Effort

DRIFTING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Like I said before, I'm gonna fight for everything, for my family, for my relationship with Chaerin to work out again though it's the hardest part, sometimes it just seems impossible. She doesn't act like she is still in love with me and doesn't show that she is also fighting for our relationship. 

 

Okay then, I will just wait for her, like she used to wait for me. She deserves my sacrifice, because she is worth it because I love her and she is my everything, now that I realize it.

 

I've decided to move out from Taeyang's house. He is smiling to me and offered me a goodbye hug. So I hugged him tightly, "Thank you for everything." I said. 

 

He rubbed my back, "Take care, Dara. Call me every time you need something." He said. 

 

I'm moving back to our home, Chaerin refused at first but eventually she let me, all because of Chaera. The only thing I worry about is the fact that Bom is also living in our home. I wonder what it would be like. Wives and a lover and a daughter. Well, it sounds pretty awkward.

 

I miss our room, but I can't stay in that room anymore because now Bom is filling my spot. I can see her stuffs anywhere. This is already her home. I like her, I like Bom, really. It's just saddening that she can make Chaerin happier than I can. And the most important part is, she never hurts Chaerin while that is the only thing I've done to her all this time, hurting her.

 

I'm surprised when I see Bom in the kitchen. She is eating something and look so pretty even in her pajamas. 

 

"Oh, I thought there's nobody in this house." I said.

 

She smiled to me, "Yeah I woke up late this morning. I'm too exhausted." she said after finishing her food. She tossed the plate to the sink and looked at me uneasily, "You know I can move out if you…"

 

"No no no. It's fine. I'm fine really."

 

"Really?"

 

I sighed and looked out the window beside me, leaning my elbow on the kitchen table. "She needs you." I finally said. 

 

Bom smirked and did the same thing as me, looking out the window. And then there's silence, for almost a minute I guess. 

 

"She needs you more than me. She just doesn't know that." 

 

I'm surprised. I looked at Bom. How come there's someone so patient and humble and lovable like her and Chaerin still chose me? 

 

"Do you love her?" 

 

Bom raised her eyebrow, "It's obvious, right?" 

 

"But why you never really fight for her? I mean, she used you just to ease her pain, and she still ends up choosing me. She married me, and she is heartbroken now and she looks for you again, it's like repeating the past but, why, Bom? Why are you still here and not abandoning her?" 

 

Bom shook her head lightly, "I can never fight for her, because she doesn't love me sincerely, because we're not meant for each other, because I know from the first time that the only person she loves is you."

 

"Then, why are you here?"

 

She shrugged, "I don't know. I just… wanna make her happy. I want to comfort her. I want to accompany her. I want to be always there for her… because I love her, and that's what I know I should do for someone I love."

 

I'm touched by her words. I can never afford to do that, even to think like that. I feel so stupid. I realize how selfish I am and how bad I am as a person. I don't know a about loving someone. It's so bad for Bom to experience this thing, loving someone and not being loved. 

 

Now I don't feel like living in this house anymore. I think this is a bad idea.

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Bom asked.

 

I looked at her, and nodded lightly. 

 

"What does Chaerin mean to you?"

 

I rolled my eyes, wondering what's the best words to answer her. 

 

"Chaerin is… she is the love of my life. She is part of me and I don't think I can live without her." 

 

"You seem so sure about your words but you don't act according to your words."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You should think of it by yourself." 

 

Bom smiled to me in the end and then she walked away from the kitchen. I do not have to think actually, she made it pretty clear. I cheated on Chaerin, that's the main problem here. Oh my God I don't wanna think about it anymore. Now I will just focus on Chaera and fixing this damn relationship with Chaerin. I will fight for her no matter what. Even if it means I have to hurt Bom.

 

***

 

I sat down beside Chaerin. She looks tired and all blank. She is just starring at those plants in front of us. We're in the hospital, waiting for Chaera to get shots and then we will take her home. The doctor said it's okay for her to go home, she is still fine but in months or even weeks or even days, nobody knows if she will be still fine. 

 

"Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter