and when I saw his face, I think he was smiling as if there's nothing he ever regretted in life. Since then, Mom has been living alone.

 

"Chaera yah, what you learn at school today?" Sandara squatted down in front of Chaera as I headed to our closet to change my clothes.

 

I watched them from my room, they're giggling at each other, Sandara is a good mom. She loves our daughter so much even takes care of her more than well but sometimes I just feel like she doesn't have much time for her, it's always me, me and me. Chaera said to me the other day that she misses her Pretty mom.

 

"Jiyoung asked me why I didn't come to join his lunch this afternoon." Sandara brought up suddenly. I don't answer her and held Chaera's hand, take her into her room to get herself changed.

 

"Why didn't you tell me he was inviting us to lunch!?" She asked me again, now leaning herself by the threshold and crossing her arms, starring at me.

 

I smiled to Chaera who smiled back at me and still cutely holding her little robot. She lifted her hands up when I pulled up her school uniform.

 

"Are you planning to be deaf now?" Sandara said again.

 

I sighed and as soon as I finished with Chaera's clothes. I let her run outside to see Doggy for a while before three of us go to Mom's house. Sandara blocked my way out, "What's wrong with you?" She asked.

 

I smirked and shoved her shoulder lightly, "Hell! You should ask that to yourself." I said coldly and rushed to the garage to take the car out.

 

 

We spent our times inside the car all the way to Mom's house without talking to each other. I thought she was going to bring up about that damn lunch but she didn't. She is just sitting right there beside me, looking out the window, sometimes texting with her damn phone. I really need to check that phone sometime.

 

Chaera is sleeping on the back seat with her Rillakuma I gave to her 2 years ago. It's already ruined by the drool and dirt but she still wants to keep it and always cries every time I brag about throwing it away.

 

It's starting to rain. Thunder is rumbling and I need to really focus on the road because the way to go to Mom's house is a little bit narrow and dangerous especially when it's dark and raining. Sandara glanced at me, I can see that with the corner of my eye and that makes me nervous because I can't stop biting my own nail.

 

"You want me to drive instead?" She asked all of sudden.

 

I glanced at her for a sec, "Nope."

 

"You don't seem fine." She said again.

 

"Well you either."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Nothing."

 

Then our conversation ends. Weird. Awkward. Pathetic. I don't know what to describe our relationship anymore. We used to talk about a lot of things, we had fun even we laughed at nothing but now… everything is just boring and bland. We reached Mom's house, finally.

 

Jiyoung is waiting outside with that huge pink umbrella and he waved at our car. "You go first." I told Sandara. She carried Chaera right away and both of them got off the car, Jiyoung sheltered them with the umbrella and brought them in. As I parked my car, I also rushed in with Jiyoung. He poked me and looked at me with those eyes, again, damn it, Jiyoung I hate it when you look at me like that.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked.

 

I just nodded and took off my shoes. "I'm sorry but I want to ask…"

 

"Cut it off, Jiyoung. I won't answer any of your question." I said and headed in.

 

Once I entered the dining room, I saw mom hugging Chaera like she is not going to let go of her ever. I smiled to mom when she saw me and then she hugged me. "I miss you, Chaerin." She said and rubbed my back. "Miss you too, mom."

 

"Come on, sit." She let go of me and let me sit.

 

I caught Sandara glancing at me and when we met our eyes, she quickly looked away. What was that about?

 

All of us are gathered at the dining table, me, Sandara, mom, Jiyoung, Sohee and Chaera who is sitting on the chair Mom specially bought for her so she can join the dinner as a family.

 

"Chaerin, how's work in the company?" Jiyoung asked when our other conversation ends. I gulped the last drop of my wine and looked at him, "It's… pretty boring, as usual. You don't need to ask that. There are tons of work, you know, and half are given by you!" I said. Jiyoung chuckled, also mom and Sohee. Chaera is busy playing with her spaghetti and Sandara is just being quiet.

 

"Well, you should hang out more, you must be very busy and need to refresh yourself." Mom said.

 

I shrugged, "I don't know, I think I don't really need that because there's someone else who is much busier than me." I said.

 

Everyone is quiet.

 

Sandara glanced at me, mouthing, "What the hell?"

 

Mom looked at both of us with wary eyes. Jiyoung rubbed his temple, probably trying to say something else to melt down the atmosphere.

 

"What? I mean, Sandara is much busier than me. She seems so ing busy recently, there must be a lot of works given by your boss, right?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter